Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 549 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 16 - 11:08pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Problem Products /

ASUS Laptop won't turn on!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME~!!!!!! 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, Next >>
Mike Kowdrysh Dec 20, 2012, 08:47pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: ASUS Laptop won't turn on!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME~!!!!!!
Thanks, it worked like a charm, but any idea why it just shut off? I plugged in my head phones and it just shut off.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Margaret Kappel Dec 29, 2012, 08:52pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
THANK YOU so much!

I thought my MOB was dead.

I have been using my laptop in bed and noticed it was getting quite hot.

I used your tip and I am back up and running.

I can't thank you enough for sharing your advise.

Shannon Hicks Feb 13, 2013, 12:36pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Crazy coaster, thank you a million times over for posting those steps to get the Asus up and running!!! You are a lifesaver ;)

Celso Munoz Apr 03, 2013, 04:43pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> ASUS Laptop won't turn on...! PLEASE HELP ME~!!!!!!
I have a ASUS K6 when I connect the Power Adapter does not reflect anything on my computer and won't Turn ON.
I think the problem is that the computer did not receive power from the adapter but the Adapter is NEW and ORIGINAL but work with other Laptop.

But if I change a battery from my other computer ASUS K5. I can turn on the computer and work.

SOMEBODY HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM.

Thanks You

P.D. I Change a NEW JACK Power for this laptop and i have the same problem...

Nazrul Anik Jun 03, 2013, 12:33am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Please anyone help me.
I have an ASUS A43E-2310M model note book.
When I press the on button it shows that 'TFGHT' is compressed, press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.
But when I press it, the same message come again and again. I do not know how can I fix the problem.
Please anyone help me.

Nazrul

philip armstrong Jun 10, 2013, 03:58pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Crazy Coaster,

May I echo the surrounding sentiments and applaud you wholeheartedly for your splendid solution. I admit I was incredulous, but by jingo it worked, and I thank you from the bottom of my wallet. My cap is eternally dothed,

Phil

Jakub Vlasak Aug 07, 2013, 04:06am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Re: ASUS Laptop won't turn on
Hi,

my ASUS UL30a wont turn on. I used wrong adapter (20V instead of 19V) and after that I smelled a very weak smell... (I used that wrong adapter many times before and nothing happened). When i press the power button, the ntb turns on for about a second or two than I hear a loud clic sound which turns it of. charging the battery works fine, it is now fully charged, but the same problem persist with battery or without, with adapter or without, every time the same. I tried charging out (30sec pressing of power button without battery and adapter) - no success.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

J

Success Larry Aug 14, 2013, 05:42am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
It worked for me...that means it is working.Thanks so much for the share.

Cm rN Aug 25, 2013, 06:04pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thanks Crazy Coaster.

I thought it sounded pretty crazy, but with those who followed up with similar success, I tried it and it worked (on a Windows 8 Asus with touch screen).

"Hold down the power button for 15 to 30 seconds...then put the battery back in and plug the power supply in. Now press the power button again, and that's it."

Thanks again!

Carine Williams Sep 08, 2013, 09:18am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thank you so much!!! That saved me from buying a new laptop and trying to figure out what to do with the new hybrid drive I installed a month ago!:):)

Maysen Sep 19, 2013, 03:56pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
My ASUS X401A won't turn on. I tried CC's tip, but nothing happened. I didn't turn it off, I jut closed it and when I went to use it again, it wouldn't respond. The light on the charger appears to be working, and the light on the laptop that says it's charging/charged is on.

The laptop suffered water damage several months back, and I thought it was dead for good, but I tried turning it on about a week ago and it worked just fine after that.

Could it be a faulty power button? My top row of keys doesn't like to work and sometimes the mouse goes bonkers, but that's it.

Anyway, I know nothing about computers, so I tried to include ALL the information. Sorry if it's not relevant.

Can anyone help? This laptop is p**sing me off, and I can't afford to go get if fixed or to replace it.

Darren Reed Oct 07, 2013, 10:30am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Crazy coaster, thanks! All the other advice did not work and I was worried my mother board was shot. Was just about to pack up and head to those a$$holes at best buy (I was so tired of them when I bought this that I didn't buy the protection plan, so i was worried)... As a last ditch effotprt I tried your suggestion, worked perfect.

Thanks!

dane delatte Jan 03, 2014, 03:27am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
i tried crazy c's thing with taking the battery out and pressing the power button. none of this worked. none of the lights come on and nothing works. i have a asus q200e mini. is it that this may not work on this particular computer. or has anyone else with this particular computer have any other tricks to try?

Valerie Nolan Apr 02, 2014, 07:31pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
This worked for me too! I actually registered on this forum just because I'm so happy I wanted to reply. Thank you for the advice :).

Valerie Nolan Apr 02, 2014, 07:32pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
What worked: unplug, take out battery, hold power button down for 30 sec, put battery back in, plug in. Started right up.

Tyson Blanchard May 06, 2014, 09:22am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
My wife's laptop has not been working properly for 5 months now. She has an ASUS U30JC. The laptop takes a charge, and once it is started will run fine. It won't power on though. Her brother figured that if you take the keyboard off and pull out the power connector ribbon and then put it back in and press the power button the laptop would turn on. We have been putting it to sleep and hitting restart, and trying to do everything to not turn off the laptop since then. About a month ago the ribbon trick stopped working. Any advice on how to fix this permanently?

Radzi Kamaruddin May 09, 2014, 12:19pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
How about the battery cannot be removed...??? What i mean built in battery.I'm also facing the same problem on my asus K451-LN model. When i am try to switch on my asus,nothing happened. Black screen with no lights on the led indicator. How am i supposed to do....any advise???

Dave Davies May 20, 2014, 10:14pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Like others before me I joined the forum just to give a big thanks to Crazy Coaster.

Awesome man. Solved the problem. :)

charlie rowe May 30, 2014, 12:07pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: May 30, 2014, 12:34pm EDT

HI also signed up to thank crazy coaster but wasn't as lucky i all my lights power back but my screen won't come on can anyone help please... Ive only had this WIN 8 ASUS F550C 1TB 4GB since Dec 2013 and has barely been used .

Asus owner Not impressed Jun 22, 2014, 10:19pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thanks Crazy Coaster. Had the same issue today and did what you recommended. I was able to reboot and my machine is booting now. It is currently going through a chkdsk. Kids must have shut it off without properly shutting down. Again, thanks.

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.