I have a Toshiba Qosmio G35 AV600 Laptop with the meassge NTLDR is Compressed , Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart.... I have the recovery disk that can with the laptop... But the machine with not restore. When I use the disk , I get a message saying "WRONG DISK".... I purchase a new disk from Toshiba.. But get the same Message...Could someone Please help me with this Problem?
Want to enjoy fewer advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Try booting up in the recovery console and running the following commands pressing Enter after each line:
attrib -c ntldr
How to boot into the recovery console
To run the Recovery Console from the Windows XP startup disks or the Windows XP CD-ROM, follow these steps:
1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD drive, and then restart the computer.
Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted.
2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console.
4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
5. At the command prompt, type the appropriate commands to diagnose and repair your Windows XP installation.
For a list of commands that are available in Recovery Console, type recovery console commands or help at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
For information about a specific command, type help commandname at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
6. To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.