Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1312 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 17 - 04:13pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Projects /

Finally.... G.G.'s New Computer :) 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3
FingerMeElmo87 Mar 17, 2009, 06:41pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List

Edited: Mar 17, 2009, 06:42pm EDT

>> Re: Finally.... G.G.'s New Computer :)
G. G. said:
Oh by the way..... this evening... my 7yr old daughter made her first retrieval/point in getting the flag back to base in Blood Gluch map of HALO... ahahahahahah Pretty good when this is about her 4th time playing HALO on my pc. After the point... she was jumping up and down screaming " I did it ".... LOL ...... OH no what have I done now... LOL there were a total of 10 players in the map at that time... wife gonna kill me when she gets back from being out of the country.. ahahahahah

you're raising an excellent daughter their G.G. My 3 year old son loves playing drums in rock band (can actually hold a beat) and loves transformers. he also wants to play every game that he sees me playing. awesome dude

Phenom II 720 BE @ 3.41Ghz w/ Zerotherm Nirvana NV120
G.Skill 2 x 2GB DDR2 1066 @ 5-5-5-15
GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4
VisionTek HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
500GB Seagate 7200.12 - Windows 7 RC1
Hiper Type-R 580 WATT PSU
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Zero Mar 21, 2009, 02:54pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
G. G. said:
Zero,

You're very welcome...

If your friend decide to get it.... let me know how it works out for him...

By the way.... just to let you know that if you upgrade from your Intel 640 and 6800GT to a Core2 quad say either a Q9550/Q9650 and a HD4870 1gb.... it is a huge jump in performance as I did an upgrade to Q9550 + HD4870 1gb from a Intel 650 and X800XT...... excellent jump in performance.... Pricing should be great at this tech point due to the newer stuff that are and will be coming out.

but since I have now upgraded.... the next time will most likely be after several generations of cpu and gpu.... LOL...

Hey there G.G.,

Again, sorry for taking so much time to reply....the past two weeks were so busy for me.

I know that an upgrade will give me a great boost in performance. I have been dying to upgrade, but for the last 1.5 years...my financial status was really bad.

It started back in October 2007 where I was involved in a terrible car accident. I escaped
the crash with no scratches, thank god. But the car was heavily damaged. I didn't have any insurance back then, so I had to fix it on my own or sell it. I chose to fix it as I can't live without the car.I ended up spending over $3,000 and I am still fixing some of the remaining small stuff.

For that reason, I had to hold off on the upgrade.

But for the past month or so, I was busy with some interviews here and there. Finally,
today I was offered a position. They are paying good money...but I have to move the capital...
about 250 miles away from home.

I will take the job and in about a month or two I will be upgrading. One thing for sure is that I will buy a new 1TB hard drive as soon as I get my first pay check...
I am running of fumes here. (really super low space capacity)

anyways, thank you very much and I will be seeing you around G.G. :)

-------
Intel Core i7-2600K.
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 285
4 X 4 GB G.Skill DDR3-1600
2 X WD 320GB @ 7200 RPM
2 X WD Green Power 1TB
2 X WD Green Power 2TB
OCZ GameXstream 850W
G. G. Mar 21, 2009, 10:10pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Zero,

Sorry to hear about your car accident but glad that you made it through... Better damage to the car and not you...

Congrats on the new job... hope that things will have a much better outlook in the coming months for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
G. G. Mar 21, 2009, 11:51pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Mothow said:
G. G. said:
Thank you very much Peaceful and Mot !!!

Tommie, Yeah.... been thinking about a new monitor... I currently have a 20" 1680x1050 Viewsonic VX2025WM - http://pcarena.pl/uploads/files/xoo0r-arty/Na%20zakupy%20po%20...2025wm.jpg It has worked very well for the past three years.. But.... yes... been thinking about replacing it with this one - http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/display/display/1/storefron...AA%2523ABA It's a 24" 1920x1200 with a glass front panel. I have seen this monitor before and I love the brilliance and clarity the glass panel add to the images both in photos and movies. Plus it adds to the the gaming experience because the picture just jumps out at you. The only downside to a glass panel monitor is that if you have alot of light behind you, this can lead to alot of background glare on the monitor... but in my situation, I dont have to worry about any of that... but maybe soon.... or not... it is on my wish list though..

