Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1457 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 11 - 11:50am EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Portable Hardware /

Compaq Presario v3000 doesn't start-help!!! 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4
Alex Tompkins Jun 10, 2009, 08:04pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Compaq Presario v3000 doesn't start-help!!!
First I want to post a little bit of a "BUYER BEWARE":

I purchased my Compaq Presario V3000 notebook PC from a local office supply store (their name rhymes with "Japles") back in August of 2006. In that time, I have had to send it in for repair for the following reasons:

1. Hard Drive Crash (The hard drive was replaced)

2. Hard Drive Crash (The hard drive was replaced HOWEVER they stated I had not included the propper recovery disks (even though I included the same ones as before) and the computer was shipped back to me WITHOUT an operating system. That is some excellent customer service?

3. (This is the same problem that has been discussed at great length in this thread.) My computer would not boot up at all beyond some quick play and volume lights. They replaced the LGB (Motherboard) and the CPU.

4. I had the same problem again. They replaced only the LGB this time.

5. I had the same problem again. They replaced only the LGB.

6. I had the same problem AGAIN. They replaced the LGB.

I was finally able to convince customer service to honor their warranty which I purchased for $300.00 which protected my computer and offered to replace it if the same failure/problem were to occur more than 3 times. After a great number of phone calls and letters, I was able to get them to replace my computer with a MacBook. I am hoping that this computer works out better for me then this one did.

Long story short: DONT BUY THIS COMPUTER (Especially if it is from "Japles")
If you already have, get the LGB PAV replaced and the problem should fix itself. I hope that this helped.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Rohit Venkat Jun 10, 2009, 11:31pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hey
I had written to this forum earlier this year, with my problems. But I have rectified all the problems and it is working like it should be right now. Except im running Ubuntu instead of XP. And more over my Computer feels much more faster on Ubuntu. If it is any help you could try to do what I did, I disconnected the battery and the power chord, and let it sit for a couple of hours. And just before connecting everything back up I kept the power button pressed for a minute or so( To remove any static electricity still in the system). Well that seems to have taken care of things and I have a completely working Computer

jason behr Jun 17, 2009, 12:59pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I've encountered the same problem last year in may. sent in to Hp and they changed the motherboard for me.

barely one year later, the motherboard went haywire again. i sent it in to the headquarters and they confirmed it's the motherboard, but they still charge me 700RM for the repair inclusive of labor costs.

just got me wondering how come the motherboard they replace barely lasted even for one year....

am currently pushing them to recall the unit back, or at the very least replace my motherboard for free.

Suspended User Jun 17, 2009, 07:10pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
because they use refurbished motherboards. If you open it you will see red glue around the chips.

Laptop Willie Jun 18, 2009, 10:14am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Jun 18, 2009, 10:14am EDT

Kieran Blenkarne said:
because they use refurbished motherboards. If you open it you will see red glue around the chips.

While you are correct the replacement baords are refurbished, you will find that most all replacement system boards are refurbished. This is to reduce manufacturing costs. There are very few system boards that are "new" for anything over two years old. This information is from working many years in a warranty laptop repair center.

Laptop Willie
check out laptopwillie.com
Suspended User Jun 19, 2009, 04:52am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Oh for sure, definitely not just an HP thing.

jim sparkman Jul 02, 2009, 09:57pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
does anyone have a compaq presario v3000 they would like to get rid of??? my daughter has one with a broken lcd screen...blums1965@yahoo.com
thanks

steve miller Aug 04, 2009, 06:05pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have the v6000 that just stopped working. The HP top level guy said I am 1 month out of the 12 extended warranty. I want to know why I was not informed of this problem so I could have gotten it fixed while it was in warranty?....or where I can get a new main board to replace it without sending HP $349?

Suspended User Aug 04, 2009, 06:18pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Aug 04, 2009, 06:18pm EDT

It may be covered, if it isnt, complain enough and they will fix it for you. Especially because it is only just out of warranty.

Good luck!

steve miller Aug 04, 2009, 06:26pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I just sent HP a letter through their corporate ethics committee.
What really erks me is I had a 12 month period extended to have this fixed but had know way of knowing about it. I just happened to find after googling the issue this week.
The laptop broke while still under warranty but like I stated....I did not know of it or would have used it. What is even more frustrating I turned around and bought another HP laptop before I found all this out. Hind sight I would have definitely bought from another company.

