Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1559 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 01 - 02:15pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Hard Drives /

Norton Ghost IDE to SATA drive clone XP reboot issue !!!!!!! 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
Abdel-Illah Badaoui Feb 04, 2012, 08:34pm EST Report Abuse
>> Re: Norton Ghost IDE to SATA drive clone XP reboot issue !!!!!!!
Yeah that was so true for me after creating an IDE image with Norton Ghost it wouldn't boot into a SATA hard disk. But I got another question, what drivers shall I uninstall or even install before saving the ghost image?

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Tristan Deutschmann Jul 10, 2012, 09:00am EDT Report Abuse
Hi there

I am experiencing a similar problem with an XP boot issue.

My motherboard got fried along with cpu and ram etc. so i've built a new machine.

The problem is that i have an IDE drive and the new motherboard has only sata connectors.

I bought a SATA to IDE converter but XP inst booting. I get the following BSOD error :

*** STOP: 0x000007b (0xf78d2524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x0000000)

After some investigating i stumbled accross this thread and I'm now suspecting that the problem is with XP and the HDD controller thinking its connected via IDE when it's actually connected via SATA (through the converter)

Could i use sysprep without ghosting the drive to another HDD? i would like to keep the current drive (cos i dont have a SATA drive)

p.s If I need to post any further info i will, i just want to first make sure i'm posting this in the correct thread...

thanks
Can I use

Steven Rampmeyer Jul 21, 2012, 03:21pm EDT Report Abuse
One possible problem may be that Windows XP doesn't have SATA drivers by default, they may have been added in an update, im not sure. there is a fix for this, you have to use a program to slipstream the sata drivers into the XP disk, which means makeing a copy with something like imgburn i think thats what its called.

Joshua Marius, LeThe Jul 23, 2012, 10:25am EDT Report Abuse

You can use nLite to slipstream the drivers. The other suggestion is to check the SATA mode (RAID, IDE, AHCI) etc. This is one of the major causes of Bluescreens. I would recommend setting this to IDE if the option is available.

Your other option is to get a PCI > IDE Raid Card.

Joshua Marius
http://www.letheonline.net
-----------------------------
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Intel Core i5-2500K
ASUS P8Z68-V LX
Intel SSDSC2CW180A3 180 GB
RAID 1: Seagate ST3750528AS 750 GB
CORSAIR Vengeance 8 GB DDR3 1600
eVGA GeForce 8800 GTS

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.