Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 738 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s June 16 - 06:27am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums /

ECS K7S5A 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4
Dustin Ellis May 07, 2003, 11:31pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: ECS K7S5A
Well i have had my ups and my downs with this board.

There is one thing i hate about this board. When i use my mic. what i say feedsback into the speakers even when in the bio's. so i had to mute my mic. volume. but with it muted i still can use it.

The best thing about the board is i got mine for $40 so heck some bad things i dont mind.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Rob Gianni May 13, 2003, 08:13pm EDT Report Abuse
Hi. I'm hoping someone here can help. I am using the ECS K7S5A board also with the AMD XP 1900+ and 1 gig PC2100 DDR, and have had no trouble until recently.About 2 months ago my hard drive ( Maxtor 80 Gig 7200 RPM) started to make a double clicking noise...by that i mean it would click once, then click again then be fine for a while. It almost sounds as if its shutting off and then back on. I was under the impression that my HD must be dying so I bought a new Western Dig 60 Gig 8 mb vache 7200 rpm. Immediately it began doing the same thing. i tried unhooking cdrom and burner and others to make sure power drainage wasnt a problem (Turbolink 320 watt ATX 12V ) but that didnt help. Ive tried switching the ram, switching the hd to IDE2, switching the IDE cable. the only thing left to try I think is to get a 3rd HD and put it in in case by some chance I am unlucky enough to have 2 HD's from dif manufacturers having the same problem. Has anyone had this problem or know if it has anything to do with the IDE controller on the board or something? I've also flashed the BIOS and tried updating the IDE drives with both the ECS version, and 1 directly from SiS. Sorry for the long-winded post...i've been scouring the net for weeks to find those with the same problem but mostly all i find is the suggestion that the HD's are dying.

Rich Reifsnyder Jul 04, 2003, 02:01pm EDT Report Abuse
Have the same problem. Found quite a few others as well online. Are you running Win XP. there is a floopy conflict with this platform and mb. causes ide's to hang and "click", Try flashing bios with newest version. That is the only solution i've found online.
haven't tried myself yet so don't know if it fixes the problem. hope this helps

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.