Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1352 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 18 - 11:45am EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Off Topic /

SALVIA! 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
Beavis Khan Jul 15, 2007, 09:32am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: SALVIA!
FordGT90Concept said:
The issue with plants like salvia is it could be a gateway drug. I'm sure the clock is ticking on its legality.

If you want to make it a gateway drug, go ahead and declare it illegal.

I love that it's legal here in the US to monitor telephone and internet transmissions, hold citizens with no opportunity for due process, take them to other countries and torture them....but oooooh! You want to smoke dried plant matter to get a buzz?!? Now that's certainly something that should be illegal! It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic...

____
"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong."

- H.L. Mencken
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
phil Jul 15, 2007, 12:07pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i can see the arguement for it being/becoming illegal... people are about a million times more likely to do something like DRIVE while under the influence... excuse me while i look at that list of sympoms again.. yeah not a good mix.

also there's the smoke issue, err, second hand smoke i should say, it's becoming very hard to find a country in the world where smoking tabacco isn't banned in one way or another. in canada it's illegal to smoke inside any structure with two walls and a roof (exception of private home), cant smoke on construction sites, cant smoke in parks, even QUEBEC!! (land of the <14yr old smoker) has banned smoking.. mosy of canada has legislation against even displaying cigarettes behind store counters.. the so called "powerwalls" .. all because the person who is doing the smoking, who "it's their right to smoke if they want to" has no control over who else they FORCE to smoke just by being within 40ft of them. (also child services can take your child away if you don't take due care for 2nd hand smoke... so even your private home, is still regulated, unless every resident is over 18yrs)

.. then yes GATEWAY drug.. you're already getting a "high" , and loving it.. well geez you should try something that'll give a really good high.. you'll love it... it's called crack, heroin, LSD.. etc.. etc.. etc, all illegal, all for good reason.

.. then public expense.. so you pay into a health plan, HMO, Bue cross, Universal health care (taxes) ,, whatever it is.. .so why should everyone else flip the bill, for your lung cancer, stroke,, or whatever when you're purposely doing it to your body?

no one person can make these decissions without consent, but they do everytime they smoke anything... now then with that being said:

if it's legal then by democratic election, if it's legal drug or substance then the decission has already been made by the public that it's OK.

if it's illegal then by the same, it's not OK, by all these reasons, and more.

---
can't access HWA unless I use a proxy... lol

pfft ..f**k that! (almost sounds like work)
Josh Jul 15, 2007, 01:20pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
In regards to second hand smoke: It has been found that marijuana does not affect the lungs like does tobacco, and there is no risk for lung cancer from using it. So, I'm not sure how it would be with other drugs, but I'm sure that there are others (possibly Salvia) that are the same way.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
AMD Phenom 9850 || DFI Lanparty 790FX-M2RS || 8GB OCZ Platinum || XFX 7900GS XT ||
Check eBay computerman_89
FordGT90Concept Jul 15, 2007, 01:24pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Jul 15, 2007, 01:26pm EDT

Big Beavis said:
If you want to make it a gateway drug, go ahead and declare it illegal.

I love that it's legal here in the US to monitor telephone and internet transmissions, hold citizens with no opportunity for due process, take them to other countries and torture them....but oooooh! You want to smoke dried plant matter to get a buzz?!? Now that's certainly something that should be illegal! It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic...

Just like most other forms of cannabis, it isn't necessarily illegal to grow it but it is (or will be) illegal to refine it into a drug with potentially fatal side effects unless you are licenced to do so.

Tobacco, crack cocaine, etc. all proven are killers. Saliva is a relatively new one of the cannabis family so it's refinement process isn't the best. As the refinement process matures, the pressure on making it illegal grows.

Sean Costello Jul 15, 2007, 01:26pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Tobacco is more dangerous due to chemicals added to it, however marijuana and Salvia could also have checmicals on it, you don't know that they don't, so saying that it couldnt cause lung cancer is not taking into account all the possibilities of someone adding something that shouldn't be on it (Pesticide, perhaps.).

______
Story of My Life- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c764JWVt5Fw
Bitmap Jul 15, 2007, 04:38pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I'll pass as well. Personally, I'm not one to put substance into my body that alters my perception of reality. I like to feel feelings, and experience life. I also like to be in control, which is why I don't drink. (That, and I'm not yet of age :P) I have nothing against those who want to do that, though. It's their bodies. :)

I'm already addicted to caffeine anyways. I probably shouldn't have more than one addiction at a time. ;)

________
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. YOU'RE locked up in here with ME." - Walter Kovacs, A.K.A. Rorschach.
Killypants_Mafia Jul 15, 2007, 06:03pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Sean Costello said:
Tobacco is more dangerous due to chemicals added to it, however marijuana and Salvia could also have checmicals on it, you don't know that they don't, so saying that it couldnt cause lung cancer is not taking into account all the possibilities of someone adding something that shouldn't be on it (Pesticide, perhaps.).

the odds of them having chemicals seems slim seeing as they're grown and distributed in much more natural ways than tobacco...normally (with minor exceptions of retail salvia) they bypass the whole idea of adding those foul chemicals...

