Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1284 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 12 - 04:33pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008 /

XP x64 -> Server 2003 x64 Application issues 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
FordGT90Concept Jun 17, 2008, 12:55am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List

Edited: Jun 17, 2008, 01:21am EDT

>> Re: XP x64 -> Server 2003 x64 Application issues
Gerritt said:
Having said that, if you DID PW protect your screen saver, this may be the area of contention, but if you did the same under XP, then I don't know why it would have worked there and not on the server console with the same settings..

[The screen saver] was password protected at 10 minutes by default. I am pretty sure I tried to uncheck the password protect box and dropped the screensaver time down to 3 minutes and it did not accept it (probably forgot to hit apply). Regardless, setting screen saver to (None) appears to prevent suspending my application which is of the utmost importance.

There probably are better ways to deal with this in terms of security but the need to get this resolved now far out weighs any security concerns.

FordGT90Concept Jun 18, 2008, 04:17am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List

Edited: Jun 18, 2008, 01:37pm EDT

>> Re: XP x64 -> Server 2003 x64 Application issues
Wow, I tried using my application today thinking I overcame the major issue. It is basically FUBAR. When I tell it I completed an event, it just outright deletes it. When I tell it to delay an event when the alarm is still running, it completely ignores the fact that it is supposed to stop.

I really don't have a clue what is going on at this point. Unfortunately, I think I will have to install Visual Studio 8 on that administrator account and debug it directly on the machine in order to get it sorted.

If you got any ideas, I'm all ears. I am finding this quite bizarre at this point considering how much XP x64 and Server 2003 x64 have in common.

For sure, I am going to upgrade everything from .NET 2.0 to .NET 3.5 as there really is no reason not to.

Edit: At this point, I think it may have something to do with Server 2003 security credentials. I tried Run As... Administrator. I hope that will fix it but I some how doubt it...

Edit: Edit: I did find a major bug that may have fixed most of the issues...

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.