Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1657 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 03 - 08:25pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Motherboards /

Help with ASUS A7N266-VM 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, Next >>
Mike Pacheco Nov 01, 2003, 02:24am EST Report Abuse
>> Re: HELP!!! ASUS A7N266-VM
>i think your cpu is covered with dusk or any dirth
>this always happen if you never care to keep your pc clean

Heh...no, I don't think so. These are brand new systems that Adrian and I were setting up. In my instance, the motherboard wasn't even in its case yet, I had just opened up the package, hooked everything up and was still testing it on top of a cardboard box. There wasn't even enough time for dust to even THINK about getting on it when these strange instances occured. ;)

And as far as static energy is concerned, I always use a static wrist strap when building new systems, so that can't be it either.

It just HAS to do with Asus messing with our heads. ;) :D

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Adrian Rhodes Nov 01, 2003, 09:29am EST Report Abuse
>These are brand new systems that Adrian and I were setting up.

aye every came in static proof bags and where possible in their retail boxes
dust should not have been a problem.

as for our 4Gb friend have you made sure the jumpers aint set on capacity limiter?

patrick durbin Nov 02, 2003, 02:43am EST Report Abuse
I boutht me anew one this one is screwd up lol

joe jones Nov 02, 2003, 04:08pm EST Report Abuse
I got this board to OC with an ATi card in it. I have a 8500le 64MB . I dont know exactly what i did. I have upgraded from 98se to xp pro, but im sure i tried to OC after that upgrade and i didnt work. Also bought a 2400+. Anyway i had to reset my bios for some reason and the FSB gets set back to 100MHz. So while putting it up to 133MHz i decided to try it a bit higher and , WOOT , it holds fine. Have OC'ed to 2.3 gigs on stock with the ATi card.

Milt Nov 02, 2003, 05:57pm EST Report Abuse
>> joe jones
Do you know which version of BIOS you are using?
Any other clues?

joe jones Nov 02, 2003, 07:49pm EST Report Abuse

esro mazrin Nov 02, 2003, 09:08pm EST Report Abuse
as for our 4Gb friend have you made sure the jumpers aint set on capacity limiter?

no, the jumper cap. limiter does not set

esro mazrin Nov 02, 2003, 09:15pm EST Report Abuse
>you'll have to use some sort of software like 'MaxBlast'

i'll try to find one

TQ

esro mazrin Nov 08, 2003, 01:29pm EST Report Abuse
refer to my problem Oct 14, 2003, 09:58 AM (page 28)

i receive my mobo and i had tried the sugestion but still problem,

actualy they replace my mobo with a new one, with bios that upgraded to 1007

what i had done
1-update my scsi bios
2-install win2000 driver
3-tried to install win98

got other idea?

esro mazrin Nov 10, 2003, 08:30am EST Report Abuse
hello
is there any one

1-when intalling my windows98, i found that my my vga cannot response coretly

my monitor turn blank and i had to run in save move to unistall my vga

i had update my vga but still problem

i'm also update my scsi driver, also got same problem

2- for my winxp, i even couldn't run the installation, it halt even when the system setup

joe jones Nov 10, 2003, 08:34am EST Report Abuse
@esro mazrin

For Win XP, try resettings the bios, then Win XP may load. Does it stop at the point, ' Windows is inpecting your hardware configuration' ?

Karthik Joy Nov 12, 2003, 12:09am EST Report Abuse
Does anybody have this configuration like mine and is able to play vcd's properly in win98 second edition?

AMD ATHLON XP-2400
ASUS A7N266-VM/SE(INTEGARTED GEFORCE 2)
256 MB DDR RAM
WINDOWS 98 SECOND EDITION
WINODWS MEDIA PLAYER(any version)

my problem i when i play vcd files in windows 98 second edition,they play too fast as if i were fast forwading the video at a speed of 4x!however,the videos play good in windows xp installed in the same system.

also,
When i start WIN98 SE,i get the following error in a blue screen even before the desktop could be shown and system hangs:

"A fatal exception OE has occured in 0167:BFF8AB97.The current application will be terminated."

please help me.

