Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1252 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 15 - 08:14pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Problem Products /

ASUS Laptop won't turn on!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME~!!!!!! 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, Next >>
john albrich Feb 03, 2012, 07:12pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List

Edited: Feb 03, 2012, 07:13pm EST

>> Re: ASUS Laptop won't turn on!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME~!!!!!!
Stephanie Rennolds said:
...They told me to do as Crazy Coaster suggested, so I did. This had my laptop working and I was so excited!...Only to have it stop working again 2 days later. Now, that little trick won't work...I'm not getting any lights when I plug it in, press buttons, or anything. Please, help, I need this laptop for work and I am freaking out!

Stephanie,

A RAM problem can cause completely unpredictable symptoms when booting a computer, including no lights or any kind of response. And checking to see if it is the culprit is relatively easy and fast. It may or may not fix the problem.

You might try CAREFULLY re-seating the RAM module(s). Never "force" anything when it comes to computers. Follow the module install/uninstall instructions in your computer's user manual. If re-seating the module(s) doesn't work and there is more than one RAM module, try using each RAM module one at a time, with the single RAM module installed in the primary RAM slot (see your computer manual to determine which slot that is). IF it works with one module but not the other, then the module that doesn't work is possibly "bad". IF both modules work one at a time, but not when both modules are installed, then it gets more complicated. But for now, you might just see where this gets you.

CAUTION!
Remove the battery and unplug the computer from the wall any time you are working on the computer. This isn't just for your safety, it is to protect the electronics from damage as well. In addition, make sure you follow good ESD (Electro-Static Discharge) handling protocols or you can all too easily damage your computer. For more info on ESD handling and protocols, see my post at:
http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/55442/#383547
That post also points to another source with more ESD information that helps put things into perspective re ESD. It's hard for some people to understand just how important it is to follow good ESD handling protocols around modern electronics.
http://www.reade.com/Safety/esd.html

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Norbel Marolla Feb 03, 2012, 08:53pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thank you for the great info.

amos bosele Feb 20, 2012, 04:13am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Re: Samsung Laptop won't start ( it light only power light on for few seconds)
My samsung Laptop does not start ( it light only power light on for few seconds) the other lights does not power on. i have been try to start it without battery but the same thing occurs can you help me to rectify the problem please!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan Wijnen Apr 15, 2012, 04:23pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Yet another problem. My Asus K70AB does start anymore after replacing the battery.

Replace the A32-F52 (10.8V) by A32-F82 (11.1V), both supported.
Now green power led lights up, dvd starts but nothiong on screen or on fans.
I suspect the motherboard/cpu is not starting anymore.

Tried the fix of removing battery, pressing power button for long time. No effect.
I have removed the internal battery on the motherboard, no effect.
Reseated memory boards, no effect.

Any ideas?

Regards

Jan

Carlos Moreira May 24, 2012, 09:29am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi all,
my problem his also a power problem like others already mention; push power button then leds are on for 5 seconds and then shut down, I already try what have been suggested above: reset bios with battery off and power cord of but when I put again battery and cord nothing happen just the same leds for 5 seconds and shut down again, I must specify that when I plugg power supply cord the red led works and that I can ear both HD and optic drives working but the fan dont spin at all and already tested processor and fan on anothe laptop and they are fine I also try another Ram but nothing.
What I am realy wondering is: what the meaning of both green leds with 'lockers' next to the power button marked with a '1' and a 'A' (on the right of the wireless led) and if it is nomal that they are lighted up, laptop is an ASUS P501 series.

I apreciate any help and keep up the good work
Cheers, Carlos AKA Camarimore :)

Carlos Moreira May 25, 2012, 07:21am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: May 25, 2012, 09:52am EDT

sajid 005 said:
The battery will 'recover' enough to give a momentary startup/lights flashing if the mobo is OK,
Most 'will not turn on' problems are not enough power available.
The most common culprit is the power jack connection. It can be broken or torn off the MOBO, in which case working on AC will not work, and the battery cannot charge.

http://cabinethardwarecity.com/

Thanks for the info sajid, but that doesn't seems to be the problem here as when I have the AC adaptor on, the led lights up indicating that it is ok and the battery does charge.
Just to update the symptoms I described on my previous post; When I try Crazy Coaster
suggestion the 1st time I press power button the "locker leds" I mention dont light up and after 5 secs it shut down again but if I try a second time then they light up with the others and also sut down after 5 seconds and no sign of life from the fan that I am sure it is working because I have tested all hardware; fan, CPU, HDD, Memory, Optical drive on another laptop:
I am just afraid that the BIOS can be fried and the 'post' just dont happen and need to have some expert opinion on it.

Cheers, Carlos AKA Camarimore.

Is it me or sajid 005 post was removed ??

