Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 975 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s August 16 - 12:22am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Off Topic /

Saddam Hussein CAPTURED!! 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, Next >>
ROY G Dec 19, 2003, 12:57am EST Report Abuse
>> Re: Saddam Hussein CAPTURED!!
Europeans just don`t seem to get it. It was the USA that they bombed !!!! Money is not the issue.If these crazy`s don`t get the pressure put on them now it will get worse not better.Some people can`t be reasoned with,these people happen to be the SOME people. Politically correct, I wonder if it were little green men from outerspace if we would just turn our heads and not look at them when we see them on a plane or even in a store. Answer NO !! We would be looking for little green men everywhere and be suspicious of them no matter where we seen them. So I don`t feel bad looking at these type people ,we know what part of the world they are from ,it showed their pictures,and their country from which they came . I am not intimidated by looking at them suspiciously ,or saying where they come from.And neither should the rest of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA.Also my hat is off to MR. BUSH --MY President and my hat is also off to Josh Calvert for his earlier post on this thread , Great work Josh, good info. for the deaf and dumb.And certainly BLIND.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
ray Stephens Dec 19, 2003, 01:01am EST Report Abuse
I wonder what kind of "manipulation" they will use to get Saddam to talk. If you ask me, you can throw the Geneva Conventions out the door for this particular case.

ROY G Dec 19, 2003, 01:04am EST Report Abuse
Geneva convention has only been used by the USA and Britian,the rest of the world must have never read it.They certainly don`t adhere to it.

Wildwood Dec 19, 2003, 01:25am EST Report Abuse
Hrm...

I hesitated to post this here. I save such things for other, more political forums. But maybe a few will enjoy this. It's a video I came accross a while ago. I submit, for your entertainment, a video that is not for the tender ones:

http://www.grouchymedia.com/die_terrorists_die.cfm

And another if you liked that one:

http://wardy.twinsburgh.com/Movies/bodies.htm

ReaverOfCheesecake Jan 21, 2004, 03:32pm EST Report Abuse
This may kick up a bit of a stink with you Roy G but in terms of being bombed the British have had it for years and years. Think IRA and the funding was based on drugs and other stuff shiped accross fom america and other places. At the Time the American government did nothing up their end to help prevent their funding (drugs) and we kept getting bombed so i'm sorry that you think that we have no idea cause we do. i'm not critisising you country for doing nothing at the time as we have been just as bad in some situations but if you think that your country (not trying to create a divide here personnally as we fought the war together) knows suffering better than any other nation then i beg to differ.

ray Stephens Jan 23, 2004, 05:36pm EST Report Abuse
Ah the IRA? Just a question from an ignorant American.... but why does England hold on to Northern Ireland. You have already given back most of your former Empire, the last great piece of land was Hong Kong. I'm not trying to be rude, I actually want to know. Is it the religious difference? The Protestants vs. the Catholics? I am not very informed on the subject. Thanks.

Well Saddam is now a POW, so I guess we have to tolerate the Geneva Conventions for now. We (the US and UK) are probably trying to get as much info from him as possibly. Once he is dry, we'll probably throw him info the pack of wolves he has brutalized for years.

I don't know if you guys know this, but the Western World has been fighting nonstop with the Middle East for over 1,000 years. Ever hear of the Crusades, or the Ottoman Empire, or Constantinople (currently called Istanbul). It is a war that sadly will probably never end. Even though we have helped the Iraqis, they probably still resent us, but not so much as before.

cesar chocoa Jan 23, 2004, 09:39pm EST Report Abuse
ok i know that there are many people who wanted a war. now i like guns cars and women just like any other red blooded american,but the reason for war is not very clear. and i c'mon i know that you know that all of the people that voted for bush are idiots.you guys chose a hell of a president.first, bush is racest (not openly but he is),he loves killing,you can tell this man is an idiot and just to through this in: he was a cheerleader in high school. I was mailed this joke intervewi with bush.but i found it to be very true:

interveiw with bush

anonymous person:mr. bush what started the war on terrorism

bush w. goerge (sorry the president miss-spelled his name he is kinda dumb): why it was the 9/11 attack

ap:so you found out that osama was behind this

bw: yep yes sery

ap:did you find him?