Yeah i here thats a good monitor.Geeks.com has it for like $229.Its a refurb but i havent heard one bad thing about that monitor as a refurb.Over at OCforums a few guys have bought tha monitor and love it.But some hate it but only for the reason you love it.Most say they are as good as new and no dead pixels.IMHO its worth it to save $200.I know i almost bought one but ended up with the Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WA

Well..... late tonight I was at Best Buy to get the movie Twilight DVD and the soundtrack CD (buy both and get 5.00 off) for my wife.... and along with that purchase, I came home with a brand new HP W2408h 24" 1920x1200 w/glass panel monitor.....

My retail TigerDirect store had it for 370.00 for quite a while.. HP Shopping had it for 430.00. Then all of the sudden, TigerDirect dropped their price down to 330.00.. And while I was in Best Buy, they had this same monitor (their price was 399.00) and they were happy to match the lower price to get the sell. Good for me because I didnt have to drive to the other side of town.. Saved me time on the road not having to go to Tiger.

Now it sits here in my office... HUGE box.... un opened... gonna see if my wife notices it.. waiting to see if she puts up a fuss about it... lol...

I'm please about the price for a brand new unit.

Monitor:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&am...amp;dlc=en

Video Review:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1665299/hp_w2408h_vivid_color_24...l_monitor/

Review:
http://computershopper.com/lcd-monitors/reviews/hp-w2408h-hdmi-lcd-monitor

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
Meats_Of_Evil Mar 22, 2009, 04:58am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
G. G. said:

... And while I was in Best Buy, they had this same monitor (their price was 399.00) and they were happy to match the lower price to get the sell....

What!? Is this just luck? Is this legal?

How often you think this happens? I'm definitely gonna try this some time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
mothow Mar 22, 2009, 08:23pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Meats lots of stores do it now matching lower prices.

G G nice buy

ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 / i7 4790K / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer DDR3 1600 / 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black / 240GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD / 2x Evga GTX 670 FTW 2GB in SLI / Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty / Corsair HX1000w
G. G. Mar 22, 2009, 10:11pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Meats,

It depends on the retail stores in your area... Here in the states, they'll match each other's prices as long as they are identical. You just have to bring in proof of the competition's ad. They would rather match a competitor's lower price than loose a sell. The stores around my area will do the price matching thing.... but you will run across one or two that will not price match... (in this case, no big deal and i will usually just tell them thank you and too bad you are loosing a sell).

Tommie,

thanks... i'm pleased.... Just got back from dinner out with my 7yr old daughter as we met up with 10 other miata owners for a small dinner get together at On The Border restaurant. Havent had the chance to crack open the box yet... LOL...

I'm kinda curious what kinda of a performance hit i'm gonna get with this monitor being at 1920x1200 resolution compared to my current monitor at 1680x1050. hmmm...

-
G. G. Mar 25, 2009, 12:14am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi Ya'll,

Well, I have been using my new monitor for 24hrs now.... I must say... OMG(osh) !!!! This HP W2408h 24" w/glass panel will burn the retina out of your eyes from being so bright.... I had to turn the brightness down, waaaayyy down.... I dont think I have ever seen such a bright LCD monitor before... ever... The spec for brightness is listed as 400 cd/m2 nit.... typically, other if not most, are spec'd at 300 cd/m2 nit...

In regards to performance.... I tell ya... You must try out this monitor or at least a monitor of its equivalent. The text is so sharp and defined, the colors and details are more rich in photos, colors in general just jumps out at you.... gaming is a whole new world with this monitor. the color and detail is just amazing.. I think alot of it has to do with the glass panel. I think it adds a whole new look that emphasizes color, detail, and richness. One thing for sure, I am vrey pleased and very glad that I finally got this particular monitor ( I have been eye'ing it since its introduction)

Oh another thing, the 4 extra inches and increase in resolution over my previous monitor (20" at 1680x1050), I have noticed that my eyes has to travel alot more. Games are alot more fun on this larger monitor.. hehehehe

If you get a chance/opportunity to get a new monitor, I would recommend you try out one with a glass panel.

-

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.