Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1011 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s May 07 - 11:56pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Processors /

""SYSTEM FAILED CPU TEST"" plz help meee 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, Next >>
Matt Seil Jun 21, 2005, 12:37am EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: ""SYSTEM FAILED CPU TEST"" plz help meee
My problem definitely was not PSU related. The board worked fine for a month and a half before it quit on me.

After that, even a different PSU did not fix the trick.

My PSU is an ANTEC TRUE 550 and at the lowest hits 3.29 on the 3.3 rail.

I believe the problem to be with the chinese capacitors. There was a very bad batch last year.

I replaced the P4P800-E Deluxe with an ABIT IC7-G Max II, with all rubycon capacitors and even got a very significant performance boost.

I even stress the CPU/PSU by light Overclocking.

The problem is definitely with ASUS. The fact that they use 2-phase power proves that.

This was my first experience with ASUS, and suffice it to say that the money lost makes it unlikely for me to ever purchase from them again.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Clebson Graeff Jun 24, 2005, 12:49pm EDT Report Abuse
After 2 or 3 months using my ASUS K8VSE - DELUXE having this annoyng lady speaking "SYSTEM FAILED CPU TEST", I know the time to press the "on" button after turning on the power. Something about 2,333 seconds. I've tried to reset CMOS and seems to help a bit. Perhaps it's just a illusion. Well, after read a post of a guy saying that his PSU give 3.05 V in the 3.3 V rail, I ask for a friend for a PSU to test my system. His PSU have 3 times the weight of mine. So, a installed and started the computer and everything is working fine now. I will test the system for 2 or more days ... if it stay working fine I will buy the PSU. So, test your system with a RGPSU (Really Good PSU) -- that is, one that have things inside and have about 0,5 Kg or more -- and may the lady shut up forever.

CP F Jun 26, 2005, 01:35pm EDT Report Abuse
I've got the same problem for months! The female voice saying: 'System failed CPU test' is driving me crazy. I am using a Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard with a Athlon XP 2500+ CPU.
The PC retailer told me that the CPU was getting too hot, and I started buying more casefans and stuff.
Now even when I play UT2004 for more than 3 hours, my CPU temperature stays around 35 Degrees C
But the annoying voice continues! Asus helpdesk just told me that the power supply was malfunctioning, but I dont really believe that talk anymore. Since I had no other problems, I just used Winbond voice editor to replace the stupid voice with a empty file. Problem solved!

Ryan Xavier Jul 08, 2005, 11:43am EDT Report Abuse
I got a System Failed CPU test as well.

For some reason, after stripping everything down, consecutivley to just RAM and processor, I got a System failed memory test. One of my RAM slots died out of no where. I moved my first stick into slot 2, so I had sticks in slots 2 and 3, and it worked fine.

Check your memory.

- TON80DB Oct 12, 2005, 04:47pm EDT Report Abuse

David Brown Nov 05, 2005, 01:23am EST Report Abuse
Hello all whom deal with this BS, and i too, have the same problem.

I have the ASUX (credit where its due) a7n8x-e deluxe.
Athlon Xp +3000 Barton Core
512mb pc3200 consair value select ram
Nvidia Fx5200 128mb AGP Video Card

Ive updated bios, cleaned out dust, attached a new heatsink to my GPU, sacraficed a goat, and so fourth.
But the mistress of Hell keeps returning. Now then, i can run the pc just fine for an hour, doing word processing and browsing the intra web and so fourth, before she returns. Another way is the second a burst of graphical whatever, such as scrolling the webpage realy fast, i get the message. And also, if i run a graphical intensive game, such as Eve-Online, or Everquest, or whatever. It starts howlling at me. I never had this problem before, i could erase the drive, install an OS, install a game, and play it just fine, but aftr a day or two, the machine starts to wail again. Rinse and repeat.

Ive also ran PC pitstop, and the second it tests my graphics, it to yells at me. So im begining to think that my Graphics card is bad, and i just ironicly have an asus a7n8x-e deluxe.....

Please help, if possible, as im a teen, with no way of making money to buy a new whatever is f**ked up.

david kwon Nov 21, 2005, 06:41pm EST Report Abuse
Hi all.. I've been having the same problem as many of you recently. My computer seems to run fine, but every now and then I get the message "system failed cpu test" when I'm in windows. It comes on very frequently when I'm running a media player, playing music, or while I'm playing any game. Which makes me think it has to do something with the sound or video card...

Some of my Comp specs are...