bw: nope

ap:well.....then what

bw:we decided to go after saddam hussein

ap:why?

bw:he had wepons of mass destruction

ap:really? were?

bw:we don't know, but the threat was there

ap:mmm i see so the waste of billions of dollars was necessary?

bw:well since we didn't find wepons we had to charge him of something.......sooo we went with genocide

ap: but why rebuild it

bw:well why not.why spend our money on us,when we can rebuild a 3rd world country full of people who don't like us that much.it is just logical

ap:???

ap:well we can give the money away to neede families or rebuild our roads building and cities and create jobs for does who need it improve our schools so every one can attend college improve our corrupt police system or invest in our economy or ........

bw: yes yes but thats over rated.we don't need the extra poor people.schools are crowded so it's better if some kids fail.and who need a new road system when you have youre own private jet.

ap:???uhmmm not every one has a jet

bw: well they should

ap:well whats next

bw: don't really know but what ever it is it's going to cost big bucks haha

ap:is any one helping us. i mean who pays for all of this?

bw: the idiots that pay their taxes

ap: i would think that they would want their taxes to pay for things they need, and not to pay for some iraqs re-construction

bw: but it is the right thing to do. we must help our fellow brothers recuparate from their loss

ap:but you are the the reason for their "loss".

bw: but still they need help

ap:but aren't they sitting on top of oil. they don't need our help

bw: you know what! this interveiw is over!

ray Stephens Jan 23, 2004, 10:32pm EST Report Abuse

ROY G Jan 23, 2004, 10:33pm EST Report Abuse
River, I hope I hav`nt been misunderstood ?? I am not saying the USA has been bombed more than Europe.And we the USA owe a great deal to the British,for many things. I guess I need to clear up a few things.When I said Europe,I am not including England. You can say North America and not mean Canada.But for anyone in another country ,(any country) to say we the USA ,should not have done what we done by going into Afgahnastan,or Iraq,is foolish.I am saying don`t judge us ,by saying we should just try diplomatic ,and any other way except force. WE were the ones attacted on 9/11 not any other country.We were the ones targeted for humilation,because we have always talked and used diplomacy,when at times we should have used force. I do believe we have been more than helpful in almost every situation around the world,humanitiarian,and have tried to work things out in a civil and just way most of the time. But when the very Heart and soul of your country has been attacted and the very courage of your country has been put on display.Then we as a United people MUST arise to the occasion,unwavering in determination,to put to death any and all future attacts,of this kind on this the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,so we can have a nation that has as much peace as is possible in the future.And never give in to terrorism of any kind. I have three children 2 son`s and a daughter ,whom I love dearly.Both son`s served in the service of this great country,at the same time,during Desert Storm.I am proud of that fact,and am proud to be an American FREE ,free because my fathers and family before me and since me,were not afraid to serve this country knowing that for me and the one`s in the future ,are able to have the freedom to type this message and freely say what is on my mind. Because people like my son`s and many others son`s before them and now.Believe freedom is the one thing we as a nation can not afford to loose at any cost.A very high price has been paid and is still being paid by the son`s and daughters of free people of this country,for the freedom of us all.So it is sickening to me for anyone from anywhere else in this world to tell the USA that we need to talk and not fight for these families that lost everything they had .Because one 6ft 4in SAUDI thinks he knows what is best for the rest of the world.And how we ALL should pray and who we should pray to and also how often we should pray.So I am not afraid to say we as a people should beware of anyone who wears a towel on his head.And carries a machine gun in his hands. Anyone who comes to this country has the right to freedom of religon,freedom of speech,and one of the greatest of all freedom of movement. A question for all,is there anywhere else especially in the middle east,that allows this kind of freedom. ans. NO So it is a little to late to tell us what we should do when we are attacted by such illiterates as these. I know the minds behind all this terrorism are educated as far as education goes ,but not the ones that follow the orders. We need to think of others and not just ourselves.And that is what this country has done .Thought of the future and the ones to follow us,not just in this country but in other places in the world.This is a time for fighting ,so that the ones in the future may have peace. The very reason for this war and the ones to follow are for people like cesar,can you see him in the middle east saying things about Usama Bin Laden,like he just said about our President. I clicked on his name to see where he was from and I noticed he was a ( BEGINNER ) you can tell by his words this is true. Just a beginner !!

