Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1332 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 12 - 06:33pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Problem Products /

ASUS Laptop won't turn on!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME~!!!!!! 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, Next >>
john albrich Jan 03, 2011, 11:34am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List

Edited: Jan 03, 2011, 11:58am EST

>> Re: ASUS Laptop won't turn on!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME~!!!!!!

I removed this post as new information was provided which obsoletes the debug information.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
john albrich Jan 03, 2011, 11:49am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Jan 03, 2011, 12:08pm EST

I now see the post you made while I was composing my above post.

I think you're on to something there with the hibernation. The regular time interval is revealing. Some systems can even be set to "wake up" at a user-selected time each day.

Windows/PC power management has always been a pain in the ass as some manufacturers tend to take liberties with the interfaces and in my opinion it's never been a very robust part of the OS.

But, I would think the "reset" should have addressed that and allowed you to boot normally from CD/DVD or reboot from the hard drive...so that's problematical. It depends on exactly what the "reset" does. It may be some sort of "soft reset" instead of a "return to absolute base state" reset. It may not even clear CMOS for example.

IF you get the chance to get access to the system again, the first thing I'd do is disable ALL power management settings. Disable all drive time-outs, display time-outs, screensavers, etc. Change the power-off switch handling option (if needed) from hibernate/suspend to a power-off. There are also ways to uninstall the hiberfil handling subsystem, but you shouldn't have to go there yet. However, here's some info on that:
http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Hiberfil.sys-From-Your-Computer
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/15140/what-is-hiberfil.sys-and-...delete-it/

You may also have to get to the point where you can begin to boot and enter the BIOS Settings panel and change some power handling options back to their defaults. Again, I would have thought the "reset" action they had you perform would have taken care of that...but looks like it didn't.

edit to add:
Note that if the "reset" procedure they had you perform in fact does NOT clear CMOS, the user or service manual for your X56t should provide instructions on how to do that. Be sure to follow all power and ESD procedures. Although some notebook computer manufacturers are making that easier to do, in some cases it means removing power and primary battery, opening the entire case (instead of a small panel), removing a "coin-cell" battery and/or shorting some internal pins or circuit "pads", reinserting the "coin-cell" battery, reassembling the system, supplying power, rebooting, then immediately going into BIOS Settings menu and reconfiguring your system settings as needed.

Fernando Simões Jan 04, 2011, 11:21am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Dear John,
Thanks for all your effort.
Although u sent the links to deactivate Hibbernation mode, today, when my PC wake up (like i told u before, there was this interval of more or less 24h), i change the power managment settings in it, and used a software to quit and deactivate the hibbernation.
I reset the PC, and now (at least until now) it's working 5/5, and i hope it keeps this way.
Hope to don't bother u again.
Once more i'd like to thank you for all your help in this.

Tarisayi Matongo Jan 05, 2011, 02:32am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
plz help me,

my asus x80Lseries notebook won't boot up. The power lights show , even the fan comes on eventually but then nothing. No logo, no sound, nothing. Tried an external monitor nothing. The only way to switch it of is by holding rhe power button

asususer me Jan 23, 2011, 03:41am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Jan 23, 2011, 03:42am EST

@ crazy coaster :thaks a lot .. it worked for me as well ..

ron haney Jan 29, 2011, 01:02pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
my asus stopped charging all of a sudden and when the battary died it would not charge again... no lights come on with or without the battary in it.. i took my laptap apart took the hard drive out along with the memory and everything else attached to the MOBO to prevent anything from getting shocked or damage. after this i unplugged the DC Charge cable from the MOBO and plugged the charger in then plugged cable back into MOBO to see if there was any power flowing ind it sparked letting me know that it works.... This told me that i dont have to change my cable.. I then put everything back together as it was and made sure my power button was properly aligned... still the same problem though... no lights and no charge. MY FAN HAS ALSO QUIT WORKING... It has been not working for atleast three weeks prior to this...im assumming that there was a power surge and MOBO must have fried seeinghow if there were power that is "being held up" somewhere then it would have released when everything was taken out... Not sure though.... ANY COMMENTS?

john milton Mar 20, 2011, 06:53am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
We love you Crazy Coaster!!! Your tip absolutely worked!!! Now, we can enjoy our Sunday!!!

