Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 234 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 03 - 01:10pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Videocards /

EVERYBODY LEND ME YOURE EAR COME HERE AND VOTE FOR YOURE FAVORITE VIDEO CARD :) 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3
Josh Butler Nov 30, 2003, 07:43pm EST Report Abuse
>> Re: EVERYBODY LEND ME YOURE EAR COME HERE AND VOTE FOR YOURE FAVORITE VIDEO CARD :)
Maybe you guys are having hardware issues...But, the vast majority of us aren't....

*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*
ABIT KN8-SLI
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.8GHz
2GB G.Skill PC4000 RAM
PNY nVIDIA GeForce 7900GS
250GB 16MB Cache SATA Western Digital
more in-depth specs in profile
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Bill N Nov 30, 2003, 08:00pm EST Report Abuse
>> Re: EVERYBODY LEND ME YOURE EAR COME HERE AND VOTE FOR YOURE FAVORITE VIDEO CARD :)
Returned my 9800xt to best buy today and Put my Geforce4 ti4600 back in.. Looks Much more colorrful than that POS ati. not as fast but then it shouldn't be

PLEASE FORGIVE ME NVIDIA.. I promise i'll never waste another nickle on ATI nevermind the $500 I have wait 10 days to get back LOL

Evan B Nov 30, 2003, 09:33pm EST Report Abuse
:( Puhhhlease lol maybe, just maybe another piece of your comp is a POS?? I'll bet you didnt update any of your mobo drivers, agp etc. Their is absolutely no reason why a 9800 Xt would perform less than stellar even in your gf4 ti friendly comp. Yes, it may have been defective but that doesnt mean all ATI cards are. If I do recall their is an Nvidia line of cards called the FX series.....they are and always will be defective and no driver update will save it from utter destruction in the global GPU/VPU market. :)

Peace
Ev

Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Nov 30, 2003, 09:54pm EST Report Abuse
If u understand this its laziness not to update anything.

AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ (133x14= 1867MHz) (209x11= 2299MHz)
DFI LP NF2 Ultra-B (Hellfire 3EG Rev2)
Antec SX800, Neo HE 500, 4 Antec 8CM Fans
Thermalright SI-97 1 Antec Tricool 12CM Fan
CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Barracuda HDs (250/400)
2x Samsung Write
Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Nov 30, 2003, 09:57pm EST Report Abuse
Hardware Problems, U need a Damn good Powersupply a Good Motherboard With a Good chipset, Good ram, good cooling for the case itself, Chipset Cooler for Mobo.

CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Samsung Write
Caveman017 Nov 30, 2003, 10:08pm EST Report Abuse
AiT RaDeOn 9500 PrO

Sincerely,
Brandon G.

~~I'd like to think about myself as a very advanced computer technician but it wont happen till i get a job:)
Bill N Dec 01, 2003, 11:49am EST Report Abuse
I assure you I'm quite capable of putting together a computer. I never build a system or upgrade hardware without getting whatever driver updates are needed first. And as a rule of thumb I usually stay as far away from ATI as Possible and thiss**t box 9800xt only reminds me why ati stinks.. yeah it's fast but so what.
A dodge Viper is fast too.. But it's still a DODGE :)-

Abit Ic7,Pent4 2.4 800 fsb, 1024 corsair pc3200, Thermaltake Xaser III v1000a, 480 watt silent purepower PS
Audigy2

Jarret M. Dec 01, 2003, 12:29pm EST Report Abuse
OOps

Jarret M. Dec 01, 2003, 12:30pm EST Report Abuse
I just want to say that I'm still using a nvidia GF2 Ti, and I haven't run into any issues with lag. On the newest games I have to tune down the graphics and run them at 800x600 instead of the usual 1024x768.... but really, for the 100 bucks I spent 2 years ago, the card held up well. And that's why, when I upgrade if a few months, its going to be a FX 5600 or possibly a GF4 TI 4800 if the price comes down a bit.

You just can't beat the driver support from NVidia. They build new drivers all the time which improve performance and stability issues in new games.

For the price... I would say definitely go with a Geforce card.

Jarret

AMD 750mHz
GF2 TI 64mb

GODWHEAT Dec 01, 2003, 01:14pm EST Report Abuse
both ati and nvida have thier good and bad points.
they both reached the max for these chipsets.
now all they do is tweak the core and mem. and in the case of nvida put a leaf blower on it?
i have owned and installed a lot of vid cards .
ati seems to be out front by just a little.
500$ or 100 $ you buy the card you can afford and live with it.
if it gives you over 30 frps in your favorite game , with all the eye candy on you should be happy.
people blame the manufactures for bad cards.
if a company released 50 % bad cards they would be out of customers really fast.
people are fast to blame the companies for thier own inability to install and use these vid cards.
when you push these cards to the limit like they have , you will see if the rest of your sys is up to snuff.
this a graphics rat race for 2% here 3% there, 600 $ here 700 $ there.
are you a man or a rat ????

SEE PROFILE FOR 3 MACHINE SPECS
Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Dec 01, 2003, 09:43pm EST Report Abuse
Point is now For Gamers U want to Have Graphics max and be able to play online without any Graphics LAG.

CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Samsung Write

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.