Robert Armagno Jun 02, 2012, 07:28pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thanks pal. This really works. My computer would not turn on. I unplugged it and took out the battery for a short time. After I put the battery back in it booted up in normal windows mode. Now it will boot up normally. Thanks.

xelaz not Jul 19, 2012, 05:43am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Crazy Coaste i tried your trick but it wont work do you have any other tricks? please tell me :( im getting annoyed...

jamaine smith Aug 10, 2012, 01:18pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I would like to know if my charger is not strong enough to start my laptop.I have a asus g60j +19v 6.3a 120w my pc is completely dead,Im using a targus19.5 90w max out put charger.

Michael Fitsher Aug 11, 2012, 08:42am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have recently just figured out this problem I had as well. I had powered down my laptop one night and the next morning...no power to charge, no lights, nothing except power to my charger. I googled for any answer, but nothing solved it. I tried the remove battery and hit power button for 30 seconds-1minute. Just about every thing mentioned. I was almost about to recycle the unit until I decided to check the RAM. I had nothing to lose. Pulled one unit out and voila it started right up. Replaced the RAM and now am running as good as I can be on my old trusty friend. Not a battery problem, not a charger issue, no drivers...just bad RAM. Try this before you give up.

Little Miss Aug 15, 2012, 09:24am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I also created this account just to say thanks to Crazy Coaster!!!
I could not believe that such a simple procedure could solve my problem. But it did! My Asus also, out of the blue, would not turn on, would not turn a single light on. I knew the power supply and tha battery were working because I tested them in another computer.
Many thanks again!!!

asus laptop Sep 05, 2012, 01:24pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I signed up here just to say THANK YOU Crazy Coaster!

I had to search with my phone on a solution because my asus g74sx did not start.

Ive read everything from using magnets to dislodge the laptop open/close buttons to remove hard drives.

The solution was simply taking out battery and doing what you said.

Thank you for taking the time to share your input. What might be more amazing however is you posted a disclaimer to "dont hate" as if you knew someone was going to come along and minimize what you had to say. Sure enough the next post someone did just that to you. Thankfully you were not discouraged enough by trolling to still share because if not I also would have had to pay for a fix.

I appreciate it!!!! I hope you continue to share your thoughts and never be discouraged by others. Thanks so much!

Michael Fitsher Sep 05, 2012, 07:58pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
The RAM solution worked for about two weeks and then the problem began to reoccur.(windows freezing and not responding, then not starting up following shutdown) I decided to just take the whole thing apart and see if there was anything obvious. Well no such luck in that department, but I did change the CMOS battery and the laptop has been working well for the last three weeks. Will update if this changes.

Adam Spandel Sep 09, 2012, 10:35pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi guys, I have similar problem with my Asus k52d
I tried everything mentioned before in this topic including crazy coaster and didn't work...

The problem I have is when I put battery in laptop and try to switch on, only 3 green lights ( LEDs ) come on, and after a second gone, screen stays off, no spins inside.
When I put charger in ( there is red light on the charger ) it lights up the red led on laptop that means is charging , but still can't switch laptop on.

And when I take battery out of laptop there is no red led on, when charger is plugged in,

I really have no idea what it can be... Any suggestions?
Many thanks

Angela Wegner Sep 18, 2012, 06:32pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thank you, thank you, thank you. This worked for me,too. I am ever so grateful for the help.

Mohamed IT Sep 19, 2012, 09:37am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Sep 19, 2012, 09:41am EDT

>> TOSHIBA LAPTOP
Please Help?...I can't switch on my laptop until i have to remove and reinsert my battery then push on my power button. this is happen when ever i have turned off My computer properly through the start menu.....

Fiona Walls Oct 21, 2012, 09:27pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Dear Crazy Coaster, Thanks SOOOOOOO much for your advice. I was really depressed when my Asus refused to power up, and was thinking I would probably have to go to a technician and pay megabucks to get it fixed. I decided to look on the internet for suggestions before I resorted to that, and when I came across your simple trick, thought "Surely this won't work, buit no harm in trying" I followed your formula exactly, and hey presto! Magic!!!! My machine powered up again in a few seconds, just as you described. I am deeply grateful that you took the time to pass on your tip to others. My belief in the goodness of humanity is bolstered bigtime. Bless you.

Aussie Batteries com Oct 22, 2012, 09:05am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
when you pulled the battery was the power still plugged in? if not, unplug it and take the battery out and let it sit for a minute or so and hit the power button a time or 2, then hook it back up. That will probably get it going again.

If you did have it unplugged, this is a more interesting problem. If it is under warranty i might suggest contacting asus.

Battery for Asus laptop >>
http://www.aussie-batteries.com/laptop-battery-store.php/asus_...ttery.html

Garry Smith Nov 09, 2012, 02:05pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Nov 09, 2012, 02:05pm EST

Thanks to this forum I FIXED IT. I had the same dead laptop for no apparent reason. Tries the battery removal and power switch thing with out success.
Took the larger cover off the bottom. Removed the 2 RAM modules and tried a start with no luck. Put one back in and SUCCESS!!! Put the other in and it worked fine. Looks like it was a memory module unseated.

Brad Normandy Dec 15, 2012, 10:30am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
You are the man (or woman)! I thought my laptop was dead and followed your advice and everything booted up fine. Good charger, semi ok battery, but would not start or any light any LEDs.

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.