Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1181 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 17 - 03:06am EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / General Technology /

Compaq Presario V3000 no boot - help 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3
Nicolas Capra Oct 02, 2011, 10:47am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Compaq Presario V3000 no boot - help
Hi, I am having the exact same problem, if I push the power button, the fan spins extremely fast, the CD drive spins, then then the fan returns to normal speed, the CD drive stops spinning, and all of the lights stay on, including the power light on both the front and top, the HDD light, and when it is plugged in, the power light(lightning bolt). The only difference is that I have a Compaq Presario V5000. One day, it would simply not boot up, so I bought a different laptop, and continued to work on the Compaq in my free time, but to no avail.:(

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
ken san Oct 03, 2011, 10:24pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i wont buy such brand anymore .... not v3000 only ..but others model with this brand also.

Rene E Oct 04, 2011, 07:23pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Mervin Felix said:
Hey, I have the Compaq V3000 and have also been experiencing the same symptoms that is reported by HP. I still have to get it checked. But I happened to figure out a work around to make my laptop work.

Power off system (if it is on) -> Disconnect AC mains (battery can be kept intact) -> Press power button (at this point, LEDs glow with no display) -> Connect AC mains -> Reset system (press power button for 3~5 seconds) -> Press power button again -> System boots successfuly.

This procedure has been working for me always (100%)!!!

Do let know if this works for everybody. But don't fail to get it repaired by HP! There's the second symptom of wireless networks not being detected that there is no work around for as yet.

It does work!

One thing you have to know about manufacturers they write a code so their systems shuts after the warranty has expired, usually laptops. To ensure business. Its a command to shut certain components after awhile that you are only able to start them up by ressetting it! Or taking them to them.

Saptarshi Roy Jun 01, 2012, 08:45pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Read this blog which pertains to your issue http://hpindialies.blogspot.in/

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.