Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 178 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s November 26 - 04:57am EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Videocards /

EVERYBODY LEND ME YOURE EAR COME HERE AND VOTE FOR YOURE FAVORITE VIDEO CARD :) 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, Next >>
Carter Sudeith Nov 27, 2003, 04:05pm EST Report Abuse
>> Re: EVERYBODY LEND ME YOURE EAR COME HERE AND VOTE FOR YOURE FAVORITE VIDEO CARD :)
Reflex, it takes a big man to admit he's using the wrong card!
I congratulate you for seeing through the ATI hype.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Frank B Nov 27, 2003, 04:16pm EST Report Abuse
>> Re: EVERYBODY LEND ME YOURE EAR COME HERE AND VOTE FOR YOURE FAVORITE VIDEO CARD :)
Carter I'm not sure from what section of nvidia's website you pulled all this bs, but you couldn't possibly be more dead wrong. Especially when you said Ati can't expect to sell a card for $500 dollars. I work at a Best Buy store in Wisconsin and we can't keep the 9800 XT's in stock. Ati is currently leaps and bounds above nvidia in terms of the quality and speed of their cards. Try checking out http://www.tomshardware.com for stats.

Intel P4 socket 478 3.0C ghz
Intel 865P
1024 mb Crucial PC 3200
4 Western Digital 160 gig HD
Antec 550W PSU
Bill N Nov 27, 2003, 07:34pm EST Report Abuse
After Upgrading to a 9800xt last week from a Geforce4 ti4600 I must say ATI BLOWS!! This thing looks like a fresh coat of primer.. my geforce was bright and colorfull Not to mention the ATI is shutting my sony trinitron off when ever it feels like it.. and won't let me into the menu without shutting it off first.. My geforece played teamfortress all day with no less than 95 FPS the ati drops to 60 most of the time and it's set for performance.. Was my first Ati and MY LAST.. now i remember why i never bought one before

Carter Sudeith Nov 27, 2003, 07:49pm EST Report Abuse
I have read the article. And yes, I acknowledge that the 9800XT is having trouble staying in stock. However, what you didn't mention was that nVidia has had the features the 9800XT debuted with for 2 series. The ATI sells so well because of HYPE. It was one of the most heavily anticipated cards ever, for the sole reason that it was advertised quite heavily. Also, as mentioned on another page, ATI releases new cards so often, it's hard to stay on top. nVidia cards last longer. I still use a TNT2 on my old computer, great card, can even play Vice City at a full 30FPS.
Oh and that comment about the 9800XT not being $500 bucks is total BS, unless you meant that the price isn't keeping people from buying it. Even then, ask most nVidia users why they continue to use NV, and most'll tell you that ATI is just too damn expensive.

cesar chocoa Nov 28, 2003, 01:20am EST Report Abuse
so from what im hearing i think a 5950 ultra is cool for me because im going to play a mix of old games with realy old games and some new games and i don't want no blocky piece of crap graphics but that will be once in a while most of the time i need exellent video quality an 2D performance

Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Nov 28, 2003, 01:40am EST Report Abuse
Id Go Third Party on Boards Myself, but it depends on Boards u have and such, SIS 648 Chipset isnt stable with AGP 8x with ATI Radeon 9700 Pro. 865 Intel is. But Im waiting for the next in line VPUs/GPUs like ATI Radeon 10000 or 12000, 6000/6500 Geforce FX.

AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ (133x14= 1867MHz) (209x11= 2299MHz)
DFI LP NF2 Ultra-B (Hellfire 3EG Rev2)
Antec SX800, Neo HE 500, 4 Antec 8CM Fans
Thermalright SI-97 1 Antec Tricool 12CM Fan
CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Barracuda HDs (250/400)
2x Samsung Write
Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Nov 28, 2003, 01:45am EST Report Abuse
But as of Moment id go with Radeon 9800 Pro 256 MB Or 9800 XT 256 From Third Party.

CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Samsung Write
Stuart C Nov 28, 2003, 03:45am EST Report Abuse
I think many people here seem to have forgotten that its ATI not NVIDIA who give the nicer graphical output. The screen quality is much nicer with ATI cards. Its a fact.

Mark Yoseph Nov 28, 2003, 04:38am EST Report Abuse
waw... confusing...

Hmm... how many % of total pc you've built error using ATI ? How about Nvidia ?

I just want to know :-p

EDF oaqWJDFHHILASW Nov 28, 2003, 05:50am EST Report Abuse
In Terms of both Nvidia and ATI, "ATI cards have indeed better graphic quality, but downside lower FPS" however with Nvidia "Nvidia cards have much FASTER FPS plus all around game compatabilities, Downside for nvidia "Nothing really apart from a very very low article story about a little disincompatibility for DX9 games even though it works fine.."

