Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1132 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 12 - 01:22am EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Problem Products /

ASUS Laptop won't turn on!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME~!!!!!! 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, Next >>
Mark Gosselin Oct 06, 2014, 06:29pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: ASUS Laptop won't turn on!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME~!!!!!!
First of all, this system doesn't have a battery that you can just "remove" if you are not an advanced user or technician. Second, this laptop also does NOT have removable ram modules. If you are going to give advice, make sure you research the device you are giving advice on. These boards have defects, and I'm not aware of a recall, but it would be worth looking into.

IT - MCSE, A+, MCSA, CCNA, CEH(Certified Ethical Hacker)
Bachelor of Science - Computer Technology
Computer and Electronics Technician

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
saripalli suryanarayana Nov 02, 2014, 09:14am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> ASUS Laptop won't turn on!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME~!!!!!!
My new lap top new one not turning on,does this product sold by AMAZON,is this standard,shows only indonesian laungage.Bad work,performence in first 15 days.

Crazy Coaster Nov 02, 2014, 05:41pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Yes, research.
Hmmm.
Someone with all those letters in their signature should realize that this particular methodology isn't platform dependent.
As a result, it has various iterations.
For example, a big screen TV.
Unplug it, hold the power button, release power button, and plug back in.
Sometimes "research" has a way of locking one's mind up. When what you really need to do is think differently.
Firstly, being a little more constructive would go a long way.

Sarthak Kaushal Nov 17, 2014, 06:29am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi, My X401A laptop has a black screen/display not coming up. I see it is getting powered on but nothing comes on screen.How did you fix this on this forum? Please help

Amar powar Dec 04, 2014, 09:57pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have similar issue .my asus q500a does not start. It start only after complete battery drain .
I removed battery, unplug ,press power button for 1 min but isuur does not resove. Everytimr I have to wait till complete drain of battery. It is very frustrating experience . no forum tells us permanent solution to resolve the issu.
Please help

Sierra Gamer Dec 31, 2014, 10:32pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thank you Crazy Coaster!!! I did this and it worked like a charm! One time, quick and easy. Again, thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!

william whitmore Jan 14, 2015, 04:47am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Jan 14, 2015, 07:56am EST

>> Re: ASUS Laptop with Black Screen
I have a ASUS X401a which had the "BLACK SCREEN" with the curser visible, I used the method posted by Crazy Coaster to cure the laptop and it worked.

1, Remove the power cord.
2, Remove the battery.
3, Hold the power button down for 30 seconds.
4, Replace the battery.
5, Press the power button.

Lee Faddis Jan 17, 2015, 10:36pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have a similar problem with my ASUS V551LB not powering on. Returned to ASUS 3 times and probably going for a 4th time. 1st time they said it was bad memory module. When I got it back it started to come on and then just died out. 2nd return I received it back and it worked about 5 hours and I shut it down. Next day I booted up in the morning for about 1 1/2 hours.. I shut it down. That evening I tried to boot and nothing. No lights, no sounds, nothing. Sent back to ASUS and after 2 weeks they said they were going to offer me a refurbished unit but were waiting on approval. Finally received an email with the offer ( or I was told I could wait for the "parts" to come in ). Well, this had already gone over 2 months from start to the swap offer. Received the replacement unit 2 days ago. Started up fine, loaded up software, upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro. Spent 6-7 hours on it. Shut it down. Started it up this morning and received a phone call so I tilted the top about 1/2 closed. After the phone call I opened the cover back up fully and found myself without any power again. Odd that it seems to be the same problem on a replacement unit. I have an external monitor plugged into it and a wireless (USB ) mouse and keyboard. All the same as the old Dell I've been having to use the last 2 months with no problems - just really slow. Tried 2 factory power supplies on all the failed laptops. Power always plugged into surge protectors.
Battery isn't real accessible and I don't want to void the warranty so haven't been able to try the battery disconnect option. ( Actually warranty ran out on 01/03/15, but I noticed the replacement unit had a 90 day limited warranty sticker on it )
Any ideas what might be causing my problem? ( a little suspicious of the hibernation status since at least 2 of the times it failed was with the top about 1/2 closed ) Is it possible a software issue?

