Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 880 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s November 22 - 04:02am EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Games /

YES...That old Chestnut!!!!! 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4
Michael C Jun 25, 2009, 02:22pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List

Edited: Jun 25, 2009, 02:26pm EDT

>> Re: YES...That old Chestnut!!!!!
Thanks Meats, that's what I was getting at exactly. I have a great config file for any videocard if anyone wants it. The game runs a lot better and doesn't look much worse at all.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Scumbag Blues Jun 25, 2009, 02:23pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Jun 25, 2009, 02:26pm EDT

Meats_Of_Evil said:
Dilbert, it's easy to get close to 100 or more fps while indoors. Well not always but it depending on the level and what's inside the building it can go up to 100.

Just fiddle with the quality settings until you're happy. I mean who the f**k watches the clouds while killing koreans? If you do then leave the Volumetrics effects on high or very high if not then set it to medium or low as it will dramatically improve your fps.

Shadows? Yes they're important, we all like to see them but do you need them at high or very high? I've tested on both high and medium and medium looks the same. Plus you'll get a nice increase in fps.

Or just download config files. There's a ton of them and they even come tweaked for specific vid cards.

My settings were all on Very High with two exceptions: 1) Shadows on High, 2) Post Processing on Medium. As it is, Crysis is gone and I don't really have an incentive to get it back... so, this is all hearsay.

Perhaps, in three more months, when I forget about the lame story - again - I'll try it out. With this in mind. Hopefully.

EDIT: Additionally, another reason I'm so shocked at the 100 FPS count indoors is also due to his resolution. At 1680x1050, even with all the latest and littlest tweaks in the config files - diamond fine polish and no rock left unturned and all that - it still completely crushes mine and I run at 1280x1024; 25% plus change less pixels being rendered.

Ah well.

~

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz | Gigabyte P67A-UD4 | G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 4GB | XFX Radeon HD 6950
TamTheBam Jun 25, 2009, 05:11pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

I have a great config file too, but realistically WE SHOULDN'T be using config files

....I'm back, but only as a part-timer... :)
4Qman Jun 25, 2009, 05:39pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
plug your original post made me laugh, you were angry man haha

I agree though, its a system killer, maybe one day we will look back and laugh about it. :P

Scumbag Blues Jun 25, 2009, 06:06pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
TamTheBam said:

I have a great config file too, but realistically WE SHOULDN'T be using config files

Actually, this is also an extremely key point. Why should the user be forced to make changes to config files - at all - to run the game smoothly? It should, realistically, run fine out of the box. Of course, all of this is only theory.

I mean, that's like buying a car, and then having to either spend time or money or both, not to tweak it, but just to get the damn thing running. It's like being promised a sound engine, working brakes, a working A/C and radio, and new tires only to realize you'll need better brake fluid, tire adjustment, an antennae and a different brand of AC filter.

Who pays for that?

~

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz | Gigabyte P67A-UD4 | G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 4GB | XFX Radeon HD 6950
Michael C Jun 25, 2009, 06:25pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
True but if a few tweaks can make the game run better I really don't care that much. If it was that way with every game I'd be p**sed.

Plug & Play Jun 25, 2009, 06:43pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Maybe for you Michael, but what if you did not have the know how or the confidence to tweak game files. And all this after forking out good money for the game. And dont forget CRYTEK are now working on a new title.....f**k....they should be FIXING the old title.

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEEEEEEYYYYY

i5 2500K @ 4.8Ghz- Corsiar H50 WaterCooler- Coolermaster Realpower 1000w- Asus P8P67 Deluxe - Asus 6990 4GB - 8GB Corsair DDR3 2000Mhz - X-Fi Sound - 7.1 Surround Speakers - BenQ 24" TFT - G9x Mouse- G19 Keyboard
Scumbag Blues Jun 25, 2009, 10:34pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Plug & Play said:

Maybe for you Michael, but what if you did not have the know how or the confidence to tweak game files. And all this after forking out good money for the game. And dont forget CRYTEK are now working on a new title.....f**k....they should be FIXING the old title.

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEEEEEEYYYYY

They should fix the engine, re-release the original Crysis along with the new one in one package at no additional cost for giving everyone the lie-through-the-teeth-and-then-some treatment.

And then hire someone to smack their programmers every once in a while. Or maybe every day. Just to remind them that people do expect, you know, working stuff at a reasonable level.

I vote for Plug&Play. Even his name just succinctly tells you what you need to know.

~

Plug & Play Jun 26, 2009, 08:59am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Thats a very very good idea....re-release the game PERFECT with a Quadro card thrown in for good measure to play the god dam thing.

I get the feeling that 10 guys were locked in a hall and told to develop a game and the door will not be opened until its finished.....hence the botch job...hey maybe the government where in on it.

SMUCKS

i5 2500K @ 4.8Ghz- Corsiar H50 WaterCooler- Coolermaster Realpower 1000w- Asus P8P67 Deluxe - Asus 6990 4GB - 8GB Corsair DDR3 2000Mhz - X-Fi Sound - 7.1 Surround Speakers - BenQ 24" TFT - G9x Mouse- G19 Keyboard
4Qman Jun 26, 2009, 12:38pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Plug your a crazy man, haha

Michael C Jun 26, 2009, 12:49pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Very crazy, but that was funny.

Plug & Play Jun 26, 2009, 03:34pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Funny. Funny How?...funny as in haha....what I am funny. Like I f**kin amuse you.......what I am a f**king clown.

Well somethin like that....

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.