rob h Jan 24, 2004, 04:41pm EST Report Abuse
1 down, 1 to go.

ray Stephens Jan 24, 2004, 06:00pm EST Report Abuse
My feelings exactly Rob!

Chris McNally Jan 24, 2004, 06:47pm EST Report Abuse
I think that it is a good thing that the Hussein regime was been dismantled, but I'm sick and tired of the hipocracy and drum beating from BOTH our governments. If the removal of a despotic regime is a justification for war (and I'm not for a moment suggesting that it isn't), then the question is: when are we going to invade China? Or Iran? Rwanda? Zimbabwe? I could go on and on but you get the point. China massacred it's own people who were engaged in a peaceful protest in full view of the whole of the world's media-the government ordered the army to drive their tanks over them and shoot them. When are Mr Bush and Mr Blair going to make them pay? Robert Mugabe is encouraging citizens of Zimbabwe to kill other citizens of Zimbabwe right now as you're reading this-when we gonna start bombing him? Iraq may not have any weapons of mass destruction, but it does have the second-largest oil reserves in the world-funny that, isn't it?

Regards,

Chris McNally

Moderator - Hardware Analysis
E-mail: chris@hardwareanalysis.com
ReaverOfCheesecake Jan 24, 2004, 06:57pm EST Report Abuse
Maybe i sounded slightly harsh on you. i sometimes forget that some americans are very patriotic to their country and the reputation it has earned for its famous "LAND OF THE FREE" slogan. I am British and as most people from the UK i am not so devoted to a flag. I am no way suggesting that your devotion is wrong or stupid. In fact i find it to be quite inspiring to be perfectly honest but my devotions are not so much concerntrated on a flag but the morals i hold deep within me and am ashamed to say that i don't always show my beleifs when i need to. However there are things that i hold very dear to myself that i will always fight for and always have done but as a 19 yr student i am still trying to determin what i hold to be my morals as in this world nothing is truely black or white, right or wrong.

I do support the American efforts in the war as it is clear that terrorism will not cease. I hate innocents being killed to put a statement forward as Bin Ladin and his supporters did on 9/11. in my first post i stated a comment that fighting and war will never cease as it is part of human nature. i still believe this.

All i wanted to state is that suffering and pain is something that all people feel at some time and that it isn't solely the USA that has exclusive rights to publisise its own suffereing over everyone elses. don't be offended and i'm sure that wasn't your intention but i wanted to state that fact for everone else benifit, not yours or mine.

ray Stephens Jan 24, 2004, 08:11pm EST Report Abuse

ROY G Jan 24, 2004, 08:28pm EST Report Abuse
Good post Reaver. For 19 yrs. old you seem very intelligent.And to be honest with yourself is a great quality. Not a very high % of people have that trait. Only 120yrs ago we had the wild west,150 yrs ago we were an untamed country. But many people have gave all, ( their life ) to keep what freedom we had and to obtain more freedom. This is why I am not affraid to give my life or even the life of a family member to stay free.And to help keep others free,as free as possible. This enemy is not across the water but among us,it is within us.As they are taught that giving their life for the Prophet,they can obtain Virgins. You would just about have to go to heaven to find one of them. But as they believe their cause is just so do we,freedom is not just something to talk about ,but something to enjoy and experience.Let it be took from any 10 people that have had freedom,for 5 yrs. Then give it back and see if they feel the same way as Cesar does.No !!! But I don`t want to give it away either, we have stood by and gave the right to correct our children away.Because some abusive person did`nt treat their children right.We are giving it away by letting cameras be put in places to supposedly help us,for now they probably are helping us but let the right person get in control and see what they will be used for. Our right to own firearms ,they are trying to take this away for safety. As the commercial says guns don`t kill people ,people kill people . I was in a barber shop the while back and saw a poster,it said ( I bought a pencil and misspelled a word now I am going to sue the pencil company ) The pencil did`nt misspell I did,the gun did`nt kill I did. Americans didn`t attact nor did the British,or the Germans,or the French,the Chinese or even the Saudi`s. But the ( Muslims ) did and will again and again and again. So who do we watch for ? Jew`s --Christians-- Catholics-- VooDoo-- Baptist--Methodists-- No we look for and try to watch every move a Muslim makes. And still we won`t catch everything done. But let`s not fool ourselves ,trying to be POLITICALY correct. Let`s be honest and not afraid to face the future.

