Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1194 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 16 - 09:10pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Games /

Metro 2033, High PC Specs. 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
DarK_SlayeR Feb 27, 2010, 01:43pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List

Edited: Feb 27, 2010, 01:45pm EST

>> Re: Metro 2033, High PC Specs.
Michael C said:
I'm playing RE5 and Heavy Rain right now for PS3, and GRAW2(never played it before) for PC. What games do you have for the PS3 Dark?

Infamous, Battlefield Bad Company, GRAW2, Dark Sector, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Burnout Paradise, Fuel, Pure, Uncharted 1, GTA4, Soul Calibur 4, Brutal Legend, and Wet.

GRAW2 for the PS3 is fantastic, except for the minor framerate issues. I like it better then both Battlefield and Call of Duty.

I also have Armored Core 4 (boring short missions suck), and Viking: Battle for Asgard (boring drunk combat and uninspired gameplay sucks).

-------------------
Intel Core 2 Duo e8400 @ stock
Asus P5Q Pro P45
2GB x 2 Kingston HyperX DDR2 1066
eVGA GTX 550 Ti 1024mb Superclocked
Windows Vista Home Premium x64
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Michael C Feb 27, 2010, 01:51pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Nice games. Make sure you pick up some of the best PS3 exclusives though.

Bayonetta, Demon's Souls, MGS4, God of War Collection, Heavy Rain...etc.

DarK_SlayeR Feb 27, 2010, 02:02pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Feb 27, 2010, 02:03pm EST

I have no interest in Demon's Souls, but I've got the others on my list.

Ratchet and Clank :Future (all 3 of them), GT5, Xmen Origins: Wolverine, Dirt 2, Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, MGS4, Killzone 2, Dante's Inferno, FF13, everything God of War (already have first 2 on ps2, but who plays that anymore?), Darksiders, BFBC2, Army of Two: The 40th Day, Uncharted 2, The Watchmen collection (basically buying 2 brawling games + the movie on bluray for $20), and Heavy Rain.

So as you can see, I stand by my original statement: I've got no time for Metro 2033 lol, esp since Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, and WoW: Cataclysm will own me 4evar :S

-------------------
Intel Core 2 Duo e8400 @ stock
Asus P5Q Pro P45
2GB x 2 Kingston HyperX DDR2 1066
eVGA GTX 550 Ti 1024mb Superclocked
Windows Vista Home Premium x64
SuPeR Xp Oct 10, 2011, 08:21pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I just picked up this game for a nice $16 brand new, sealed. I heard it was a great game back in 2010, and knowing me, I sometimes wait for everything to get ironed out, such as bugs.
Finally I picked up a retail copy.

-------------------------------------------------
Custom AMD HAF 932 Red Dragon GAMING MOD!!!
http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/2442.html
Reason   Oct 10, 2011, 11:08pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
This is on sale on Steam right now too.

Anyone out there played both this and the STALKER series? How does it compare? Setting is similar, how about gameplay?

Meats_Of_Evil Oct 11, 2011, 12:04am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Oct 11, 2011, 12:06am EDT

I've played Stalker 1 and 3 and Metro 2033. The only similarities are the setting which takes place in post-apocalyptic Chernobyl and have mutants that are the result of radiation and whatnot. Both games do a very good job in creating a unique atmosphere though imo Metro is scarier due to its better graphics and overall dark atmosphere. Stalker is also an RPG an more open world and Metro plays more like a FPS. I had to tweak Metro's config a lot to get a good framerate with my 8800gt but that was back when it was new I don't know if there's been any improvements to it. Also, the graphics in Metro are gorgeous, especially the lightning which to me is one of the best in game. Metro is pretty linear though, and the ending sucked imo but it was still very fun and tense for me, if you can get it for cheap then its definitely worth to buy it.

Also, the physx option in metro totally killed in game performance, sometimes the game would crawl to 5fps while blowing up an icicle so be sure to disable it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
SuPeR Xp Oct 11, 2011, 06:42am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Thanks for the info Meats_Of_Evil, wonderful, can't wait to install my copy. I also heard Metro 2033 is equal or better than the new Rage game. Anyhow, I am skipping Rage for now, and going to daddle with Metro 2033 until the NEW Elder Scrolls gets released...