George mandel Jan 23, 2015, 09:31am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I tried CC trick, removed battery, etc...

When I push the start button, it seems fine for few seconds..the treo green lights on the right.light up, the middle green button lights...it starts to run, then the turn off, and nothing happens.

Help!!!

sk kk Feb 02, 2015, 01:24pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Feb 02, 2015, 01:26pm EST

Hi, i have an asus laptop model k55v. It's not starting and i tried the few tricks and things suggested in other posts, but none worked. Firstly, i assumed it to be battery discharge problem, so i connected the charger, but nothing shows, not the green light nor the brick light. So i tried the Crazy Master's trick, but no help. I tried removing ram, harddisk etc...and again reassembled, tried to start, but it won't start.
I also tried removing the battery, and then connecting the charger but no light is shown...
System is still dead...

There was this thing i noticed that had been happening for quite a few days, There was this thing i noticed that had been happening for quite a few days, that when i closed my system by hibernate option, and tried to start it again another day, i couldn't start it. But then when i would connect my charger and try to start it starts, and after login the battery level shows to be zero, but i never closed it on that percentage, it was always near 40-70 percent.

But when i used to do the proper shutdown, and again when i would restart my system after a few hours/or a day, it started perfectly fine.. i don't know if there is something related to this..

Plz help...

roge black Mar 31, 2015, 05:39am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thanks a lot it worked perfectly you saved me

Daniel Cardone May 25, 2015, 12:46pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Tried all suggestions without success. QUESTION; will bad battery prevent unit from powering up, even with power supply plugged in?

Ada Johnson Jul 16, 2015, 01:00am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Please help me! Before my ASUS model X401A shut down, it would always make whirling loud noises. I would always have to charge it laying on its side or else the battery wouldn't charge the computer. I took it out and it shut down on me. I plugged it back on and tried to turn it back on. Nothing. I tried Crazy Coaster's CP trick and it didn't work either.
I know it's a problem with the battery and maybe the air vent. How do I fix this? Or really need help.

tomi mala Oct 06, 2015, 08:43am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
My new Asus laptop core i5 refused to turn ON. was working on a report and microsoft 2013 refused to respond. It gave me the option of END PROCESS which I did. The laptop went blank and I turned it OFF. It failed to come ON since then I have been trying for about an hour now. It's still not responding. The lamp indicator is just on but the system is not coming ON. Please I need help. I am working on a report that needs to be submitted Asap. Thanks

John Light Oct 17, 2015, 11:16am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
This worked ONCE for me! I was able to boot up and it installed updates and rebooted but once I shut down and tried to reboot it would not do anything again! Any ideas?

Is it the battery that is causing the problem? If I remove the battery and use it only plugged in will it work or do I need to replace the battery?

I think I will just try and remove the battery when I have time to do this. I use it only plugged in any way but not sure if that will make an incomplete circuit and not work.

Thanks for any help,

jOHN

Jacob Houghton Apr 24, 2016, 02:17pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Ya my laptop has one flashing light the light that is the light that comes on when it is charging.

Stephen Tan Sep 09, 2016, 01:39pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi all,

I read your previous replies and solution, and tried it on my computer. But it doesn't work.

I am using an Asus UX32L and hibernated my computer last night. This morning my computer refused to turn on, with or without the charging cable. When the charging cable is attached, I can see the charging light lit, but still no response when I try to boot up.

My computer does not have a battery I can remove.

Any advise would be REALLY welcome!

Best regards,
Stephen Tan

Ricardo Dourado Mar 26, 2017, 01:25pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi,
I have an Asus X59GL-AP176C. The problem with my laptop is identical to what I mentioned here, it does not boot! When I turn it on, it only makes a small noise but does not start. The screen is still black, the fan turns on after a few minutes and only turns on the indicator light that has a lamp.
I have already tried the various solutions presented but the problem remains. Can you give me a hand?

Greetings,
Ricardo Dourado

Amar powar Mar 28, 2017, 04:26am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Replace Motherboard

Amar powar Mar 28, 2017, 04:26am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Replace Motherboard

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.