ReaverOfCheesecake Jan 25, 2004, 10:37am EST Report Abuse
Me and one of my deeply religious friends were having a discussion abour right and wrong and it got very deep.

he asked me what i would do if someone came to my home and threatened to kill my parents. of course i said that i would defend my parents and lunge to their defence despite my safty. but the next question was what i would do if i found out that my parents had caused this person unsupressable suffering in their time (with the usual examples, mental tourture, killing reletives etc). i thought of this and i asked him what he would do. he said he would let his parents die as a sort of payback, and a saving on his own family if they excepted their fate and that their souls may be forgiven by god as they would accept their fate and god would see that his parents are sorry for what they did.

Now i know that he was expecting me to aggree but i thought about it and couldn't accept that it was either right for me to defend my parents regardless or let them die like he said. in the end i decided that either way was both right and wrong and so cancelled each other out. i then took a selfish veiw and decided that i would find it harder to live without my parent myself than that of a stranger who stood in my kitchen threatening my family with a knife no matter how pained and upset he/she was.

I told him that i would defend my parents regardless and he didn't quite see the logic in it but this is what i would truefully do if my instinct hadn't take over and i hadn't attacked the person within the first couple of seconds of them showing up anyhow.

what do you people think. hard choice for some to understand and it may take some time to think of a truely moral answer. This stand off scenario is similar to 9/11. both sides have totally different views but both are determined to fight for what they believe in regardless. Is this truely wrong or can we accept it as part of human nature like i suggest in my first post?

ray Stephens Jan 25, 2004, 04:37pm EST Report Abuse
Reaver, your friend is religious and he said he would let his parents die as payback? Wow... that is all I can say. If it were me, I would take the guy out (incapacitate) before he had a chance to kill my parents regardless of what they did. Under your friend's "eye for an eye" view of things, everyone would end up deserving to die. After he let his parents die, he would get to kill the guy who killed his parents, then the family of the man your friend killed would get to kill him. It is an endless cycle. Somewhere along the line there needs to be some forgiveness. I cannot quite comprehend where your friend is coming from. That is how I see it at least...

ReaverOfCheesecake Jan 25, 2004, 04:54pm EST Report Abuse
good thought. I just decided that i prefere to keep my parents and so decided to stick with that although we did go into that topic and that descusion did crop up. in my opinion the very fact that my parents lives r on the line gave me exclusive right to protect them no matter the outcome. i will stick to that i think. everything else is a little too deep for me and i tend to play those toughts in my mind till i give up as their is no true solution. i think keeping it to that simple level is the best for me personnally.

good post ray

ray Stephens Jan 25, 2004, 05:09pm EST Report Abuse
I'd agree with with you on your thought Reaver. :)

ROY G Jan 25, 2004, 05:20pm EST Report Abuse
Think of this for a minuite guy`s ? Forgiveness is a wonderful thing ,and the right thing to always do.However there are so many veiws and ideas on what fogiveness means. The guy comes in with NO forgiveness ,to get revenge ! Your parents have caused pain and suffering for this man in the past . Why ? No reason given. Proabably getting even for something they believed ? No matter the reason,unforgiveness !! Now you are in the same situation ,are you to forgive or keep this unforgiven spirit going ? Why not,try something neither have done to this point ?? FORGIVE ? It has to start somewhere. Why not you ????

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.