-------------------------------------------------
Custom AMD HAF 932 Red Dragon GAMING MOD!!!
http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/2442.html
Rhort Oct 11, 2011, 08:09am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> .
SuPeR Xp said:
...until the NEW Elder Scrolls gets released...

Tick-tock, tick-tock. One month to go! :))

I just built a new machine to play this on. Can't wait! Hearing rumours that it may have been leaked in Russia some time over the past couple of days.

_________________________________________________________________________________
~ The manual said "Requires Windows '95 or better" ...so I installed Linux!
Afrow UK Oct 11, 2011, 09:25am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I was playing Metro and while it was a bloody amazing game (literally), Rage has put it on the digital shelf for now. I'm enjoying Rage more than I ever did with Metro to be honest, but that may just be me. I have thoroughly missed the subtly similar style of gameplay of Quake and Doom that you can find in Rage. I've even put Dead Island on hold for a while until I've played some more Rage. But in terms of game play IMO Dead Island has the upper hand - it's just hours of endless fun. In terms of graphics, I think Rage is better and at the same time, plays with such absolutely amazingly smooth FPS I am still gobsmacked at how well they've programmed it to run so well. Dead Island's engine is pretty heavy for the graphics but the gameplay makes up for it immensely.

I like: Programming, Gym, University
Music: House, Dubstep, D&B, Trance, Metal
Reason   Oct 11, 2011, 12:27pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Yeah, thanks for the comparo, Meats. It was $5 on Steam so I said,s**t, I can get $5 of fun out of that. That sale might be good thru Oct 17, in case anyone is interested. Currently (finally!) playing Portal 2, so it'll be a bit before I try Metro. Have SO MANY GAMES in my backlog. Oh, and Serious Sam 3 is coming out next month, already pre ordered, super stoked for that. I wish someone would remake Doom/Doom II in the SS3 engine, that would be awesome.

Meats_Of_Evil Oct 11, 2011, 03:18pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
SuPeR Xp said:
Thanks for the info Meats_Of_Evil, wonderful, can't wait to install my copy. I also heard Metro 2033 is equal or better than the new Rage game. Anyhow, I am skipping Rage for now, and going to daddle with Metro 2033 until the NEW Elder Scrolls gets released...

I haven't played Rage yet but I can assure you that Metro and Rage are very very different games. If you want a game like Rage then I suggest Borderlands which to me was fantastic, but if you're going to get it be sure to get the Game of the Year Edition for the PC which includes all DLC (about 4) and will add many more hours of gameplay to an already entertaining game. The thing I adored about Borderlands is that its the perfect RPG/FPS game, the story is lacking a bit especially the game's ending which sucks ass but the combination of those two elements was done perfectly and the game is very challenging and the best thing is that it plays like a solide FPS unlike Fallout 3. In Rage, where you aim is where the bullet will hit most of the time, you don't have that V.A.T.S. crap from Fallout 3, your aim in Borderlands is as good as you are on any other FPS game. Be sure to check it out, the game (GOTY edition) is only $29.99 on Steam and I've seen it go for as low as $10 or $15!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meats_Of_Evil Oct 11, 2011, 03:29pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Reason   said:
Yeah, thanks for the comparo, Meats. It was $5 on Steam so I said,s**t, I can get $5 of fun out of that. That sale might be good thru Oct 17, in case anyone is interested. Currently (finally!) playing Portal 2, so it'll be a bit before I try Metro. Have SO MANY GAMES in my backlog. Oh, and Serious Sam 3 is coming out next month, already pre ordered, super stoked for that. I wish someone would remake Doom/Doom II in the SS3 engine, that would be awesome.

Hey Reason, I assume you have a Steam account. Add me you loon! My steamid is Meats Of Evil I'm curious if you've played Portal 2 on co-op yet? Me and K0rny got the game when it came out and finished the co-op together, also that new free DLC that added a new level. We did some crazy stuff and probably made the solution way harder than they should have been but we had a blast going through those levels and trying crazy stuff. So, If you ever wanna play the Co-Op just let me know man, I'm online on the weekends, if you see me online Monday through Thursday then that's probably not me, I share my account lol.

Reason   Oct 13, 2011, 12:29am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I'll add you Meats, I don't play much on the weekends though.

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.