Shannon's Theorem Aug 05, 2009, 03:09am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Ya. It really is.

Now I have replaced the motherboard for 3 times! can you imagine that .

Shannon's Theorem Sep 27, 2009, 06:25am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Check out sidewiki entry on webpage of this compaq model -

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=3252132&...&cc=us

This is a great tool - to make people aware of the reality.

Bob Grantham Nov 03, 2009, 08:21am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
OK I am not a techie at all but I know what worked for me when my COMPAQ Presario V3000, purchased new in Singapore in early 2008, wouldn't start up today. All I got was the blue on/off and other top row lights (volume control, etc) and internal sounds from the fan and the hard drive (I assume). With the power off I held down the ctrl, windows flag and alt key and then with my right big toe I held down the power key... a little jiggling of all held keys (and saying abracadbra very fast, first forwards and then backwards)... and she booted up.
True story... except I first called my wife, who lives in a different country, who experienced the same problem on her laptop and still does, identical model but 1-2 years older. Over a period of months she had run through all the permutations of key strokes, fingers and toes, baking in the oven and cooling in the refrigerator with her good friend Mr. Terry Doe of Langkawi Island, Malaysia to crack the code.
I have noticed over the past few months that the little devil has been running pretty hot. Then this weekend I travelled third class or worse on a 12 hour overnight train ride to Beijing with my laptop in my suitcase. If my computer was any more uncomfortable than I was in my "hard sleeper" berth I am surprised it has been resucitated at all! No doubt the source of the problem is an internal connection that has worked loose through heat and physical stress. But how the keystroke combination acts like a debifrilator I will leave to the techies to figure out.

Cheers... China Bob

Cecil Naca Nov 25, 2009, 10:06am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have the same problem as yours. It only started this afternoon. Before that, maybe 4 hours ago, it was still functioning properly. I think I got this problem (Problem1) when I safely removed my flash disk while my laptop is shutting down.

After logging on, a white is screen and an error prompt is displayed. Pressing the window's key does nothing. I tried system restore and system repair but got nothing. My only consolation is that my computer can still run in Safe Mode.

I am now planning to reformat my computer but I do not have a recovery disk.

This put me in more problems. Could I still make a working recovery disk while having Problem1 and while in Safe Mode? AND could I reformat my computer using other OS installers (Windows XP, Windows 7, etc)? (see my laptop is Compaq V3000, too currently in Vista)

Please any help will be greatly appreciated. I badly need this PC to function normally since I am doing my thesis this semester.

Thank you very much.

Garth madden Jan 05, 2010, 02:38am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have been doing this for a few years I don't know if this is good or not but it works for me.
1- Take out the battery and unplug the power supply
2-Plug in the power cord (the blue lights on the top and one on the bottom, should come on)
3-Immediatly push and hold the power button until it turns off, release
4-immediatly push the power button to turn it back on again

Thats it
Hopes this helps works for me 90% of the time if it doesn't try again sometimes it takes two tries

Garth

Abu Hanifah Jan 11, 2010, 10:36pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
u got problem with your Nvidia graphic acelerator, the graphic acelerator infected by over heating the AMD processor..

elbert soguilon Jan 28, 2010, 07:43am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
try removing the memory one by one if its defective replace or try other memory.

shah shafie Mar 25, 2010, 05:09am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Re: Compaq Presario v33751AU doesn't start-help!!!
im using compaq note book model v3751au. After i install update from hp support driver WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS my software for flash update run normal. once everything complete my notebook suddenly hang.. screen display blank signal..
I restart my notebook..
but nothing display on screen and bios doesn't show anything.. i can do anything...
please help me?

billy gordon Aug 25, 2011, 04:43pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> compaq presario v3000 screen is cracked and picture wont come up onto a external monitor
my compaq presario v3000 was dropped and my screen cracked. up until recently i could still use it by transfering the picture onto an external monitor. now it wont transfer over. wat is my problem? how can i fix it?

Saptarshi Roy Jun 01, 2012, 08:08pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Read this blog which pertains to your issue http://hpindialies.blogspot.in/

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.