Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1642 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s May 08 - 01:00am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Processors /

""SYSTEM FAILED CPU TEST"" plz help meee 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, Next >>
Pat G. Sep 15, 2004, 04:12pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: ""SYSTEM FAILED CPU TEST"" plz help meee
Went and Bought a new PS and ..................NO DICE...still getting error message "System Failed CPU Test"...ASUS CAN SUX MY AZZ!

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Sep 15, 2004, 05:04pm EDT Report Abuse
get a new motherboard

AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ (133x14= 1867MHz) (209x11= 2299MHz)
DFI LP NF2 Ultra-B (Hellfire 3EG Rev2)
Antec SX800, Neo HE 500, 4 Antec 8CM Fans
Thermalright SI-97 1 Antec Tricool 12CM Fan
CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Barracuda HDs (250/400)
2x Samsung Write
Westcam - Nov 09, 2004, 11:43pm EST Report Abuse
what is RMA mean??

jmerc Nov 09, 2004, 11:54pm EST Report Abuse
RETURN MATERIAL AUTHORIZATION

Life is too short, make the best of it!
Laurent Bar Nov 14, 2004, 05:07pm EST Report Abuse
...same problem with my new A8V Deluxe ....
Tried with new 1008 bios but problem remains.
Now when I clear the Cmos and boot it works the 1st time. If I do any modification in the bios and reset, computer freeze and no more vga signal. Then, I have to do another clear cmos to be able to run windows ... with a 01/01/2002 00:00:00 date & time
my conf is :

Enermax 350W PSU
Asus A7V deluxe wifi ref 2.00 Bios 1008.004
AMD 64 3500+
Corsair Twinx 2*512 Mo CAS 2
Leadtek 6800 GT 256MB
& the f****king "SYSTEM FAILED CPU TEST"

Perhaps not enough power supply
the worst is that local resellers tested it with No name psu + keyboard + no name ram and it seemed to work fine ( he was able to boot and reboot and reset and reboot again without any problem ...)
I tried with another 350W PSU but still the same msg.
I do not want to buy another PSU or anything else to make it work or soon I will be able to become reseller ..
I've sent a msg to ASUS perhaps they will be able to help ....
Just wait and pray ...

SuPeR Xp Nov 17, 2004, 01:01am EST Report Abuse
It looks like it's an Asus mobo issue. Anyway, with the Asus A8V-Deluxe, try using a 450+ power supply. And make sure that the 12v is over 30A or your system will crash, due to not enough power to your CPU, Hence you fail CPU test.

Disable Post Reporter, Halt on all errors, and full screen logo.

-------------------------------------------------
Custom AMD HAF 932 Red Dragon GAMING MOD!!!
http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/2442.html
Francisco Ordaz Nov 21, 2004, 09:13pm EST Report Abuse
I have the same problem but my error said cpu fail due to overcloking, I not even can see the bios to change voltages, I change 2 times the PS, I will reset the bios to see if that solve the problem,
Question if the CPU fail I shut not even get into the BIOS setting? Because I can not even get in to the bios, there is no video at all.

ASUS P5AD2
P 3.4 PRESCOT
PCI EXPRESS VIDEO CARD

Ricardo Nov 30, 2004, 07:45am EST Report Abuse
Have you all noticed that this problem occurs with systems equiped with RADEON cards??

I have the same problem.... my specs are:

Intel Pentium IV 3.0GHz HT 800
ASUS P4P800-Deluxe
512MB DDR400
ATI RADEON 9600 PRO

masse patrick Nov 30, 2004, 02:51pm EST Report Abuse
Hi Ricardo,

I don't agree with you. I had the same problem 7 months ago (see my precedent's posts) and my graphic's board was (and is always...) an MSI NVidia FX5900XT.
So, the solution is an RMA with ASUS. My P4P800E_Deluxe was exchanged with a new one, more recent but same PCB, and since, the board runs perfectly.Recently, with some reticences, I upgrade the BIOS with the lastest version 1004.001, it's OK.
Be careful, a new main power like Thermaltake 480W Butterfly isn't THE solution because the system isn't reliable : if you modify your configuration (cpu's ventirad for ex) , the pb reappears... it's terrible...

Good luke, Ricardo !

Ricardo Nov 30, 2004, 02:56pm EST Report Abuse
But....

I'd already RMA'd my MoBo and Processor... the only thing that I didn't tried is to replace my PSU....

I'll try this today....

It's been 3 months now without use of my PC!!! :(

masse patrick Nov 30, 2004, 03:00pm EST Report Abuse
Same mobo from the RMA ?

Laurent Bar Nov 30, 2004, 03:50pm EST Report Abuse
Hi,

I found a partial solution for my problem (it's crazy but it works !).
I have to unplug and to plug again the keyboard before shutting down the psu. I tried many keyboards but the problem is the same. So I guess the solution will change for all of us... :(
I first tried to change my psu. I have now a Tagan 480w but still the same "probleme de test processeur" ( I thought the voice would be sweety in french but in fact .. not at all :))

SuPeR Xp Nov 30, 2004, 09:31pm EST Report Abuse
Wow, 3 months without a PC.

Well, Good luck. I hope it is the Power Supply, for your case, so you won't spend anymore cash.

Nick L Dec 07, 2004, 07:43am EST Report Abuse
I got this same stupid problem just yesterday!

heres my specs:

Intel Pentium 4: 2.8ghz
ASUS P4C800
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
1024 MB Kingston DDR RAM

Ive tried resetting the CMOS (didnt work)

is there anyone else who has successfully diagnosed and fixed this problem - other then the video card guy... cuz this really doesnt seem like a video card problem. and its p**sing me the hell off.

