Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1372 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 13 - 12:26am EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Videocards /

GTX570 vs 6970 what should i get? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4
GtoX (capt Guns) Nov 04, 2011, 11:41am EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: GTX570 vs 6970 what should i get?
so far im happy with the GPU...

I have however noticed a small pitch in frequency when im playing games.. Could it be Coil whine? dissappears as soon as im in 2d mode.. I dont get disturbed by it (considering i was trying to get used to my 470 sounding like a jetplane), and its not loud, but i can however hear it.. is this something that i can RMA for?

And is this bad for the cards longevity?

Main Rig--- 2700k @ 3.7ghz ,Scythe Samurai ZZ @ 54c load ASUS DCII GTX570 780mhz@64c load, P8P67-m Pro, 2x4gb xms3 1333mhz, 128gb SSD + 4x500gb lagring, OCZ Modxstream Pro 600watt, In-win Dragon Slayer 140mm+120+96mm,120mm
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Michael C Nov 04, 2011, 12:29pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I have the same thing and yes it is coil whine. Some of the more powerful cards have it while in 3D. It's unfortunate, but now that I realize what it is, and that it is not harmful to the card, I'm used to it. I can't hear it 90% of the time because I have headphones on anyway. It shouldn't cause any issues other than anooying sound. You could RMA the card, but chances are the nexr card you get will do the exact same thing.

john albrich Nov 04, 2011, 12:51pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
In combat-style games, just think of it as "enemy" Psy-Ops.

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.