According to survey conducted by GigaOM Company and CloudBees in 2013, with advancements in cloud technology, more than 45% of today’s business organizations and professionals use cloud computing technology in their work place or home. Cloud technology offers various benefits such as security enhancement, scalability of resources, dynamic performance and vibrant provisioning. These benefits and others have encouraged organizations to migrate to cloud to gain competitive advantage; however there are still many organizations that are hesitant to migrate for fear that the cloud will not gain acceptance from users. .
For any organization to easily adapt to the cloud, it is important to understand what this technology has to offer compared to traditional solutions, how to prepare and train employees for a cloud migration, and how to take advantage of the benefits cloud computing offers. Read on to learn more about each of these areas.
Cloud Computing vs. Traditional On-Premise Software:
1. Resource capacity elasticity: Cloud computing is more resourceful in the way it stores information and scales computing. With cloud computing, users can add or remove storage capacity instantly when they need to do so. This reduces the time of tapping the same data from fixed resources like physical storage devices. Cloud computing gives the users unlimited data storage capacity. In contrast to traditional methods of storage, it also offers more efficient data backup and recovery techniques.
2. Price utility: Traditional methods of computing require constant purchase of hardware, software, and license fees. With cloud computing, you can reduce this capital cost. Cloud computing licensing fees also comes at affordable rates compared to traditional methods of computing.
How to Prepare Staff to Accept Cloud Computing
1. Technical Training
Training is critical to successful cloud computing migration. Management should launch customized training programs to train their staff to learn about cloud computing. This involves detailed step-by-step instruction on how to use the system, either via in-person teaching or the use of tutorials. This can also be achieved with the help of a [url="http://www.silicus.com"
]Technological consulting company[/url]who can train your employees to become proficient using the new technology to enhance productivity.
2. Educating the Staff
This involves explaining the business benefits of using cloud computing and how it will increase overall efficiency. The trainers should outline the tangible benefits of adopting cloud computing and the importance on how the new system will improve company performance and productivity. This education process can take place through workshops, technical staff seminars, meetings and open forums within the organization.
3. Propagating the Advantages of using Cloud Computing
Cloud adoption can gain pace if its advantages are clearly explained to its potential users. This will not only help gain employees’ confidence in the solution, but will also result in quick migration from legacy systems. Below are some of the advantages of cloud computing you should explain to users:
1. Flexibility: Cloud computing provides on-demand bandwidth that organizations need to meet day-to-day demands as their business expands.
2. Data Recovery: Cloud computing has data backup and recovery systems that reduce data loss due to technical issues. In case of disaster, organizations using cloud computing can recover data much faster than companies using traditional methods.
3. Automatic Software Updates: Your cloud computing service provider will provide regular updates for your software.
4. Cost Efficiency: Migration to cloud computing reduces the cost of purchasing, managing, upgrading and maintaining your IT systems.
5. Security: Cloud computing comes with security suites. Data stored in cloud computing can still be accessed in case of any disaster such as power outages or machine breakdowns. It also has data backup and recovery systems.
6. Environmentally Friendly: Companies using cloud computing systems have shown a decrease in their carbon footprint usage, less energy consumption and reduced carbon emissions.
7. Communication Efficiency: Cloud computing gives your business the ability to communicate and share information easily with employees, workers or third parties across various locations. As a direct result, cloud computing allows increased flexibility and business continuity.
8. Increased Innovation: Cloud computing provides faster prototype development, testing, validation and team work. With cloud usage workers can collaborate to perform research and development projects as a team.
9. Increased Accessibility: Cloud computing provides device independence whereby applications provided via the cloud can be accessed using any device that connects to the internet such as laptops, desktops, smart phones or tablets.
Adopting cloud computing is a great strategic technology plan for organizations to consider as they strive to remain competitive. because The cloud it enhances business growth, provides continuity, increases productivity and efficiency, and offers a secure option for meeting technology needs. Organizations wishing to migrate to cloud computing need to strategize in collaboration with their employees as they will be the end-users and ultimately, help make or break a move to the cloud.