AMD Athlon xp 2500+ 1.83 Ghz
Radeon 9600 Pro
Asus Mobo AZN8X

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Greg Kuhn Nov 25, 2005, 04:51pm EST Report Abuse
ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe
P4 3.0G/800Mhz FSB
1Gig PC3200
Windows XP Pro

I got the dreaded voice chanting at me today after 14 months of flawless operation. Now my computer is dead. After reading many posts on here, I concluded that the common denominator is the Asus motherboard. I don't have time to wait for warranty replacement/repair, so I went to CompUsa where I paid through the nose for a Gigabyte GA-8IPE100-G mobo. I swapped it in and the computer booted immediately. No more problem. Clearly the ASUS sucks out loud, and although I'll try to get them to replace it under warranty, I don't think I'll install it--just keep it as an emergency backup on the shelf.

Phil V Dec 02, 2005, 10:18pm EST Report Abuse
After 2-years of stable operation, 3-weeks ago I started hearing a cyber-female-voice from my P4C800-Dlx exclaiming "System Failed CPU Test". This now happens every time I attempt to boot my PC. I can't tell if my system is even getting to the BIOS reporting stage as my monitor is not getting any video signal.

The first thing I did was to clear the BIOS and see if reverting to the default conditions would help, but it didn't. So taking the MB's posting message at face-value, I phoned Intel and subsequently RMA'd my CPU. Last week I received a new CPU and carefully installed it in my MB. However (as you probably have guessed) I still heard the same message after installing it. Figuring the PSU might not be providing the necessary voltages, I then replaced it with a know good 460W PSU, but the problem persisted. That's when I started googling and found this thread as well as several others on the subject. Working my way through all of the posts I've come across on this issue, I've concluded that in most cases the problem is a design-flaw having to do with the stress placed on the board by the Intel heatsink-fan retention mechanism.

Today, I spoke with Asus' Tech Support & RMA Divisions and while they did give me a Case # and RMA # (the board is still under warranty), they are in complete denial that they have a problem. ...seems like someone should have initiated a class-action lawsuit on this matter a long time ago!

Gretter Gretter Dec 03, 2005, 02:33am EST Report Abuse
I've had this problem when I first build my pc. I found an old no-name psu, that solved the problem. If I was you I would try a few more different psu's. Assuming you can borrow some. I would tell you which one I have, if there was a lable on it, but there is none.

Maybe you can get one of those mentioned in this tread.

Phil V Dec 03, 2005, 03:37pm EST Report Abuse
Nah - as I said, I tried another PSU (which works fine in my wife's system), and still got the very same problem. It's definitely a bad MB!

Rob Hayden Dec 10, 2005, 12:39am EST Report Abuse
>> Wow, this one has been running for a while
I've just run into the same error and have got a slightly different question. If you're using the IDE RAID support on the P4P800 Deluxe, what's the best way (preferably non-Asus) to replace it and still get access to the content on those RAID drives? Is there an Abit or Gigabyte board that uses a compatible RAID chip?

Background: I built a system for a friend about 18 months ago with the P4P800 Deluxe board and a P4C 2.6 I think (although I can't recall exactly)

This was using an Antec case & PSU. All has been working fine for all that time apart from a hard drive failure (hence he now uses the RAID setup) and just recently he accidentally pushed through the USB/firewire sockets on the front of the case which I'm guessing probably shorted against the frame of the case that sits behind. It can't get any further in. At that point, it starts giving the System Failed CPU Test at boot and no video signal appears.

Having pulled everything apart, I can't get it to boot so I'm going to try the video card, PSU replacement tricks mentioned by others but I'm not confident, suspect the board may have gone pop and will need replacing.

Tristan Grace Jan 21, 2006, 04:39am EST Report Abuse
Hey ya, I have the exact same problem as the guy above me. My motherboard is also dead with the dreaded 'system failed CPU test' but the main thing I am worrying about is getting back my infomation off the raid array I have set up.

So does anyone know if there is another board or program that may allow me to get the infomation back?
Its a asus P4P800 DLX

Michael H Jan 22, 2006, 04:14pm EST Report Abuse
Hello,
I had the same problem as all of you...with my P4P800-E Deluxe.
My computer was working fine for over a year till a few months ago.
I've replaced my old GeForce 2 video card with an Asus N6200, that didn't help.
The Voltage on the 3.3V line was or to high or to low, so I replaced my PSU
with an Asus Atlas 45GA. That seems to have solved my problem.

It's running without problems for over 3 days now.

Greetings from The Netherlands !

