Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1217 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 18 - 05:55am EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Projects /

New Build HERE! 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
Michael C Oct 26, 2010, 05:24pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: New Build Finally
No chance bud, you're screwed! I have a copy of Doom 1 though if you want to try it?

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
TamTheBam Oct 26, 2010, 05:34pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Re: New Build Finally

Nah I heard that's a total resource hogger! Do you have Frogger? Ya cheeky fooker! :D

....I'm back, but only as a part-timer... :)
TamTheBam Oct 27, 2010, 04:14pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> Re: New Build HERE!

Motherboard, RAM & CPU are all here now. They came this avo. Just in from work and
rushed to the package!

Just looked at the RAMPAGE III and fook that is one fooking sexy, tidy looking thing.
Crammed with tons of goodies also. Can't wait to get this on the go.
The RAM just looks so good, and the cooling fan with it looks better and more sturdier
than my current Corsair Ram Module Fan. The cpu, well that a cpu. Bland until seated
into the MoBo.

I will get some pics soon and show all. Can't wait to get this up n running! Won't be for
a few weeks yet unfortunately :( just no time just now!

Bungle Oct 27, 2010, 04:29pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Sweet! let us know how it goes, I'm interested to know if you can feel much of a difference between your C2Q and the new i7.

Core i7 4770K @ 4.4GHz | Corsair H110 | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H | 32GB 1866MHz Corsair Vengeance
2x EVGA GTX 780 SLI | 256GB OCZ Vector SSD | 4TB Hitachi 7K4000
Corsair AX1200 PSU | Corsair 650D | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
TamTheBam Oct 27, 2010, 05:29pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Sure will Bungle. I am doing some benchmarks before the installation. Will be doing
the Heaven Bench, Everest Bench. Probably some 3DMark of some sort. I'll do a few
benches too, and what ever else anyone can recomment!

I have installed the MoBo, Ram & CPU into my CoolerMaster Wavemaster case until
the new case arrives. The MoBo is overlapping on the MoBo tray, so it's defo bigger.
I guess this is due to the amount of RAM Module slots. Great how the RAM colours match
the MoBo also. Saweeet!

Plug & Play Oct 28, 2010, 07:44am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Get some pics up tam....you SPOOOFER. I bet you bought the wife a Wii and you talking out ya ass!!!!!!!!

i5 2500K @ 4.8Ghz- Corsiar H50 WaterCooler- Coolermaster Realpower 1000w- Asus P8P67 Deluxe - Asus 6990 4GB - 8GB Corsair DDR3 2000Mhz - X-Fi Sound - 7.1 Surround Speakers - BenQ 24" TFT - G9x Mouse- G19 Keyboard
TamTheBam Oct 28, 2010, 05:50pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Absolute disaster! Just tried 2 install the new stuff into the Coolermaster Wavemaster, and the board's too big. The watercooling's a nitemare cos it's too much hassle 2 get outside of the case. Well p**sed off. Jus installing now into the Mozart case dos the time being. And the watercooling block fixture's too close - almost touching the northbridge aaaargh! I obviously nvr thought this through. I aimed 2 wait - but couldn't wait for fock sakes!

TamTheBam Oct 28, 2010, 07:46pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

More freakin problems. The Motherboard doesn't support my fookin dvd drives. I'll have 2 buy sata dvd drives now! This's a pain in the hoop

Meats_Of_Evil Oct 28, 2010, 08:48pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
lol you're still using IDE drives?

Buy a converter on ebay, they're cheaper than 2 new drives.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
john albrich Oct 28, 2010, 10:18pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Meats_Of_Evil said:
lol you're still using IDE drives?
Buy a converter on ebay, they're cheaper than 2 new drives.

Yeah...they're faster than when connected to an IDE port but they're still relatively slow. The best I've seen using IDE Ultra-ATA133 drives with a SATA adapter is about 70MB/sec read (and ~20MB/sec or so write?).

If one is going to heat-up a system in every other way, it seems like a waste of time and money if you're not using native SATA drives.

BoT Oct 28, 2010, 10:41pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
what do you mean the board doesn't fit and the cpu cooler?
which cpu cooler are you using?

You can either be part of the problem or be part of the solution.
Codisha - http://www.codisha.com
Reviews - http://www.codisha.com/reviews/reviews.htm
TamTheBam Oct 29, 2010, 01:59am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Yup still using IDE Drives. Nvr upgraded since 2007! I'll jus buy 2 today. The motherboard's too big for the wavemaster. It's jus the design. Also the board just fits into a tight position in the mozart case. I managed 2 get the cooling block fixture on the board, but again a very tight fit due to the shape and size of the fixture. Do i use SATA cables for the optical drives then? I'll need 2 get longer ones.

Plug & Play Oct 29, 2010, 08:44am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

LMFAO....LOVE IT.....I can picture the wife and kiddies with EAR MUFFS on so as not to hear all the FOOOKS ns**t!!!!

IDE...WTF.....yeah get sata optical drives aswell Tam....I was blessed that I had the KANDALF case when I got my 5970 aswell. It was a tight fit (only about an inch to the HDD caddy case)

Ahhh the things we do for love....would not have this problem with the 800D Corsiar case....HEHE

i5 2500K @ 4.8Ghz- Corsiar H50 WaterCooler- Coolermaster Realpower 1000w- Asus P8P67 Deluxe - Asus 6990 4GB - 8GB Corsair DDR3 2000Mhz - X-Fi Sound - 7.1 Surround Speakers - BenQ 24" TFT - G9x Mouse- G19 Keyboard

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.