Throughout the last couple of months i have had a problem keeping the battery charged on my Toshiba Satelite L15-S104, i would plug in the ac adapter, and the icon on the desktop would indicate it was randomly charging, then not charging on and off...now i could keep it plugged into the adapter, but the sudden charge then stopped charge was making the laptop lag...and making it impossible to use.
now the laptop has no power whatsoever..the lights that would indicate its battery level have gone blank, but im not 100% sure its the battery, it may very well be but the fact was that if i moved around the ac adapter connection and held it in a certain position while connected, it would charge consistently, and when it was moved it would charge randomly again. So i dont really know if its the connection of the satelite, the adapter, or the battery. opinions on what it is and what to do would be helpful, thx
i also have run into the dilemna of troubleshooting, i dont have a replacement battery on hand to test and dont want to order online because returning could be a hassle, however i only have best buy and curcuit city around here and have no other resources to obtain a replacement to test. Im not even sure if bb or cc would take a battery back if used, so suggestions on what to do would help.
thanks alot as always HWA
1gb pc3200 ram
Powercolo x800gt V-Card
Maxtor Maxline Plus II hd
Msi K8N neo3 mobo
Logysis Phantom case 480w ps
Windows XP pro
|>> Re: Toshiba Satelite battery problem?? need help plz
Your problem, it would appear, is not with the battery. You say the battery will charge if the ac adapter connector is held in just the right place. That tells me that the connector on the laptop is bad and not making contact all the time as it should. To test this, remove the battery and try to boot the system. I'll bet you'll find that it will only jboot if you hold the connector in just the right spot. If this is the case, you'll ahve to replace the connector on the laptop. I wouldn't wait to long in getting this done as not doing so can burn the mother board, damage the CPU or other components on the board. Good luck.