Rob Hayden Jan 22, 2006, 04:29pm EST Report Abuse
Tristan: I solved my problem by buying the exact same mobo again from ebay, lucky to find one to be honest, but I just plugged in a drive and away it went, picked it up no problem and knew there was a drive missing so there must be some array config info stored on the drive itself.

The one down side of being so cautious was that it then wanted to re-mirror the array completely after I shutdown, plugged in drive 2 and restarted, because it knew the 2 drive were out of sync by 1 reboot. But that just took a few hours, no great problem.

My instinct is that any board with the same RAID chip will work (MSI do a S939 board which is more easily available but would mean new RAM & CPU as well) but as I say, I actually ended up with the same one.

Appy Dula Jan 23, 2006, 05:20pm EST Report Abuse
Hello, I'm from holland and I have the same Prob.

You all have this prob in faster then me.
I have bought my PC one year ago and I got the same cyber lady telling me System failed CPU test over and over again started 8 jan. I don't know how why after a year. I think I have the latest Bios update.

System:
Case Antec Lanboy (2x 12cm fan's)
P4C800-E deluxe
Pentium 4 HT 3.2 GHz (with the cooler master - jet 4)
Maxtor 120 GB, Maxtor 200 GB and Maxtor 300 GB (extern)
Asus V9570 TD 256MB (FX 5700)
Samsung DVD-Rw Dual Layer + - (extern)
Q-tec 550W Dual fan
2x Kingston 512mb
1x 1mb cash

Appy Dula Jan 27, 2006, 12:16pm EST Report Abuse
Hello me again.

My system running but I can't use my USB yet. I have to look around for some stuff to let it work again.
For my pc I had to take out the battery, memory, videocard and the power. I had to reset my Bios by pussing the power button like 10 - 20 times and now My pc is running again. Well I hope that if you try your pc will run again. Good luck.

System:
P4C800-E deluxe
Q-tec 550W Dual fan
2x Kingston 512mb
1x 1mb cash

Appy Dula Feb 02, 2006, 04:53pm EST Report Abuse
My USB does'nt work any more. Next week some mate will look at it. Does anybody know this prob? He gives power but my usb mouse does'nt work.

System:
P4C800-E deluxe
Q-tec 550W Dual fan
2x Kingston 512mb
1x 1mb cash

a b Feb 20, 2006, 11:08am EST Report Abuse
>> My solution to the problem
Li'l background info:

Da rig:
AMD 64 3800+
Asus A8V deluxe !!
2x infineon 512 RAM
Geforce 6800 (not a Radeon!)
360W ATX power supply

First of all my system has been running fine for over a year now, but I have been receiving the system failed overclocking error like others too. Solution was pushing the power button and rebooting. Today: System failed cpu test from my speakers and I am not able to access my bios at all, screen stays black. Tried power on/off several times... Nothing happened.

How I fixed it:

Disconnected the power plugs. Put 'em back in. Everything runnning fine.
Now I'm sure this is not a convenient solution since it doesn't make sense at all, but after reading trough all these posts I assume that the problem is related to either the motherboard or the electricity supply. An important aspect would be the fact, that it takes more and more attempts to start the computer the older the system gets.

Hopefully sombebody will be able to fix this f***ed up problem soon.

RobNyc Feb 24, 2006, 08:59pm EST Report Abuse
It all started lastnight something was smelling really weird/bad first time ever. I turned off both pcs I was paranoid. Iget down and smell each and nothing to prove me it was either 1, so I thought it was probably from outside cuz my windows is wide open but didnt smell nothing from outside and it was only in my room so it must of been either one. Today, I clean everything REMOVING ALL DUSt cuz it gets so dusty so fast, I looked both PowerSupply and my celeron's pc PS had a lot of dust, but my Pentium4 didnt have much at all. The problem is with the Pentium4 now, water cooled system by thermaltake, custom built (not by me), so when I turn it on theres a female robot or something say SYSTEM FAILED CPU TEST> SYSTEM FAILED CPU TEST. I went into the mobo and everything was normal and I just clicked on restore defaults anyways I'm paranoid. My powersupply is 500w so I dont know how can that be, i just dont know what to do.

ASUS P4P800-E-Deluxe Mobo
Prescott P4 3.0ghz @ 3.0
2x512 mb SuperTalent ram w/ heatsinks (dual-channel)
160GB westerndigital
nec dvdrw/cdrw
Asus a9250ge/256m (Radeon 9250PRo or 9200 Pro) equals

I was able to get into my bios so I dont know what could be wrong.

http://www.dslreports.com/speak/slideshow/15554834?c=972753&am...gzNA%3D%3D

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.