I sudgest if u want the best money for a buck and a card that performs perfectly in everyway Nvidia Cards are the ones.
If You want Expensive highly overclockable and everyday Driver updates to keep ur ATI up and running GET ATI. Good for visual but not for extreme intence gamist alike.
Solution is for which cards are the best i sudgest this 2 cards here will solve all ur gaming needs as im now fan for both, "im a lover not a mumbler.:
GainwardsCOOL FX powerpack GOLDEN Edition ( Fastest Graphic CARD ) :)
Radeon 9800XT :)

Carter Sudeith Nov 28, 2003, 11:06am EST Report Abuse
It's all a personal preference. If you don't have much experience with either, just pick the one that looks the most impressive to you. Whichever one you pick will dictate which company you'll be a fan of... Unless you get a dud card...
All I'm saying is, for in-between new and old gaming, try either a Radeon 9200SE or an FX 5600 (the Palit Daytonas work very nicely).

cesar chocoa Nov 28, 2003, 03:24pm EST Report Abuse
ok so how long do you guys think it will take nvidia and ati to come up with a new card and not just
overcloking the ati 9800 or fx 5950 like those two i mean a completely new chipset all new fan and an overall
card that has a very noticeble improvement in every day enviorment.

i saw that one of you said that they are waiting for the ati 10000 or 6000/6500fx when do you think they might come out with it?

Josh Butler Nov 28, 2003, 05:56pm EST Report Abuse
Above I was talking to Bill N....

*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*
ABIT KN8-SLI
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.8GHz
2GB G.Skill PC4000 RAM
PNY nVIDIA GeForce 7900GS
250GB 16MB Cache SATA Western Digital
more in-depth specs in profile
EDF oaqWJDFHHILASW Nov 28, 2003, 08:01pm EST Report Abuse
Hi guys.

Heres the way to settle ur Guesses and own personal thoughts about nvidia and ati. "Gainward Co., Ltd., the leading manufacturer of high performance 3D graphics and home entertainment accelerators, announces that it will be first to market with the world's most powerful 3D graphics processor board >>>"""integrating NVIDIA's GeForce FX 5950 Ultra technology on Gainward's advanced, water-cooled,""""" <<<
High-Performance/Wide-BandwidthTM hardware design." dont believe me check this out if ur a Nvidia FX Fan. http://www.gainward.com/ go to product and select COOLFX Powerpack, ;) plus for ati, i dont know ati updates all the time so i dont have any comment for thems...

Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Nov 30, 2003, 05:39pm EST Report Abuse
To All those People with Windows XP u really need to get the Blasterworm patch if the system shuts down randomly this goes to Bill N especially, not to mention if u forgot u need to remove previous drivers and dont expect High End power from a low end card like the 9100 and such.

CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Samsung Write
Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Nov 30, 2003, 05:46pm EST Report Abuse
oops i mean 9800XT, U may also want to try the Catalyst 3.8 or 3.9, for me Under AGP 4x(SIS 648 CHIPSET CRAP AGP 8x unstable)with Cat 3.9 crashes randomly so i had to go with 3.8, not to mention if u dont have a AGP 8x u wont be able to take advantage of the Cards Capabilities, oh u could have went with the one right under XT, the 9800 Pro 128MB(or 256MB dont know if they have a Pro 256), u may also want to use third Party instead considering the Original boards that come out of ATI are reference basically.Oh I know that Visiontek has a 256MB 9800 Pro.

CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Samsung Write
Matt R. Nov 30, 2003, 05:57pm EST Report Abuse
I would recomend the 9800Pro or 9800 because with 3.9cat's and a easy flash you can get a pro...but right now I'm having so many temperature problems with mine that...well nvidia is good for stablility. The thing with the nvidia cards is some suck at lighting complexes while others work just fine. There is a risk to everything. You can get an ATI Radeon that doesn't heat up or you get one that explodes. You can get a Geforce TI(which i recomend) or an FX which i HATE. The fx cards ...i have gone through both a 5200Ultra and 5600Ultra suck. The brands i was using were PNY(blows) and EVGA which is alright. BUt right now the ATI Radeon 9800 is the best bet because ATI has special features with HL2 and is coming along very well in AMAZING picture quality and seemless FPS. I rather have a card that gets a straight 60fps then one that changes from 90fps to 23fps (talking the FX cards i have experienced).

Good luck on your decission...I'm on my 7th card right now, 17 years old, and play video games on PC everyday...so I'm talking from some experience here. One thing to keep in mind though is you will need an External Power Supply with all of these newer cards and GOOD Voltage/Power supply. Without that might as well get something older.

AMD 2600+ Barton @ 3000+ 400fsb
Tt Silent Boost (support 3400+)
512mb Corsair XMS PC-3200
AK79D-400VN AOpen nForce2 Ultra 400
ATI Radeon flashed 9800 Pro
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2
WDD 40gig 7200rpm
WDD 20gig 7200rpm
Aspire Alien-X 420w PSU
sam vanderpool Nov 30, 2003, 06:30pm EST Report Abuse
i must say i have had some horrible luck with my nV 5200 ultra the graphics are nice the driver is very buggy weird for nV i was reading and everybody was saying how nV has solid drivers and all that not here lately there is even 3-4 forums on this website about how bad of a card nV produced im gonna try ATI and see what happens

Evan B Nov 30, 2003, 07:15pm EST Report Abuse
ATI Rules

PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Carson King Nov 30, 2003, 07:40pm EST Report Abuse
dont even mess with ati....NEVER TRUST THEM

BOTH MY FRIENDS 9800's dont work in their computers but for some oddball reason they traded them and now they work (one built by ati and one powered)

i have had so many problems with my 9600 pro that i converted to my 5700 ultra

no problems ever my games dont lag and it out performs the 9600 pro for the budget minded

NVIDIA FX 5700 ULTRA!!!!!

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.