Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 2064 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 11 - 09:49pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Site Comments /

Give Sander a break if you cant grow up... 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
Scumbag Blues Nov 18, 2007, 05:54pm EST Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Give Sander a break if you cant grow up...
SBD said:
Ok fine title changed all i was getting at was give him a break which most are not they just wana burn him at the stake lol.

Well since most retro games are not for sale the only options are to download the roms or go on eBay and pay alot of cash for it (if its a rare game) suchas paper mario a really fun game but i wont pay 60 for it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/N64-PAPER-MARIO-BOXED-WITH-MANUAL-PAPER-...dZViewItem

Non of the paper mario game designers will get any money from the above so why shouldn't i download it?

It's called the Nintendo Wii. You can download all retro games for fairly good prices from their service all the way up to the Nintendo 64 I believe.

~

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz | Gigabyte P67A-UD4 | G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 4GB | XFX Radeon HD 6950
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
G. G. Nov 18, 2007, 05:54pm EST Report Abuse
Chris McGee said:
I'd quite fancy an 8800GTX but i'm not willing to pay 350 for a graphics card. Guess I can just walk into PC World and take one then?

Hey.... that's sounds good to me.... I dont like the price of 8800GTX either and I dont wanna pay at that price.... wonder how i'm gonna just go into CompUSA and just walk out of the store with it and not pay for it. Or I can just tell them at the counter that I only wanna pay 250.00 for it.... yeahhhh that's the ticket ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
SBD Nov 18, 2007, 06:00pm EST Report Abuse
DsL.Dilbert said:

It's called the Nintendo Wii. You can download all retro games for fairly good prices from their service all the way up to the Nintendo 64 I believe.

There are 9 n64 games for download i wouldnt call that all would you?

E6750 C2D (3.2Ghz)
GIGABYTE P35 DQ6
Crucial Ballistix 2GB DDR2 PC2-6400C4
8800GTS 512mb (780/2200)
Chris McGee Nov 18, 2007, 06:09pm EST Report Abuse
SBD said:

http://www.chronicgames.net/

Lots more there, and cheap too. Guess this means you won't need to download them now that you've found somewhere to buy them, right?

Scumbag Blues Nov 18, 2007, 06:15pm EST Report Abuse
SBD said:
DsL.Dilbert said:

I said all retro which means older/classic games from SNES, NES, N64, etc. and not as in ever single game in existence from Nintendo before the Gamecube time period.

And if you can't find the title your looking for, buy it through a different source.

~

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz | Gigabyte P67A-UD4 | G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 4GB | XFX Radeon HD 6950
SBD Nov 18, 2007, 06:19pm EST Report Abuse
The Wii doesn't offer alot of retro games only has a few. The paper mario game was used as an example i am not saying i want the game now .... i dont have my TV or n64 with me at uni.

E6750 C2D (3.2Ghz)
GIGABYTE P35 DQ6
8800GTS 512mb (780/2200)
Scumbag Blues Nov 18, 2007, 06:21pm EST Report Abuse
SBD said:
The Wii doesn't offer alot of retro games only has a few. The paper mario game was used as an example i am not saying i want the game now .... i dont have my TV or n64 with me at uni.

I don't know, 100 titles seems to be a bit more than a "few" to me.

~

SBD Nov 18, 2007, 06:30pm EST Report Abuse
The Wii has 81 nintendo games from the nes snes and n64 i say thats a few if you consider the nes had over 1,000 games. This is besides the point of my post. I have look through Re: How EA games pushed me to pirate Crysis thread and most of it was just flaming him I just wanted you all to give him a break which seems to have worked as your attention is now on me lol!

E6750 C2D (3.2Ghz)
GIGABYTE P35 DQ6
8800GTS 512mb (780/2200)
Al-CID Nov 18, 2007, 06:54pm EST Report Abuse
SBD said:
The Wii has 81 nintendo games from the nes snes and n64 i say thats a few if you consider the nes had over 1,000 games. This is besides the point of my post. I have look through Re: How EA games pushed me to pirate Crysis thread and most of it was just flaming him I just wanted you all to give him a break which seems to have worked as your attention is now on me lol!

wow.....
you just protect someone who lied to his reader just to see reactions....
good job:)
i think i agree with you:)

Regards,

AL CID (read: EL-SID)
Not-A-Moderator - Hardware Analysis
Email - hyde9@rocketmail.com
SBD Nov 18, 2007, 07:07pm EST Report Abuse
Well everyone fcks up, he most likely didn't think it all through...

E6750 C2D (3.2Ghz)
GIGABYTE P35 DQ6
8800GTS 512mb (780/2200)
john albrich Nov 18, 2007, 08:49pm EST Report Abuse
G. G. said:
...Or I can just tell them at the counter that I only wanna pay 250.00 for it.... yeahhhh that's the ticket

Actually, you sometimes can do just that.

It depends on the store and the owner/manager, but sometimes they do have the authority to offer discounts if the customers ask for them. In addition, if an item is on sale or clearance, or a returned item, etc. you can also suggest a reduced price. Of course, for a "new release" product it is extremely unlikely you'll get one.

It doesn't always work, but it never hurts to ask for or suggest a lower price.

Hans Moleman Nov 18, 2007, 10:17pm EST Report Abuse

Edited: Nov 18, 2007, 10:19pm EST

SBD said:
Well everyone fcks up, he most likely didn't think it all through...

He thought it through fully. At no point did he admit that anything he said or did was wrong. He considered many of use dumb and ignorant because we didn't agree with the methods he used and his purpose in starting that thread. You say we were flaming him. Perhaps some were, but I was told that I was getting dumber by the minute. We were also accused of being ignorant teenagers that need to learn life's lessons before arguing with him (that post was later deleted when the thread was locked).

The reason people were angry at Sander wasn't simply the pirating issue, it was his dishonesty and lack of professionalism. He violated his own rules, he lied to the people here at HWA, and he promoted illegal activity. I never attacked him on the act of piracy itself because I felt enough people had done that already.

I would not flame or attack you. You have been completely honest and straightforward in this thread. Sure you've admitted to breaking the law and all, but I'm not going to argue with you over that because I know it won't make a difference. It was the lies and hypocrisy that made Sander a target for everyone. The fact that he insulted and flamed people in that thread didn't help him either.

AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+
ABit AN8 Ultra nForce4 Ultra Chipset
MSI 9800GT OC 512MB
CORSAIR ValueSelect 2GB (2 x 1 GB) DDR 400
Antec 500W PSU
varun rao Nov 18, 2007, 11:05pm EST Report Abuse
threads like these only stir thes**t. To the author, it is a minority who have taken exception to the content of the article in question..... so the majority need NOT essay their thoughts in multiple threads. Our thoughts are pretty appratent based on earlier replies in the threads that directly discussed the article.

Maturity has become a matter of opinion..... lets leave it at that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Outdated
CrAsHnBuRnXp Nov 19, 2007, 12:45am EST Report Abuse
varun rao said:
threads like these only stir thes**t.

Your right.

Thread closed.

This thread has been locked by forum moderators and no further posts are allowed.

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.