Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1593 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s June 12 - 06:49am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums /

ECS K7S5A 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
Alain Bourgie Jul 27, 2003, 06:13am EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: ECS K7S5A
This is the first time that I've experienced installing a motherboard, and very doughtful of my results when I booted for the first time..Surprise!, everything is working perfectly for the last month or so.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Mike Cully Apr 07, 2004, 04:50pm EDT Report Abuse
Welcome to the club, we sold about a hundred of these boards in office systems and to end users, and almost half have come back. Anything from locking up to loosing BIOS settings during a restart or after being shutdown all night. We tried everything we could find and nothing would help any of the boards once they started loosing the BIOS, it was over. Cost us a couple good and old customers and then cost us money to replace with MSI or Shuttles.

ASI who we purchased from was no help, and said they had not heard of any problems, but then the bad caps started showing up on a lot of them, others, just never ran right. Upgrading or even down grading the BIOS had no or little effect. A search online proved there we lots of unhappy K7S5A customers. I never really got any bad feed back on their other boards, just that model.

Sad to say, ECS never responded to our calls, and only to a couple emails , usually 2 weeks after we sent them. Needless to say we no longer sell their mother boards, which was our main board for over 2 years.

Might as well trash them once you start getting lock up, chances are you got some from the bad batch that went around and no one wants to claim..

yohanes bw Mar 16, 2005, 01:04pm EST Report Abuse
heLPP!!
i have a problem probably with my ECS k7s5a.
my computer
350 w psu
ecs k7s5a ..i buy it two year ago...
AMD athlon 1700+
Ati radeon 9550
1 mem module 256 Ram DDR
======================
i have a problem when I use winxp...
before that,i use winME and it seem to be good...
but I want to use the latest OS,so can compatible with new program that I need...

in winxp
my computer sometimes can automatically reset...or can appear a blue screen (tell about memory dump, disable your memory shadow BIOSS,etc)....
i try to change Bios setting,but I not worked too...
I already change my graphic card from geforce2 GTS PRO to radeon 9550, but I still have the same problem(auto restart)...
I also already change my processor from athlon xp 1600 to 1700....but I stiiiiilll have that problem...
I even try to install xp home editon , profesional edition ,and gold edition,but all have the same problem
my system only work stable if i use winME...but I need WINXP....

can anyone know where my problem is???

can anyone help me,pleaseee....

Kel Ariwite Sep 23, 2005, 01:42pm EDT Report Abuse
I had so many problems with this board, it would crash when I ran anything 3-D, I flashed bios, reformatted more times than I would like to mention, and the whole time all I needed was a BIGGER power supply. I got a 400 watt and have had NO problems.
SO what have you learned? Get at least a 400 watt Ps

Stuart Pearson Oct 27, 2005, 06:39pm EDT Report Abuse
I agree with all of the others mine is the same but now i've but a usb cable to get four ports using the connector on the board but that doesn't work either any help would be grate on that..

Ks75A mobo, Sound Blaster Live Value, GForce MX400, 1.7 Athlon, 512MB RAM
Win98SE

Cheers all,

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.