Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 400 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 02 - 08:33am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Games /

CNC Generals Zero Hour Crashes to desktop with "serious error message" 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, Next >>
Rob Chen Apr 28, 2005, 08:52pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: CNC Generals Zero Hour Crashes to desktop with "serious error message"
I bet all the developers of the game that are reading this is laughing their asses off. "OOh look how a little practical joke can go a loooooong way!"

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
j m Apr 28, 2005, 10:04pm EDT Report Abuse
If it were so easy as to actually still be having the error but not everyone has this error you get. Why can't you get that. Your like my roomate, no matter how many times an obvious fact is pointed out she cannot grasp that maybe she's wrong. If this were a software only error then why don't i get it. Why don't my freinds get it. Hell the other night on a 8 player lan part why the f**k didn't we get the error. Huh? Tell me that you little c o c k whore. You think you have this all figured out. Then make EVERYONE ELSE have the problem. Cuz they don't. Get it through your thick f**k i n g skull. Untill you realize that this thread is not just one single problem your always gonna have an open argument about how to fix it. Its both software and hardware but at least now theres solid god damn visual evidence of power being a reason in SOME cases that the game may crash out. Like i said i've helped a number of people with it that way. You completely swear though that It's not possible. Seems you otta read up and figure out a few things. Mikey your a punk a s s little kid. You really do need to grow up. In fact I should be slapped for wasting my time every time trying to give any advice because no one in this form every cares.

If you actually took the time to read through a few different forum topics, it seems the guys who allways have the suggestions and answer never have the problems yet there wrong all the time. Maybe someone else just knows something you don't.

Brian Stewart Apr 28, 2005, 10:41pm EDT Report Abuse
"If you actually took the time to read through a few different forum topics, it seems the guys who allways have the suggestions and answer never have the problems yet there wrong all the time. Maybe someone else just knows something you don't."

I've noticed that

MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum
1 GB DDR 400
Athlon 64 4600+
6800 GT
j m Apr 28, 2005, 11:34pm EDT Report Abuse
there not wrong.. its just the most unobvious reason something might not be working can't possibly be the reason when theres 10 other easier ways to do it.. right... yea ok shut up.. just because not everyone wants to take the time to try what everyone says doesn't make them wrong. But then if evberyone didn't assume everyone was giving a complete a final fix to something and realize its only a suggestion or theory.. then all this fighting wouldn't happen.

Mikey K Apr 28, 2005, 11:47pm EDT Report Abuse
hahaha its really like running round in circles with you james isnt it? This thread could go on for centuries because you dont seem to remember previous posts, you just spout the same rubbish again and again and again. Tell me jame's does the hardware control itself? or does it first need instructions from the game and then from the os, so if everything else on the computer works ok, why o why do you still continue to come to the stupendous result of it being just the hardware rather than the game's software or the games i/o control of the hardware??

FFS LOGICAL DEDUCTION! lol why doesn't it happen to everyone? Different configurations, different os, different versions of the game, different nocd patch's, different mods, etc etc.
Look at the first page of this thread, we are not talking about hardware error, the error log gives a software error code.

Asides from the fact that ive given you a viable reason with an acceptable cause, all youve said is 'its hardware', and spouted some bull about power which i think we all know is crap ;

What hardware james? there are hundreds of other posts just like this one with people testing every bit of there machines with no hardware error found, as i and many other ppl in this forum have already done. But oops wait...

The mystical hardware error which cant be found is of course true, rather than the logical software error, because james says so and all hail james. rofl!

Mikey (uk)

Rob Chen Apr 29, 2005, 01:29am EDT Report Abuse
This is the best entertainment piece on the NET!

vs4562f Apr 29, 2005, 01:53am EDT Report Abuse
Rob,

JAMES is the best entertainment on the net.

The little p***y drama queen who cannot even spell is trying to teach us about computers!

too funny! keep up the laughs james - i can't get enough of your hysterical girly crying!

Tomas

ps, you're stills**t - and it's still software!

Lance Turbo May 03, 2005, 08:08pm EDT Report Abuse
Sorry to re-hash this topic...but I'm screwed.

I have an hp pavilion a520n
bought 1 gig ram (had 512)
nVidia GeForce 4 mx integrated (64 mb)
AMD Athlon 3200 (2.20GHz)
160GB hard drive

I used to be able to play online with dial up and 2 vs. 2 (with 2 hard allies...so really 1 vs. 1 humans)

I'd fail to begin the online game from the loading game point...unless I rebooted and logged back in. I hated this, and downloaded the newer drivers from nVidia...then boom...crash fest. (Serious error...virus...overheating...don't meet min reqs) error

I upgraded my Ram to 1 gig,...and no help. It will not even load the intro to the game smoothly...it's choppy and slow...and then crashes.

Now...not sure why...but my Zuma game crashes too! Different game...maybe the 3d accelerator??? I tried the EA testing with Direct X...and it passes all tests.

It's frustrating...downloading original drivers from HP website...after downloading windows xp sp2. Rolled back to try to trouble shoot...nothing helps.

Opened up my computer today, and vacuumed out all the dust...(Lots)...but still no help.

I'm out of options. I've read and tried nearly all these options offered here...deleted folders...reinstalled generals. No help.

