Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 654 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s January 18 - 12:10pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Motherboards /

Can't Flash P4VXASD2+ BIOS: "Chipset/Flash part isn't available..." 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, Next >>
Chuck Engle Mar 20, 2003, 09:30am EST Report Abuse
>> Re: Can't Flash P4VXASD2 BIOS: "Chipset/Flash part isn't available..."
My celeron as it reads on the chip package is 400 MHz FSB . I am thinking that someone someplace at Fry's have been hearing and or seeing the problems that people have been having with this MB and bundled this Celeron 2.0 400 FSB with this specific MB. I got this combo for $89.00 Just my opinion.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
ROY G Mar 20, 2003, 09:47am EST Report Abuse
Then it ought to work just fine 100mhz 400fsb Thats what I started with and it done a great job. Thats what they were made for 400fsb.

Chuck Engle Mar 21, 2003, 11:19pm EST Report Abuse
Roy,

Exactly correct. I can imagine anyone and I do mean anyone seeing a difference with 133 mhz on the FSB .... going from 400 to 533. I mean, what is the big deal anyway. Who is going to see that performance anyway... I don't understand what the big deal is for a lousy extra 133 FSB. Oh well, I guess since that they spend the money for the 533, then they should at least try and get it to work. Just stop bitching and moaning about it. Check the damn settings on the MB and try different stuff. It can't be that hard.

John Jeleniewski Mar 22, 2003, 12:35am EST Report Abuse
I posted the other day about this 2+ mobo under 2+sound.... I have not been able to get a bios screen. Took the board back to fry's Elec exactly set up as I had it with my xfx vga card and they had no problems. Took it home walking on eggshells stuck it in,shorted the start pins, power came on and Voila....nada. grounded OK, power supply(s) OK,monitor(s) OK

Fry's said to bring it in and they will look at it. If it's an obvious problem no big deal($). But if they have to "look into it" then $$$$.

Case, screws, power supply etc and California Edison at 20Cents a KW.
Whats to look at other then the MOBO which they have admitted to me to be finicky.

Remember, my set up worked on there test bench...(hocus pocus maybe??)

Any obvious things I might have missed before....??????

john

jecks jonti Mar 22, 2003, 10:10am EST Report Abuse
>> Re: Can't chage the frequency of my p4vxasd2
Is there anyone who can help me change the frequency of my p4vxasd2 mainboard. I changing it like what I have seen on the manual but when i try it, thers nothing on the display. help pls.

ROY G Mar 22, 2003, 11:32am EST Report Abuse
Man go up about 14 or 15 posts from here to ( GEN ) post if you have ddr ram then set every setting ,the jumpers on the mobo and the settings in BIOS just like his if it does`nt work .Get a refund or exchange.That is what GEN`s POST was for do just like his everything mobo and BIOS ~~~~!!!!!!

Gen Sicaeros Mar 23, 2003, 03:14am EST Report Abuse
You know.. i have kept the computer running everyday.. do reboot it once or twice a day.. use it a lot.. burn cds, play DVDs, move files from drive to drive and so on..
no problems at all.
it is amazing how fast it works.
i have modified a few settings on the BIOS and then reset them back to what they were.. the thing keeps working.
perhaps there was a batch that was wrong? anyway.. my version is 5.0 of the motherboard or revision 5.,. in case that matters.
i just cant get the right drivers for the USB under winxp.. winxp recognized it under its own drivers and the usb works fine.. but still shows a yellow mark on "another usb" besides the one recognized by winxp
also this, i know, is a issue with the pc case and the way i set the wires..
but the audio isnt working (in the back) but the front audio is working.
there is a flash of the bios is supposed to solve audio problems (provided this was *that* issue, i dont know..) i might try it?
Gen

ROY G Mar 23, 2003, 03:22am EST Report Abuse
The yellow mark should be no problem. Yours is a 5. mine was a 1.1a
I saw where a guy took his .5 back on sound isue it was a break in the circuitry but it would be hard for me to believe that is the case in all .5`s
Have you down loaded drivers for multimedia yet ??

ROY G Mar 23, 2003, 03:24am EST Report Abuse
Also what do you mean by case wiring ??

