Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1172 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 15 - 08:15pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Cooling and Airflow /

Cheap watercooling 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
TamTheBam Jan 04, 2011, 04:38pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: Cheap watercooling

And it's fookin BiG!

....I'm back, but only as a part-timer... :)
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
G. G. Jan 06, 2011, 02:14am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Mothow said:
......................Coolant maybe Blue if i can find it

Here you go - http://www.svc.com/f1-0001.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
BoT Jan 06, 2011, 08:56pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
did you check out the Swiftech H20-X20 Edge?
it's more expensive but delivers on performance and is expandable.

another option is the corsair H70

You can either be part of the problem or be part of the solution.
Codisha - http://www.codisha.com
Reviews - http://www.codisha.com/reviews/reviews.htm
Sean Costello Jan 07, 2011, 10:25pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I don't think anyone else said it so I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. Cheap and Watercooling are not exactly things you put together.

Then again I've been out of the cooling loops since my Tuniq was king of the hill so what do I know haha.

______
Story of My Life- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c764JWVt5Fw
mothow Jan 08, 2011, 09:03am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Its not cheap compared to a Artic Cooling Freezer(the cooler on my old ladies PC) but compared to most other high end cooling setup it is.Hell my Venomous X and two fans cost almost $100.The the two fans alone were $23 each and the the venous was $60 so in comparison that watercooling setup is cheap

ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 / i7 4790K / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer DDR3 1600 / 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black / 240GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD / 2x Evga GTX 670 FTW 2GB in SLI / Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty / Corsair HX1000w
TamTheBam Jan 08, 2011, 10:57am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Jan 08, 2011, 10:59am EST

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't opt for a Kit. I'm more inclined to buy the parts separately.
But why don't you go for the Corsair Kit instead? That's even cheaper. And does the job very
well. Plug's happy with his, and I've heard loads of folks are really happy with theirs. Temps
are kept nice n low and it's less baggage on your system and you'll have more room
internally.

mothow Jan 08, 2011, 11:00am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Jan 08, 2011, 11:06am EST

TamTheBam said:

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't opt for a Kit. I'm more inclined to buy the parts separately.
But why don't you go for the Corsair Kit instead? That's even cheaper. And does the job very
well. Plug's happy with his, and I've heard loads of folks are really happy with theirs. Temps
are kept nice n low and it's less baggage on your system and you'll have more room
internally.

I have Coolit's ECO 120R ALC already which is basically a H50.Im not all that impressed with it(with push/pull 47cfm yateloon's it just a little better than my Venous with the same fans at idle but @100% my Venomous beats it's it by about 3c).Beside's im not even sure i want to go w/c.I just happened to see that kit and started thinking which can be dangerous..lol

BoT said:
did you check out the Swiftech H20-X20 Edge?
it's more expensive but delivers on performance and is expandable.

another option is the corsair H70

Sure did.I like Swiftechs unit better but its like $100 more.And the H70 just isnt for me just like the H50.Now if the H70 was $65 shipped i might grab one but not at over $100.

ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 / i7 4790K / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer DDR3 1600 / 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black / 240GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD / 2x Evga GTX 670 FTW 2GB in SLI / Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty / Corsair HX1000w
TamTheBam Jan 08, 2011, 11:12am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

I wouldn't go for the Corsair kit either, but was thinking about the cost. Ahh so you're not
going W/C then? Well if you do decide, then buy all parts separately like you would if you
do a new Build. :)

mothow Jan 08, 2011, 11:15am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I might go W/C just havent made up my mind yet.You know how it is.One minute you want something then you want something else.I really want a better / bigger LCD monitor right now.Im wasting so much video power with this 22 inch monitor with my two GTX470's

TamTheBam Jan 08, 2011, 11:34am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Haha you hit the nail on the head about the upgrades! Lol!

mothow Jan 08, 2011, 12:21pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Jan 08, 2011, 12:47pm EST

Ive spent many a day just surfing the net looking for the best deal's on the upgrade im looking for at that time.Then the day i get it something better comes .out..lol or i see something i want more

john albrich Jan 08, 2011, 12:45pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

I agree with Tam re: buying components separately. Kits seem to have a tendency to use cheap parts wherever possible and create one or more weak links...that can lead to leaks or cooling problems.

For example, they might provide fans that use sleeve-bearings, or they might use plated metals instead of stainless steel, or they might use "stainless-steel" parts that have a cheap composition (thus they can still rust MUCH more quickly when immersed, esp in distilled water or other more corrosive fluids).
For more info on "stainless steel" see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stainless_steel

They also may use cheaper plastics which deform unpredictably or don't stand up well to temperature cycling or the long-term mechanical pressures needed to ensure leak-free fittings.

<pet-peeve rant>
I've noticed for example, that tableware and even plumbing fittings that claim to be "stainless steel" (usu from China) just don't measure up anymore to older, much higher quality products. In the past 10+ years I've had occasion to buy "stainless steel" dinnerware, and when any of the pieces are left in water for even a few DAYS, you can see rust developing. Left in any longer, and significant pitting occurs.

Contrast that with 60 year old stainless steel dinnerware and some pots I inherited from an aunt...they can be left in water for weeks without ANY indication of rust developing. I did some comparison tests and ALL my modern "stainless steel" utensils, including a quality name-brand multi-function pocket knife, rusted and pitted far too quickly.
</pet-peeve rant>

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.