however, you are much more likely to score a sack of bud scattered with LSD then a cigarette with amphetamines...:~

BlazeYDH Jul 15, 2007, 06:41pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hmm...I guess nows a good time to state that: Some of the Salvia Extracts aren't near as harmful to your lungs. Anyone that doesn't want to deal with chemicals I have found sites (Google it) that sell 100% Organic Salvia. Also, It seems pretty easy to grow it and extract it yourself.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~~^~^~^~
Blaze, putting the Hard Anal in Hardware Analysis.
BlazeYDH Jul 15, 2007, 06:43pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Killypants_Mafia said:
Sean Costello said: [quote]

however, you are much more likely to score a sack of bud scattered with LSD then a cigarette with amphetamines...:~

Ha, That's true...My home girl went to a KMK concert about 6 months ago or so and people were passing around joints (as usual), she took one smoked some of it then a little while later she started freaking out! She ended up leaving before KMK ever even came on stage because apparently the weed was laced with PCP! She has actually stopped smoking bud since then because she's still afraid from what happened.

BlazeYDH Jul 18, 2007, 07:35pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I got the Salvia today! It was shipped in a plain brown square box. (ive got pics that i'll upload as soon as i can get the d@mned camera software to install.) i opened it up and inside you see a pen(yep a writing pen) taped down to the box along witha folded piece of paper. on the top lid of the box you then realize that its a pizza box O_O no joke! it says "Pizza Oven Fresh 'Made from the finest ingredients'" So, the square box is the size (smaller even) of a one small slice pizza...a really small slice...probably smaller box than the ones Pizza Hut sells you those child size pizzas for. (you know its basically one decent sized slice cut into 4 tiny pieces)

Killypants_Mafia Jul 18, 2007, 07:45pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
BlazeYDH said:
I got the Salvia today! It was shipped in a plain brown square box. (ive got pics that i'll upload as soon as i can get the d@mned camera software to install.) i opened it up and inside you see a pen(yep a writing pen) taped down to the box along witha folded piece of paper. on the top lid of the box you then realize that its a pizza box O_O no joke! it says "Pizza Oven Fresh 'Made from the finest ingredients'" So, the square box is the size (smaller even) of a one small slice pizza...a really small slice...probably smaller box than the ones Pizza Hut sells you those child size pizzas for. (you know its basically one decent sized slice cut into 4 tiny pieces)

haha well that certainly is descriptive. hope you enjoy. pics would be nice! or vids of your trips...those always end up being relatively embaressing yet hilarious

BlazeYDH Jul 18, 2007, 07:48pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Jul 18, 2007, 07:50pm EDT

Okay heres the Pic Links! =] the software installed literally right after I sent the last post.

Box: http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/Gdog_909/DSCF0344.jpg

Side View: http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/Gdog_909/DSCF0345.jpg

First Opened: http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/Gdog_909/DSCF0346.jpg

Invoice and Salvia: http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/Gdog_909/DSCF0348.jpg

Edit: the box is less than a foot long on all 4 corners. I'd say it's about 6 - 7 inches.

BlazeYDH Jul 18, 2007, 09:15pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
So I smoked some today when I got it...I don't want to say anything about it until I smoke some more tonight. I will say this though: WOW! lol.

Heres the site I ordered it from: http://www.herbalfire.com/ look under Ethnobotanicals 3rd Page.

Yes when I ordered that little pop up window came up saying the site uses a 128 bit SSL encryption, but the w/e has expired on w/e date. I still ordered anyway.

What got me though is in the package it came with that pen and on it is a different sites name. "http://www.BouncingB.com" Bouncing Bear Botanicals. They sell Salvia too and for the same price...So I wonder if they're in the same shipping facility or something.

Carter Sudeith Jul 18, 2007, 11:38pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I haven't touched the stuff in over a year [thankfully]
The experience is just a touch too dissociated and scattered to be enjoyable for me

Mmmmmmmmm... *droooooool* I DID have fun though, I have to admit it :D oh man did i have fun

BlazeYDH Jul 19, 2007, 03:58am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Okay, WOW. That's just....its just a whole new level of..well...everything. youre like in a whole new world. 10x is sooooo much stronger than the 5x 2 bowls of 5x (between two people) gets you...'out there' then just one hit of 10x gets you where the two bowls of 5 took you.

It's definetly not something you want to do all the time (well youll want to) but its more of something to do everyonce in a good while.

We both had a huge spell of uncontrollable laughter. it reminded me of when i first started smoking 'grass' ;]

Everyone should try it for themselves, make sure your with someone when you do it the first couple times. DONT LOOK IN THE MIRROR! that tripped me out. it wasnt like when your shroomed out and you look in the mirror and see your face falling off or anything like that. i looked and it was extremely weird. youre high from the salvia but you look in the mirror and you see reality it kinda scares you after a minute because everything is normal on the outside but on the inside everything is definetly not!

john albrich Jul 19, 2007, 12:24pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Salvia From China ???
Sean Costello said:

Yeah....you're all having a good time until you get some Salvia extract made in China. (just snarking)

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.