My gut tells me it's video driver related. Could installing Studio 9 software have done anything? I can't recall any other changes. I may have downloaded the wrong nVidia updates and now do not know how to get back to my original drivers.

I guess I could go buy a much needed video card and upgrade to DSL...but I wanted the satisfaction of at least getting back to what I had before...perfect offline play...bad online success.

Any help would be truely appreciated.

Thanks.

~Lance

Mikey K May 04, 2005, 09:53am EDT Report Abuse
I think you definatly need a new gpu before doing anything. You can pick up a 5200/5600 for next to nothing now anyway

Mikey (uk)

vs4562f May 04, 2005, 12:52pm EDT Report Abuse
Lance,

Mikey is right, but I wouldn't get the 5200 as it is problematic with that game. There are driver issues with that gfx card so I would go for an ATI card, Like Radeon 9550 which is an absolutely superb card.

regards,

Tomas

James Black May 09, 2005, 03:08am EDT Report Abuse
Hello Again!!!
I just returned from my vacations to find out that I have news from this Forum... I got excited... A new patch from the useless people of EA??? No!!! Unfortunatelly after the last failure (Patch 1.3) to find and fix the BUG there is nothing new.... But people here keep talking and talking and keep calling each other names for what??? for a but written software that does not work and probably will never do...
By the way the game works on none of the 130 pc of the internet cafe when everything else WORKS PERFECT... You don't suggest to return all the PCs back to the company that sell it as faulty because the Generals ZH junk doesn't work, do you???
LOL

Enjoy Act of War
Asta lavista

Andy Cr May 09, 2005, 04:07am EDT Report Abuse
Guys just dump this game and move on. Atari's Act of War is superb and although at first you end up thinking "it doesnt do this or that like Zero Hour" after a while you forget about Zero Hour and appreciate all the things it DOES do that Zero Hour doesnt. Like for example enabling me to play upwards of 40 very long online games to date without a single crash.

If EA wanna wash their hands on one of the best games ever made and turn their back on thousands of loyal customers then fine...vote with your feet and move onto something better. Generals 2 will be out in the nearish future and I for one won't be buying it until I'm 100% certain that its network code is solid as a rock. I'll probably get hold of an...erm..."trial" version instead and test it out thouroughly first.

Mikey K May 09, 2005, 01:31pm EDT Report Abuse
LOL, I think most of us realised zero hour was poo years ago, just a few mongles who are clinging onto these problems being hardware related, i dont even play it anymore.

Ea says they are working on a new red alert game at the moment, needless to say if i bother at all with it, itll be a bittorrent download, after paying for the last crap stabber they released, lol.

I have act of war, although i do think it is good, i think dawn of war is far better, especially with the graphics turned up, im looking forward to the new 'winter' expansion thats out in autumn!!

Mikey (uk)
Intel P4 3Ghz, 1 GB DDR400
NVidia Geforce 6800 GT 256MBgDDR3

Rob Chen May 09, 2005, 01:41pm EDT Report Abuse
Red Alert? I thought EA cancelled it.

-Rob

Brian Piscitelli May 09, 2005, 06:48pm EDT Report Abuse
Yes RA3... they were gunna make CnC3 but they are working on RA3 instead.

http://www.cncden.com/cnc3_news.shtml

Bob Dog May 15, 2005, 09:28pm EDT Report Abuse
OK so I just read through all 26 count 'em pages of this thread after having this error on all five of my PC's on my home network on a variety of platforms from the cat's a$$ to the peices of excrement that I built for my kids to bang around on. If you people haven't figured out yet that James and Brian whatever are shills for EA trying to throw you off the stinky scent coming from the zero hour boxes then you are just plain dopes. I am a 40 year old engineer that has been in and out of the guts of PC's and programming, and you can believe that I know what I am doing. I have no need to justify my knowledge by posting scraps of logs and bits of code. All I can say is I hope you two dorks are getting well compensated for prostituting yourselves on this forum. Nuff said. As for others, such as myself, who are sick to death of dropping 50 bucks on steaming piles such as this please do as I do and vote with your feet, I know I am. Age of Empires III is coming in the fall, and I can't wait. I suggest to the buttheads over at EA to check out Ensemble Studios, and take a lesson in responding to your customer base as opposed to turning your back on them. 65 bucks for Madden??? You must be kidding me.

James Black May 16, 2005, 05:13am EDT Report Abuse
I have to agree with Bob to this....
No need to buy again an EA product... I dont want to risk money on unsupported products... I'll vote my money on other companys, and for EA games there are other ways..... (bit... tor... END)

thomas tomat Jun 02, 2005, 04:24am EDT Report Abuse

matt liley Jun 15, 2005, 02:31pm EDT Report Abuse
i cant even open the game i get it on the loading screen when u first start it up its realy annoying i havent been able to play for 2 days now and me and my mate have tried everything short of total disk format. it was fine untill now and ive been playing for months

vs4562f Sep 12, 2005, 03:04pm EDT Report Abuse
Hi, Someone from on this thread sent me an email about a lawsuit against EA about this game, but I deleted it by accident. Not sure who it was.

Sorry about that, I wasn't ignoring your email, just slipped up,

regards,

Tomas

BTW - get Cold War Crisis when it comes out - it's THE ULTIMATE MOD for ZH (there are other very good ones as well!)

http://www.cold-war-crisis.de

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.