Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 621 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s May 23 - 04:27pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Hard Drives /

[Solved] How to recover windows 7 bitlocker encrypted partition? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3
abhishek gautam Jun 27, 2012, 07:26am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: [Solved] How to recover windows 7 bitlocker encrypted partition?
hey friend..
I am almost having the same problem, but needs the clear vision....
actually i was using bit locker for my E drive but soon after I formatted my C drive and installed the fresh copy of windows 7 and now the E drive is not providing me to enter the password , it is showing as a "raw space".
so plz plz help me how could I access my files ?????

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Hit Machine Jul 04, 2012, 02:00am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Follow the same procedure as I told.

Adnan Hamza Jul 04, 2012, 03:27am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Dear Masoud There is rupture in your explanation from the procedure that we must exchange the first sector due to a true encrypted partition from another PC .. this procedure needs more clarity supported by images ... because this is the key procedure to unlock the problem..i tried to exchange but it didnt worked with me ... anyway thanks ..

Patrik J Jul 28, 2012, 02:06am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi, I have a similar problem with my HDD. The whole HDD is encrypted (ie. there is only one partition on it).
I had Windows 7 and got a error message that decryption is paused on 99% and that I should use chkdsk to fix the drive. But I could unlock and access drive anyway without any problems for over a year.

Because of some (other) reasons I had to reinstall Win 7. Windows is (and always had been) on a second drive (or first, depending on how you want to see it), so I dont think installation might have done any changes in the encrypted drive.

The problem that I now have is that I cannot access the encrypted drive anymore. I'm able to unlock the drive and I get the same, "decryption paused"-message and then use chkdsk-message, as before, but now I cannot access the drive.

I tried to recover drive with:
repair-bde <Bitlocker encrypted drive> <Output drive where contents to be recovered> -rp -******-****** 48 digits bitlocker encrypted key

But the process is stucked at 99%!

BTW. chkdsk on the encrypted drive does not work either.

Any idees or suggestions?

starr xu Jul 31, 2013, 10:41pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Hi, how do you do this? "I gave drive name to the last unallocated space without formatting it through disk management tool."

sandy16u k Jul 12, 2014, 06:17pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
my bitlocker drive F:(50 gb in size and having 16gb apprx data) in system having OS win 7 .after formating hdd due to some errors . i installed win 8 and get all drives with data by recovery software. after that system show a partion of 50 gb is unallocated . i allocate that with partion and then run reovery softwares .i got exactly 16 gb data by softwares but that in in raw form mostly in MPEG form some zip etc etc .how to get data from that raw data . i tried repair -bde and it is show the error "Input Volume has Suffered damages to critical information related to the decryption key .please try the -KeyPackage option to specify a key Package .The volume may not recoverable. " after scanning boot sectors metadata100% and scanning sectors boundries for metadata 100%.
Plz help me i dont hav backup of that data .and that is very imp data .....:(

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.