Gen Sicaeros Mar 23, 2003, 09:39am EST Report Abuse
Well.. I mean the wires on the case that are to be connected into the motherboard.
Like power, the LED, the audio (front pannel), usb, etc.
i might have done some the wrong way or they have known issues with the audio.. such as if you connect this here it will give you this but you will not have that.. i read something like that on the Case's web site.
i just did not think it would apply to mine. I use Enermax cs371 series.
the audio comes out on the front but not on the back..
and i have installed the drivers for the sound.
I think this is hardware not working properly. *yaw*
i have been up too long.

RON Bell Mar 24, 2003, 10:44pm EST Report Abuse
PLEASE READ THIS: I offerred to help a friend build a computer. She bought this motherboard and intel 2.4GHZ combo deal from Fry's. I have fair computer experience. Everything posted on this site happened to me. This has been the project from hell. I just found this site and my only consulation has been to learn I am not the only one. I have something important to contribute. After 72 hours of struggle and stress over this, I was able to get everything to work except I too had the system reading the processor speed at 1.8ghz instead of 2.4ghz. After three days,I discovered something very misleading you should be aware of:

The PINS for Jumpers JP1A and JP1B are not labeled on the board. Additionally, these jumpers are named on the board in an extremely misleading fashion. The way they are named makes the pins appear to be labeled but they are not. JPA1 appear, next to the pins in white. The number 1 from that label is next to pin 3!!!! It is so misleading that I only caught this after three days of continuous troubleshooting. After switching the jumpers around for JP1A and JP1B, I finally got the system to operate at 2.4 GHZ. If you are having a similar problem, check the drawing in the manual for the pin numbers on JP1A and JP1B. Do not go by the very misleading white labeling on the board, go by the diagram in the manual. This may resolve speed issues for many and I hope it is helpful. Ron C. Bell, D.D.S.

Jenk Caliente Mar 25, 2003, 12:19am EST Report Abuse
**UPDATE**

If your system won't POST when you set everything like he did (no video, no beeps), try setting your memory frequency to auto instead of 133. Worked for me... not just to use the computer for awhile to find out if it still locks or reboots =)

Thanks GEN

ROY G Mar 25, 2003, 12:23am EST Report Abuse
some times when you get all the jumpers set right and the bios set .Then try to boot up and it won`t push down your ctrl.-alt.-delete at the same time sometimes this will let it boot and then you are on your way good luck..

Gen Sicaeros Mar 25, 2003, 02:58am EST Report Abuse
Well.. of course RON BELL, that the jumpers are not labeled right.
But that was discovered on very earlier posts. Thanks for your input though, I noticed that and set the jumpers accordingly.
My systen was recognized at full speed.
Gen *up and awake again

Lee Snider Mar 29, 2003, 05:13pm EST Report Abuse
Had the same problems with only booting to a 1.8 @400 instead of 2.4 @533 in bios clicked on load optimal settings and it took awhile to boot but was showing correctly @2.4 @533. It is worth a try for anyone not getting the most out of your puter.

Nuno Correia Apr 03, 2003, 08:12pm EST Report Abuse
>> Re: Can't Flash P4VXASD2 BIOS: "Chipset/Flash part isn't available..." Found Problem !!
I had the same problem ... 2.4 P4 that only showed 1.8 . When a changed the jumpers to 533 mhz system whouldn't boot ...
After lot's of tinking i tryed DDR Memorys ... It still didn't worked then I changed my SDR memory and put an 256 MB PC133 Infineon System booted and detect the 2.4 P4 CPU ... To the guys that have the same problem I sugest that try changing Memorys . I worked for me .

Any question please write to me .

