Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 540 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 02 - 08:45am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Games /

CNC Generals Zero Hour Crashes to desktop with "serious error message" 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, Next >>
Anthony Coons Mar 02, 2004, 11:02pm EST Report Abuse
>> Re: CNC Generals Zero Hour Crashes to desktop with "serious error message"
Thank you!! I will look forward to your reply as for the old drivers I have the one that came with the video card it does not work either that is why I updated my driver in the first place tks anyway. :)

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Marco Borzik Mar 03, 2004, 02:55pm EST Report Abuse
Ok, your should have an file called sysinfo.exe. Start this programm and you should find your irqs. Go to sharing and tell me what you find there. Then I can help you to solve your problem. It's hard to describe because I'm from germany and we have several "own" words, so don't be that happy now, because maybe I can't help you.

Anthony Coons Mar 03, 2004, 08:59pm EST Report Abuse

Anthony Coons Mar 03, 2004, 09:00pm EST Report Abuse
OOPS I posted way to many times!

Anthony Coons Mar 03, 2004, 09:09pm EST Report Abuse

Marco Borzik Mar 04, 2004, 07:48am EST Report Abuse
Damned!!! There is no IRQs in your sysinfo. I don't know what to say... Ok.This is what I can do for you. My Teacher in Maths is pretty good in such problems. He helped me with my IRQ less or equal problem. So I printed this and I will show him what you got. This may take a few days because I will see him on Monday. But I promise you that I will post here again to help you. Maybe I can find him in "his" room tomorrow but I can't be sure.

Rich Giannone Mar 05, 2004, 03:24pm EST Report Abuse
>> "serious error message" due to RAM config?
Hi everyone...

I have just recently starting receiving the "serious error message" that everyone here is knows all to well. The only changes to my system have been:

1) Installing a 512mb PC2700 DDR module to supplement my 256mb PC2700 module for a total of 768mb.
2) Increasing the page file to accomodate the memory addition.
3) Changing the graphics settings in ZH to High Quality.

I even get this error when playing the General's Challenge w/o much lag.

What I want to know is if everyone getting this error has two sticks of RAM installed as ZH worked perfectly for me when I only had my lonely 256mb of RAM. I am going to try removing the 256 module and seeing if the sole 512 causes the error.

I know this was covered in an earlier post... just wanted to put my 2 cents in.

Andy Cr Mar 05, 2004, 03:41pm EST Report Abuse
no I only have 1 stick of 512MB XMS2700 Corsair in mine. ALthough Im on the verge of adding another stick of the same.

I would say out of the changes you listed the most relevant has to be upping the ZH graphics quality level wouldnt you say?????

Ultimately Im convinced the problem is in the game code and only EA can sort it and they dont give as**t.

Rich Giannone Mar 05, 2004, 04:30pm EST Report Abuse
Yeah, I agree... the graphics level is probably doing it.... oh well... that's what I get for trying to make a more enjoyable playing experience.

Orlando Ferrante Mar 08, 2004, 01:32pm EST Report Abuse
You're right Andy. EA Games doesn't give as**t! They probably feel they don't have to. Its easier and far cheaper to blame the end user's PC or PC Hardware.

Anthony Coons Mar 08, 2004, 09:12pm EST Report Abuse
Damn I just wish they would put C&C back in the hands of wesrwood studios. I have had no other problems with there any of westwood studio C&C games (at not problems with the game itself only my comp)

Roger Chung Mar 11, 2004, 04:27pm EST Report Abuse

pal Mar 12, 2004, 12:59pm EST Report Abuse
any resolution now to the problem now? obviously igot the same problem..

pal Mar 12, 2004, 12:59pm EST Report Abuse
any resolution now to the problem now? obviously igot the same problem..

k leb Mar 13, 2004, 06:25pm EST Report Abuse
Hey there I got the same problem and some more too. even with Generals, my game freezes and I need t reboot my computer each time. Altought for this problem it seems taht by the fact of saving often my games tend to settle this problem but if I forget, after 5 minutes or soo the game crash. (thats in both version generals and zero hour) and I also get the serious errors**t with zero hour from the point of loading the game or during the game play. Those damn dogs at EA games told me my hardware was in cause by after reading this I realize its that stupid game. Whats funny is that I have no problems with other EA games such as Underground or NHL. Damn I miss the god old Westwood time.

Mr. Baseball Mar 14, 2004, 04:00pm EST Report Abuse
Here is something that I noticed. I have played this game for months without a hitch. After a while I got bored playing the computer, so I decided to go out online and downloaded the patch and the game worked fine.

I played from a couple of weeks and was having a blast but everyone complained that I was too slow and recommended that I update my drivers. Being a Dumb A$$, I decided to follow their advice and became a new problem child. The only change I made to my system was the driver. I reinstalled the old driver and the game still chokes.

Firmly believing that their was a corrupted file I blew the game away and then reinstalled it only to get really frustrated because it is still crashing. I believe that the error is related to the video drivers somehow. Any thoughts????

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.