Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 574 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 16 - 11:15pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Projects /

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Machine Build 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
Rhort Sep 30, 2011, 03:25pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> .
It says 1604.7Mhz

_________________________________________________________________________________
~ The manual said "Requires Windows '95 or better" ...so I installed Linux!
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
SuPeR Xp Sep 30, 2011, 06:22pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Sep 30, 2011, 06:37pm EDT

>> Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Machine Build
Bulldozer Based Gaming System: Bulldozer CPU's should be released on October 12, 2011. The 8-Core versions should cost about $280 or less...

1) AMD FX-4170 @ 4.2 GHz (AM3+ Quad-Core - Bulldozer) = $177

2) Asus M5A97 EVO Socket AM3+ AMD 970/SB950 = $125

3) G.SKILL Sniper Series DDR3 1866MHz (PC3-14900)
8GB (2 x 4GB) Dual Channel Kit (F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR) = $80

4) Seagate Barracuda Green (ST2000DL003) 2TB SATA3 6Gb/s
64MB Cache Hard Drive (OEM) = $65

5) PSU: [Using Existing Case and 600W Enermax Noisetaker SLi EG701AX-VE(W)-SFMA]

6) Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 1GB DDR5 (800MHz) 1GB GDDR5 Memory
(5000MHz) Dual-DVI /HDMI/Display Port PCI-e 2.0 = $250
(Get another later on for CrossfireX when prices go down)

7) And use what ever else you have from your older gaming system. Also yes I recommend at least 8GB of DDR3 memory just as I suggested in my list above. RAM today is dam cheap. This setup should give you a lot more than you'll every need to run Skyrim, and should also future proof your setup too.

If you ahve a chance, check out my Custom AMD HAF 932 Red Dragon GAMING MOD, link bellow, I plan on building a Bulldozer setup with it.

Happy Shopping,

-------------------------------------------------
Custom AMD HAF 932 Red Dragon GAMING MOD!!!
http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/2442.html
Michael C Sep 30, 2011, 07:01pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
lol Super, so random dude.

Rhort, it's saying that because you need to be in a CPU intensive application. It's sort of a 'power saving' mode when it runs at 1700mhz. It will clock itself back up when you start up a game or something alike, try it and watch.

SuPeR Xp Sep 30, 2011, 08:00pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Michael C said:
lol Super, so random dude.

Yes, I have a little bell beside my bed, so when somebody posts something about AMD, ATI or Bulldozer, it rings, and I come to the rescue ;)

Rhort Oct 01, 2011, 06:42am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> .
Michael C said:
Rhort, it's saying that because you need to be in a CPU intensive application. It's sort of a 'power saving' mode when it runs at 1700mhz. It will clock itself back up when you start up a game or something alike, try it and watch.

Ah, right! That makes more sense: Now reading more like 4.4 Ghz

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/rhort/hwa/CPU-Z_Delta.jpg

How come the Windows one is so far out? Seems a bit pointless if it can be more than 30% off? :|

_________________________________________________________________________________
Michael C Oct 01, 2011, 08:07pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Yes I know, it makes no sense. It reads wrong for me also. Good old Windows I guess!

Rhort Oct 27, 2011, 05:51am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> .
So, the official specs have finally been released (if you can find them on the car crash that is the Bethesda website) and they’re saying:

Minimum
CPU: Dual-Core at least 2Ghz
GPU: DX9 compatible with at least 512Mb on board
RAM: 4Gb
HDD: 6Gb

Recommended
CPU: Quad-Core at least 3Ghz
GPU: DX9 compatible with at least 1024Mb on board (suggesting at least GTX260)
RAM: 4Gb
HDD: 6Gb

Looking at that minimum spec, my old machine wasn’t actually that far off the mark, and probably could have played at absolute minimum settings, but where’s the fun in that right? ;)

Was just messing about, still reinstalling stuff from my old machines onto the new one, and it suddenly occurred to me that I didn’t have Half Life 2: Episode 2, so I’ve just started an epic run right from the start of Half Life itself, through Opposing Force, Blue Shift and then on through Half Life 2 and Episode 1, before playing Episode 2! :D Hoping that will keep me entertained for the next couple of weeks until Skyrim is released.

Michael C Oct 27, 2011, 06:41pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Oct 27, 2011, 06:41pm EDT

They are often incorrect for system specs IMO, I would say what you would need to run the game at decent FPS on high settings would be something similar to:

8gb ram
560Ti/6950

That said, can't WAIT for this game. Should be the best game of the year(for PC). The best game of the year is probably Uncharted 3! 10/10

Meats_Of_Evil Oct 27, 2011, 09:29pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Oct 28, 2011, 12:25am EDT

Lol Michael, Skyrim ain't Crysis 3 to need that much hardware. Then again, 1024mb recommended!? I hope the game has extremely detailed textures and draw distance.

Also the review of Uncharted 3 on IGN was as biased as it can get. Gamespot's review was very good and detailed. Still, I would buy a PS3 just for that game and the second one... and Ratchet and Clank games. :_)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
Rhort Oct 28, 2011, 06:26am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
>> .
Michael C said:
…what you would need to run the game at decent FPS on high settings would be something similar to:

8gb ram
560Ti/6950

You know, I recognise that spec from somewhere… …can’t quite think where from, but I just *KNOW* I’ve seen it written down somewhere recently ;)

Meats_Of_Evil said:
I hope the game has extremely detailed textures and draw distance.

That’s certainly something I’m hoping to see! Oblivion promised much with what appears at first glance to be a highly customisable video settings palette, but in the end was rubbish for it, the way large artefacts, like fortresses and the Ayleid ruins, just suddenly appear in front of you; you can see the gap in the other textures where the graphic for the structure is supposed to be, but then often it doesn’t show until you’ve practically bumped into it, and I found that disappointing. I thought the graphics on the whole were good, but even on machines massively overspecced for what is admittedly a five year old game, you can’t alter the settings to show things at what I’d consider a reasonable distance; it’s hardly rocket science – NFSU2 did this years ago. The video content I’ve seen for Skyrim seems to show they’ve overcome such issues, which is something I’m looking forward to.

Michael C Oct 28, 2011, 10:23am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Well even though that is pretty much what I have exactly, I think that's what it will take.

SuPeR Xp Oct 29, 2011, 04:10pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Oct 29, 2011, 04:12pm EDT

Bloody Bulldozer or should I say bloody AMD ;)
Anyhow I Pre-Ordered Elder Scrolls V Skyrim, so now all I need is a FX 8150 when they become available. Or I will dig my heels in the dirt a little longer and get the B3 revision FX 8170 ;)

If you are wondering, I already have all the hardware for a Bulldozer based setup.8)

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.