Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1311 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 17 - 04:11pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Videocards /

GTX 570 or GTX580 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
Seth Hoffman Feb 13, 2012, 11:17am EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: GTX 570 or GTX580
That's the 2GB version you linked which is fine. For a 1080p display that extra 1GB of frame buffer over the standard version won't gain you much. But it may help down the road, also with the new Skyrim high resolution texture DLC you may see some performance benefits from the 2GB version.

I'd say that's a solid choice, and a great price.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Meats_Of_Evil Feb 13, 2012, 03:12pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
I saw a comparison on IGN between the high res texture pack for skyrim and the normal textures and it's a joke, the difference you gain from the high res textures is not worth the download imo. I bet there are user made texture packs that look 10 times better.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
Seth Hoffman Feb 13, 2012, 03:57pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse

Edited: Feb 13, 2012, 04:03pm EST

I saw those same comparisons, they do not do it justice. The difference is like night and day in person. I was shocked at how much better it looked.

I have completely written off IGN, in my opinion their PC team is a joke, and consoles are for people who can't think.

Seth Hoffman Feb 13, 2012, 04:02pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Back on topic, the AMD 6950s are at the same price point as that 2GB 560Ti, either one would make an excellent upgrade. Just personal preference on which vendor you prefer.

Bungle Feb 13, 2012, 04:11pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Honestly I would not buy a 6xxx series anything. Seems like a waste with all the new cards droping so soon.

I say either get a 7xxx series Radeon or an EVGA branded GeForce, the 7xxx series cards are the next gen so they will be current, the EVGA cards will qualify for the step up program so you can trade whatever it is in for a 6xx series GeForce in the next couple months. Anything else just seems like throwing money away because the price drops from new lines of GPUs are coming very shortly.

Core i7 4770K @ 4.4GHz | Corsair H110 | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H | 32GB 1866MHz Corsair Vengeance
2x EVGA GTX 780 SLI | 256GB OCZ Vector SSD | 4TB Hitachi 7K4000
Corsair AX1200 PSU | Corsair 650D | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Seth Hoffman Feb 13, 2012, 08:47pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
^ good advice

Ddanz Feb 14, 2012, 06:27pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
MrBungle said:
Honestly I would not buy a 6xxx series anything. Seems like a waste with all the new cards droping so soon.

I say either get a 7xxx series Radeon or an EVGA branded GeForce, the 7xxx series cards are the next gen so they will be current, the EVGA cards will qualify for the step up program so you can trade whatever it is in for a 6xx series GeForce in the next couple months. Anything else just seems like throwing money away because the price drops from new lines of GPUs are coming very shortly.

Oh ok, yeah I think I will go with the EVGA 560ti card since for the games I play it will be overkill.
Thanks guys! :)

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.