Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 815 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 16 - 11:18pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / HWA Community /

So whats everone up to these days? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
TamTheBam Nov 15, 2014, 06:03pm EST Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List  
>> Re: So whats everone up to these days?

Sander, get a fooking like button ffs!

....I'm back, but only as a part-timer... :)
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
DarK_SlayeR Apr 21, 2016, 02:47pm EDT Reply - Quote - Report Abuse
Private Message - Add to Buddy List

Edited: Apr 21, 2016, 02:52pm EDT

>> Re: So whats everone up to these days?
Why the f**k not...

Went into mortgage in Nov 2009. Enjoyed 3.5 yrs of unstable employment. During the time I met my first ever girlfriend (go me!). That lasted all of 9 months. In Oct 2012, while still in the mortgage industry, I began exchanging emails with a young woman who also worked for the bank. She would request closing documents from me, and I would provide them. Business emails lead into casual emails, and that spring we met for the first time (400 miles apart, we met half way). After that, I was her date to a wedding. I told her I loved her and we began a long distance relationship in June 2013. I asked her to marry me in Oct 2014, and she moved to NC to share a life with me. We got married Oct 2015.

While all of this was going on, I had been laid off at the bank (for the 2nd time in 3.5 yrs!) and wasn't able to land on my feet. Ended up working part time for a gym when unemployment ran out. Did that from Nov 2013 till March 2014. In Feb 2014, the manager who I worked for at GameStop back in 07/08 re-emerged from the past and asked for my resume. I interviewed and started working a real IT job for a very small company. Coming in the door, I knew nothing. Any knowledge I had was lost to time and out of date. Over the last 2 years, I've become fluent in all current versions of Windows (7, 8.1, 10), Windows Server 2008, 2012, Office 2010, 2013, 2016, network hardware configuration and deployment, server build and deployment, application support, technology consulting, mobile devices, printers, the list is quite long now. I currently take care of about 190 financial advisors and support staff. Just had my 2 year anniversary last month. Trying to finish the boring memorization for Net+, and this summer will be going after MCSA Windows 10.

Sold my 04 V6 mustang, and got a 03 Mustang GT. I shout people to death with the vicious hate that spews from the pipes. SPEEEEDDD!!!

I've taken a serious interest in fitness. That filled the gap that computers and games left.

Not much of a gamer anymore, and I have zip interest in overclocking or modifying a computer. Still have that trusty Core 2 Duo e8400 and an ancient 285 GTX graphics card. Its good enough for Diablo 3 and anything I want to play these days.

Hope all of you are doing well. Take it easy and have a nice life!

-------------------
Intel Core 2 Duo e8400 @ stock
Asus P5Q Pro P45
2GB x 2 Kingston HyperX DDR2 1066
eVGA GTX 550 Ti 1024mb Superclocked
Windows Vista Home Premium x64

Write a Reply >>

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.