Ricardo Dec 07, 2004, 09:32am EST Report Abuse
>> Re: ""SYSTEM FAILED CPU TEST"" plz help meee (solved)
My pb was solved simply changing the vid card...

I'm returning mine to the reseller...

SuPeR Xp Dec 07, 2004, 03:45pm EST Report Abuse
If you have TWO 512MB Kingston Rams (='s 1024MB), then try to boot with only one of them in. And clear your CMOS, also. If the PC Boots with no problems, and goes into Windows, then you probably need a bios update.

Jim Tellyalater Dec 07, 2004, 10:36pm EST Report Abuse
Man - I am glad I found you guys.
I just read the posts this sux
I have the exact same issue today. Ran fine for two days, on the third I heard the voice saying... "System failed CPU test. Not Good.
call Tech Support - (right...) He tells me to read my bios version - I told him 1018 - he says well, that version should be ok.
Then said send the board in if I want and they will check it out - or send the processor back. I ask him which he would send in first if it was his computer; he finished the call by telling me it is 50% either way as he has seen them lately. I thought about that - them and lately - they have an issue and are hiding it for some unknown reason.
What did you find out was the problem??

Night before - ran Far Cry for a couple hours (killer)
attempted to run Rainbow 6 - video card malfunctioned a bit - monitor clicking - couldnot lock in on a resolution / refresh rate I think??
turn off - next afternoon boot up
System failed CPU test.

Temp Fix -

I removed and checked CMOS battery - 3.01223VDC
unplugged all but the HD and booted.
system failed...
removed ATI card - booted - heard failed VGA test. (a test after CPU)
Hummm
goit a old POS G-farce -
booted up - loaded up fine - perfect.

ATI Radeon 9800 256 meg pro with artic VGA cooler - failes to work
10 dollar g-force playing great.

QUestion - replace ATI - or ASUS?

Asus P4C800E-deluxe
p4 @ 3.20e
ATI 9800 256 meg pro
Bios ver 1018 ( I think)_

Thanks

Jim Reynolds
Panama City FL
ki6up@coneantenna.com

Terry Hughes Dec 07, 2004, 11:51pm EST Report Abuse
I would not spend any more money. I have a couple of other posts on this site and the problem still exists. Asus has a problem. Asus IS THE PROBLEM. Don't spend hundreds of dollars like some people did and still have the error.

When I put together my system I started with knowing which CPU I wanted and bought the board first. Then I got all the memory and the CPU that was made for that board. This was by Asus recommendations. I also got a bigger than required power supply. I knew that ATI was a partner of Asus because they offer their chips on the Asus video cards, so I bought an ATI Radeon 9600XT.

I have had this "System Failed CPU Test" error on two different boards. P4P800 Deluxe and a replacement P4P800-E Deluxe. No answer from Asus as to a cause or solution.

If you read all these postings, the only common part among them all is an Asus motherboard. Sometimes fixes worked, but for who knows how long. Other times people have spent hundreds of dollars and they still have the problem.

When my system was new in May, the problem was at the first boot of the day when the system was cold. I could let it run for a few minutes with the speakers off until it warmed up. Then I would hold in the power switch to force the system to shut off. After a restart it would work fine. As time goes on, it takes longer and longer for the system to warm up so it will not have the error. This morning it took over an hour and a half for it to finally work. This is not acceptable, but I don't want to RMA my board until there is a fix for it. I have a P4P800-E Deluxe with a Rev number of 1.02. If someone knows of a newer revision to that board then it might be worth while to get a new board, but Asus support has been non support and they refuse to admit a problem. Some company HuH? I bought their board because of their reputation and features of their boards. I didn't think a feature was a one and a half hour warm up before it boots up.

Good luck,
Terry

Frank Marchion Dec 20, 2004, 11:41am EST Report Abuse
Hello All P4P800E-Deluxe users! I couldn't sit back and read this anymore without posting! I've been having the same EXACT problem with my ASUX mobo now for 2 months! I RMA'd 3 CPU's, because that's what ASUX told me to do. By the way, the CPU I am trying to use is the P4 3.2E. The motherboard claims it is Prescott ready, but it is not! Anyway, ASUX then said I had to upgrade the BIOS. They even sent me a new revised BIOS. But it didn't work. Switched out my Antec 350w power supply with a brand new Thermaltake 480w. No worky! The odd thing is that the mobo works fine with my older P4 1.7GHz processor! If it was the power supply, wouldn't it not work with this cpu as well? I rma'd the board and received it back the other day. ASUX said there was No Trouble Found! Then how come it don't work? I'm pretty much at my wits end. I don't know what else to try. I'm done to a bare minimum configuration, not even a video card! ASUX tech support is completely useless, so I am depending on you smart people to help me fix this issue. Any ideas what else I should try?

David Fletcher Dec 20, 2004, 03:10pm EST Report Abuse
Ill mention my fix again:
1. There's is no real need for a system speaker 'buzzer', so disconnect it if it is even connected.
2. Switch the jumber on your mobo so that the speech reporter uses the system buzzer that you disconnected in step 1.
Problem fixed.
CPU:
Description Your Results
Brand/Model Intel Pentium 4
Nominal Clock Speed 2000 MHz
Measured Clock Speed 2400 MHz
External Clock Speed 120 MHz
CPU Load 1%
Speed Rating 3635 (91% of 17119 similar)

MEMORY:
Description Results
RAM installed 768 MB
Windows RAM 768 MB
Total RAM slots 5
Available RAM slots 2
Max RAM module size 1024 MB
Memory Type 256+256+256+0+0;DIMM,DRAM,|Synchronous;T16
Speed Rating 5113 MB/s (98% of 17119 similar)

There's my Asus P4B that wont stop whining about 'System Failed CPU Test'
I dont hear it anymore because I used the 2 step procedure above.

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.