Pamela Roberts Apr 29, 2011, 04:47pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Your little trick worked for me! Thanks! I was about to throw the thing out in frustration!

Mark Atwood Jr Jun 03, 2011, 11:47am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I'm having the same exact problem as Tarisayi Matongo and I tried what Crazy Coaster suggested and it didn't work, someone please help because I DEFINATELY can't afford to buy a new Asus G73 laptop

Jacob Barr Jun 19, 2011, 02:17pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have an Asus r1f tablet (pc core 2 duo t5500) and I had to hold the power button for about a minute for it to turn off. Now, it will not turn on with or without the battery. Can anyone help?

Jacob Barr Jun 19, 2011, 02:20pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have an Asus R1F tablet (pc core 2 duo t5500) and I had to hold the power button for about a minute for it to turn off. Now, it will not turn on with or without the battery. Can anyone help?

Herman Munster Jun 29, 2011, 11:13am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thanks, Crazy Coaster, worked like a charm. You saved me a lot of time and aggravation.

mike maski Aug 06, 2011, 12:42am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Aug 06, 2011, 12:45am EDT

Crazy Coaster, you are a genius! I didn't belieive this would work, but I thought, hey, what the heck, I'll give it a shot. And yes, it worked! Do like he says, remove the power cord, remove the battery, hold down the power button for at least 15 seconds. Then put the battery back on, plug it back in, and power the laptop up.

You are awesome!

Crazy Coaster said:
This is a pretty simple trick that sometimes works with laptops.
I had one that was given to me as the owner had bought a new one because the old one wouldn't power up.
Remove the power supply, and then take out the battery.
Hold down the power button for 15 to 30 seconds...then put the battery back in and plug the power supply in.
Now press the power button again, and that's it.
This worked on the laptop I was given, and a tech explained that there is sometimes some sort of residual charge built up somewhere that occasionally can prevent power up.
I not an engineer and don't know if this is the truth or not, but when I did it, it worked.

Just a thought on what worked for me. Don't hate.

Robin Hull Aug 18, 2011, 06:05pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I know it's been a long time since 'Crazy Coaster' gave an answer, but I just have to say Thank You! The advice seems to have helped me! OOXX

dann daw Sep 22, 2011, 04:11pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Sep 22, 2011, 04:11pm EDT

I need help...
I was turn on laptop ASUS and everything was ok until I put USB,then he turn off...
after 5 sec. I turn him on, but he don't shows me signs of life (no lights,no sounds...)

BTW. I was connected whit power supply, without battery...

PLS HELP PEOPLE :/

Julia von Arb Sep 24, 2011, 09:23pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Crazy coaster, Thank you!!! I too created this acct just to say thx. I'd thought of removing the battery but wouldn't have followed the right steps without your post. I'm so relieved!!! Thx again and may karma shine on you!

Julie Best Oct 01, 2011, 11:27am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I too signed up too thank you , i worked perfect for my laptop , I was just about too give up when i come across your post , once again a HUGE THANKS :)

Jenny Merriman Oct 28, 2011, 05:35pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thankyou so much for this advice, it worked perfectly....very relieved!

M S Nov 05, 2011, 11:08am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I signed up only to thank CC for his advice!

Thanks, saved me from buying a new laptop.

:)

Josh Crossley Nov 05, 2011, 09:49pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
My problem is quite similar.. I go to turn mine on and the light goes on for 5 seconds then everything goes off.
When I try what Crazy Coaster said all that happens is the fan goes on as well and the computer does not stop. It sits there forever without change.

Any idea?

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.