I have all four 2GB DDR2-1066 rams running at full speed with no problems. I`ve read that AMD Phenom`s at 1066 are limited to one DIMM per channel where as DDR2-800 can be used for both channels.
Interesting to keep in mind for the future. I had not heard that specifically with the phenom 2.I assumed it was just that mobo's had poor memory controlers when i had heard of people not able to run 4 sticks at 1066. Im am glad that it is working for you.
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, 2600k @ 4.0
16 gig Corsair Vengeance
Evga gtx 260 216, samsung 2253lw"
Baracuda 7,200.12 CoolerMaster 212 +
Win 7 64, fsp fx700-gln, Razer DA,G15
Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid
Silence in the face of evil is it's self Ev
Thanks. AMD Mobo's don't have a memory controller built in because they are integrated inside the CPU. I don't know why AMD doesn't just fix this problem once and for all.
Currently they are now having problems with the newer AM3 CPU's where they can't run full DDR3-1333 with all four DIMMs used on a mobo, so they will be stuck with DDR3-1066. Once more AMD needs to fix this problem. Currently Intel does not have a problem with the Core i7 Integrated memory controller.
[I][I][I][B][B][B]When I first purchased the parts for my new rig I quickly realized I couldn't run the 4 sticks of Dominator XMS2-8500 Turbo Series @ 1066 w/ AMDs Phenom II Procs because of how the processor handles the cache. So to my disappointment I could either run all four @ 800mhz or two @ 1066. I decided to go with four @ 800 until recently a few years down the road due to a fagget brother of mine who ripped out all my ram and hid it from me I had to put together my system cause it got all jacket up. Here are the steps that got me to get the AMD quad core Phenom II Black Edition to work with 4 sticks of Dominator @ 1066.
1) I updated the MB drivers and flashed BIOS on my K9A2 (v1) Platinum Board.
2) GET CPU-Z for confirmation purposes
3) Boot system w/ 2 sticks. My timings with the Dominator XMS-2T were set to 5-5-5-15-22-2T @ 2.1v ***DCT set to 0
4) Once systems boots and CPU-Z confirms stability of RAM @ 533.4 x2 shutdown your system pop in 2 more sticks and power and go back into BIOS
5) Set DCT to BOTH and punch in your timings for the second pair of nuts you just inserted than juice up the voltage to 2.2v now we're in the RED ZONE. grow balls your RAM has a life time warranty if anything happens which it wont @ 2.2v just tell them that your processor and ram are mortal enemies and it didnt work out too well. Boot that Bitch up close your eyes cross your fingers and hope that the windows screen wont freeze up. If it boots up Its 99.9% chance that CPU-z will confirm four sticks of RAM running @ 1066 or 533.4x2. EnJoi
4x2GB (8GB) of Dominator XMS2-8500 Turbo series
ATI Radeon 5770 1GB
Seagate 1.5 Tb via SATA
MSI K9A2 Platinum (v1) MB
AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 3.1Ghz w/ DUAL Fan Giant Radiator Cooling
+4 more fans I want sub Zero cooling from Digital Storm!