nunoc@netmadeira.com

Regards

NC

Gen Sicaeros Apr 03, 2003, 09:22pm EST Report Abuse
I just wonder.. how come my system worked flawlessly?
How come i am the lucky bitch that did not have those problems?
(I insist I have issues connecting the wires(connectors) of the PC case onto the motherboard...
the audio plugs built in on the motherboard ..the ones that are behind along with every other plug.. they dont work yet.
but i got audio on the front panel jacks.
Aso..Xp does recognize the USB and it works.. but ONE of the USB components, or must be a plug.. or whatever it is.. cannot be enabled and keeps asking for sotware but.. i just disabled it.
the USB cable modem has been unaffected.
all essentials systems are up and running.
and no.. i dont have frequent crashes and errors and so on..
in fact, Windows has not crashed since installation. Windows has not complained of anything other than wanting the USB 2.0 driver for the VIA chipset.. but its fudged up.. 'cause it has it.. otherwise how is it working?
but one keeps saying it needs it.. and i said "one" one of those thiings I dont know what they are.
it had a yellow mark before.. i forced it to take the same driver that the other USBs were using.. and it took it but it did not enable after reboot.
So I just disablred it. so now it is red and out of my way.
my PC case is the one with the problems..
it came with two set of power cables coming out of the power supply and one of the sides is dead.
had to made do with the remaining ones.

angryhippy Apr 04, 2003, 04:21am EST Report Abuse
I just read this whole post. I am sitting here with this mobo and am wondering, has anyone had any components damaged by this board? It was only $42 so I really wouldn't feel to bad about just getting another one (diff. brand!). However since this is my first build, I look at it as a challenging learning experience, but I don't wanna go there if I am risking damage to other components. Gen you were mentioning the audio connectors. Yes I have 2 four pin connectors on audio cables. 1 on CD-RW, and 1 on DVD. Case has 2 audio connectors 1 four pin and 1 three pin right? I was told that I should connect the audio connector from the CD to the board, and leave off the DVD audio cable. The person I spoke with said the ide cable carries the audio signal. Have you heard anything like that? What I can't believe is that this thread has been going since Dec., and here it's April and FRIED (Fry's) is still pumping out these same boards. And those of you who spoke of ECS's Rapid Response Support Services, it took me three weeks before I got the automated response to my E-mail saying it had been received and I would be hearing from them soon. And yes, they answered half my questions half way. Pretty half assed company heh?

Get Hippied out!
http://www.angryhippy.net
Me at work: http://tinyurl.com/3nvncb3
My rig! A Blah blah.With a blah blah! SWEET! http://tinyurl.com/4yujmff
Da Beast! http://tinyurl.com/3sapr2b
i5 3570K 4.6GHz http://snipurl.com/26r3cot
Win7-8 Pro 64bit
ROY G Apr 04, 2003, 04:28am EST Report Abuse
Payton if it is possible to get an exchange get it ! This will be the best move you have ever made concerning computers. TRUE.

Gen Sicaeros Apr 04, 2003, 04:49am EST Report Abuse
Hey Payton,
well.. thanks for the tip. I figured that much on my own when I the

cabled did not match, and when I tried the DVD video the audio was

carried through the IDE cable.
I used to have a CreativePC-DVD Dxr2 Encore back in the days they

costed an arm and a leg... and when the configuration was working in

ideal conditions the audio could be sent through the IDE.. but then

thats another story. The cables I was ACTUALLY referring to are the

connectors FROM the PC Case that are supposed to plug into the

motherboard and provide me with a working audio jack on the front

panel for a headset.
And indeed, once all connectors (wires) from the PC case have been connected to the case the audio on the back doesnt work.
anyway.. no one can help me with this since it is specific to my PC Case (Enermax), but I will figure it out :)
Also.. my Motherboard works fine! it costed me $159 bucks for an Intel4 2.4Ghz@533FSB and the motherboard ECS P4VXASD2+ V.5.
I figured it was a great deal, I had not seen a P4 being offered for any less than $250 on combos, or a bit over $300 for combos using motherboards that I am familiar with.
This computer has another purpose, but I will build another one in a month or two.. I will, of course, avoid ECS. I plan to buy SOYO or ASUS. Though I would go for ASUS anytime.

I had not built another computer since the days of the PII 500. That is like 3 years isnt it?
I think i did pretty good, since mine works quite well and you guys are still struggling with some of yours:) just have an open mind and inspire "Life" into your box.. i tend to think of computers built by me as my children... then I guess I'm a bad mother because I give them out on adoption to very st00pid people who will neglect them and kick them.
oh what a depressing thought.

P.S. yes.. the DVD drive sends the audio via IDE
ECS has not botherd to reply that email I sent them like back in February.. Call me naive but I checked my mailbox every hour for 2 days awaiting for the information that we all have helped each other find.

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.