Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1355 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 16 - 11:44am EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Monitors /

Homemade LCD Screen Cleaner Solution? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
Jules Apr 12, 2009, 02:28am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Homemade LCD Screen Cleaner Solution?
Housekeeping tips:
Goodness me you guys (I stopped short of using more colourfull language).
WAIT until the static electricity has disapated from your monitor- about an hour.
Rince out a cloth in warm water, and then spray a little 'spray and wipe onto the cloth.
Clean the "lurgs" off the monitor/screen, and then rinse the cloth out again, and give a final wipe. Done!

~~+++++++^^^^^^^^^^^^^^+++++++~~
Only read the manual as a last resort.
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Jules Apr 12, 2009, 02:29am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Housekeeping tips:
Goodness me you guys (I stopped short of using more colourfull language).
WAIT until the static electricity has disappated from your monitor- about an hour.
Rinse out a cloth in warm water, and then spray a little 'spray and wipe onto the cloth.
Clean the "lurgs" off the monitor/screen, and then rinse the cloth out again, and give a final wipe. Done!

~~+++++++^^^^^^^^^^^^^^+++++++~~
Only read the manual as a last resort.
Gerritt Apr 12, 2009, 11:14pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Jules,
I just had to clean a beer snort spew off of my twin LCDs (after a LOL)!
I used a very highly diluted citrus based cleaner in order to accomplish the job.
We DO have to know that some matter that may end up on our LCDs will require more than just water to remove as water and oils do not emulsify. Keeping that in mind, many of the coatings on LCDs will not stand up to overly acidic cleaning solutions, nor will they stand up to overly alkiline solutions either.

The answer is to use more or less than 7.0 litmus rated water (BTW, most tap water is harder than that, thus a 7.4-7.9 litmus level in most areas of the US), but do not exceed the 8.0 or the 6.0 barriers. If you stay within these parameters, you will most likely get most of the "JUNK" off of your screen without damaging it...excessively. If you continue to worry about it, then make sure you use a clean water (7.0) solution to cleanse the remaining acid or alkaline left on your monitor, with a thourough drying with lint free matterials.

We are, however getting into the area of nitpicking....
I know, at least partially my fault.

Ad Astra Per Aspera
(A rough road leads to the Stars)
We all know what we know, and everyone else knows we are wrong.
System Specifications in BIO

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.