Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1043 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 11 - 08:20am EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Motherboards /

How do I reset BIOS password on Toshiba Satellite a215-s7428? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
rich chrono Oct 08, 2014, 04:53pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: How do I reset BIOS password on Toshiba Satellite a215-s7428?
That's because there is no J4 on the 7428.
Toshiba has come up with an innovative way to make money… design a product with a problem the customer cannot fix and then charge them $250 to fix it!! I am referring, of course, to the Satellite A215 laptop and all of its Satellite cousins. With the intention of providing better security, Toshiba made it impossible to clear the BIOS and reset it to factory default specs externally. The reason is that if you have this ability you can effectively clear the computer’s first line of defense, the BIOS password. The problem, however, is that years after the unit has gone out of warranty, the system creates its own BIOS password. Literally, you turn off the system one night and when you turn it on in the morning it demands a password. SURPRISE!! And, if you need to use your computer or access any of the information on it, the ONLY option Toshiba gives you is to send the unit to them and pay $250 for them to repair it. This is nothing short of extortion. Your computer and all of your data is held hostage unless/until you pay them to repair them problem THEY created!! This is a design flaw, and THEY ARE AWARE OF IT AND ACKNOWLEDGE IT!! And they still demand you pay to fix it!!!
BOTTOM LINE: If you buy a product with the expectation that the manufacturer takes responsibility for the products it makes, NEVER BUY A TOSHIBA LAPTOP.

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.