joe jones Nov 12, 2003, 07:39am EST Report Abuse
@Karthik Joy I can almost promise you that its win98 thats at fault. I upgraded to Win XP pro and i have no probems whatsover now, i have no driver installation errorsno random blue screen , no random restarts, no constant freezing up etc...

esro mazrin Nov 12, 2003, 10:42am EST Report Abuse
@joe jones

-->For Win XP, try resettings the bios, then Win XP may load. Does it stop at the point, ' Windows is
-->inpecting your hardware configuration' ?

thanks for your sugestion.

yes there is probelm with my hardware, but not with morherboard,, its my scsii hdd

it because my scsii not funtion well, there is no updated driver from adaptec supplier for winXP. so I gave up,
now there is no problem since i bougth a new hardisk.

my system run greet

by the way, thanks a lot. thanks to you to mike

James Hunter Nov 30, 2003, 08:27pm EST Report Abuse
First time poster so please don't shoot me.

Recently purchased ASUS A7N266 VM + lots of goodies
Anyway put everything in the case, all fitted nicely. Fired it up, formatted, installed Win 98, everything fine. Followed the manual with the installation of drivers for Win98, did the first three, again fine. Tried to install audio drivers not fine. Got bounced between the win98 cd and the Asus cd. Then things got really bl***y interesting. The Graphics card I got for it is a Gainward FX5600 (Ultra 780 TV/DVI 256MB RAM), installed the drivers and eerything was fine or so i thought. Put on 3DBenchmark 2000 and 2003, and Aquamark. Try running these benchmarks and it monumentally stuffs up saying "Invalid call" or "Could not initialise 3D Accelerator".

Any ideas please cos at the moment it's just a very expensive neon light!! (yes its sad but it came with the case!)

Jim

joe jones Nov 30, 2003, 08:32pm EST Report Abuse
@ the post above .

To solve all your problems get rid of win 98 and get xp. end of story.

James Hunter Nov 30, 2003, 08:47pm EST Report Abuse
I hear what you are saying, but I'm stuck with Win98 at the moment. Any other ideas except throwing money at Bill Gates?

Mike Pacheco Dec 01, 2003, 11:19am EST Report Abuse
@James

I really wouldn't confide on any drivers that came with the original CD as a lot has changed since the mobo's release. I would first download the latest chipset drivers from NVidia ( http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_win9x_2.41 ), latest video card driver, etc and store it all in one easily accessible folder. Then, uninstall your graphics drivers, whatever sound drivers you have (what are you using for sound? the motherboard's implementation or a seperate sound card??), your motherboard chipset drivers, etc. Reboot.
1. Install the new chipset drivers FIRST. This should contain your sound drivers also if you're using the motherboard's implementation. Reboot.
2. Install the new video card drivers. Reboot.

If this doesn't work and then your drivers may not have uninstalled properly and maybe conflicting with each other. In that case, re-install Win98 and install the newest downloaded drivers right afterward.

esro mazrin Dec 03, 2003, 05:30am EST Report Abuse
i'm always install my modem and connect to internet using windows "dial up networking" that is in "Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Communications". ihear thre is another way to connect to the internet without using dial up networking. could someone tell me how?

Mike Pacheco Dec 03, 2003, 10:35am EST Report Abuse
Heh...there are many ways to connect to the internet without having to use dial-up networking. ;) If you're considering broadband which would mean that you have a Cable or DSL modem connected to the internet all the time, then as long as your computer is on, it is always connected to the internet. You would need a Cable modem or DSL modem for that connection and it is connected to the PC through a ethernet cable (so it is as if you're computer is on a network) or it can be connected through a USB cable if you're modem supports it. I'm not sure of your local area but some of the big ISPs that provide broadband connection are Cox, Comcast, Qwest, etc.) You'd have to find what's available to you locally. There are other ways but perhaps the above would be most feasible for you. ;)

If you're asking if there's another way to connect to the internet through dial-up without having to use the MS dial-up networking software, then this would have to depend on your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Some ISPs use their own proprietary dial-up software while other will allow you to download/use other shareware/freeware dial-up software. To tell you the truth, all dial-up software/connections are pretty much the same. The real fun begins when you decide to go broadband. :D

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.