Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 313 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s September 27 - 10:09pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / The frailty of human life, when nature takes its t...

Re: The frailty of human life, when nature takes its toll 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Next >>
Thermalfreak Dec 31, 2004, 06:18am EST Report Abuse
>> Re: Re: The frailty of human life, when nature takes its toll
Frankly I partially agree although i belive that humans restarting from a 'dark age' before obliterating themselves over and over is whats going to happen....humans keep on doing that to themselves, creating a huge empire before destorying itself and picking up whats left....except each time whats left is worse each time....

Ive snapped:
An xbox360 and a 12" iBook....
And a kawasaki er-6n to mod instead
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Wildwood Dec 31, 2004, 04:06pm EST Report Abuse
Exactly what I said. The initial $35 million from the US was just an initial pledge. Now that the scope of the disaster is realized, the amount has risen to $350 million. And I'm sure that will go up.

The Real Robert Jones Dec 31, 2004, 07:24pm EST Report Abuse
$350 big ones. That's a crap-load of money. And you know what? None of these countries we are helping have ever/will ever help us out in Iraq or any other big tragedy in the future. No offense anyone, but what ticks me off is that even though 9-11 was a much smaller event then this, barely any countries are helping us out in any way by fighting the terrorists. If we need help, no one is going to help us. If we had a tsunami on the west coast of the US, do you really think that any other country would give us anything? Yeah, maybe condolences, but they know the US as the "rich ones" who can hand out money like snapping a finger, so we aren't gonna get jack from any other country. I'm not trying to say we shouldn't help the poor, and suffering from the tsunami, (and I have said many prayers for those hurt by this tragedy) but to all those people out there who are saying that the US isn't contributing enough, well, stop it, because it is really getting annoying. Stop being so greedy. (no offense, but this is what is coming from my heart)

-------------------------------------------
Owner of:
PSP3D.com
MyGamingSpace.com
GoogleUsers.org
Xhardwarereviews.com (now R.I.P.)
andrew kairis Dec 31, 2004, 10:38pm EST Report Abuse
atleast bush sent 350mil to help...... i know its only money next to human lives but...... atleast its something....

Carter Sudeith Dec 31, 2004, 11:50pm EST Report Abuse
If Bush had given $350M of his OWN money, then sure, it would be great.

But it's not his money. Plain and simple.

Michael A. Jan 01, 2005, 01:47am EST Report Abuse
And to make matters worse...it's money that we don't even have. We're already so far in debt I'm sure every dime of that money is borrowed.

Michael A.
Thermalfreak Jan 01, 2005, 06:20am EST Report Abuse
Well it seems that many countries also increased their pledges just before Bush multiplied his own by 10...but jeez hes outpledged everyone else .....

BTW to the unfair comment about the rest of the world not helping in with the war on terror.....wow what a load of bullshit.....I guess those british soldiers just died for no reason then huh?

Almost every amjor country in the world raised their security and worked with the US to help track down terrorists....Bush even flew in to Thank the phillipines for their efforts.....and that wasnt the only country.....

hey even neutral switzerland changed its whole passport system to meet the US's security needs....not to mention how much tracking and beefed up security they already had....

Please can we stop with the uniformed crap about other countries? We got problems of our own too.....

and btw the US is aprtially to blame for these problems....bush should have popped a champagne cork instead of launching a cruise missile at iraqi citizens when he first entered the oval office...

Ive snapped:
The Real Robert Jones Jan 01, 2005, 09:55am EST Report Abuse
Well, I don't know what to say Thermalfreak. I did mention "barely" and those 3 countries you listed are like a very small percentage of the countries in the world. Yes, the British have helped us in the war, but I see over 50 times (if not much more) as many people from the US dying in Iraq than British, either they can somehow manage to not die, or there are like 5,000 troops there versus the hundreds of thousands of Americans. You may have a different opinion on the war since your from Singapore, and I appreciate your comments, but this is what I believe, and it is not "a load of BS." You said that "bush should have popped a champaigne cork instead of launching a cruise missle." Well honestly, I don't know how laid back you might be, we would be in deep s-h-i-t if we had a president that didn't care for his country. I am not a democrat or a republican, I choose who is better for our country, but honestly, I think Bush is trying to do his best to help America. What would you do if you were president? If the WTC was attacked by terrorists? Do you even understand how much pressure it takes to be president? I, myself, had a uncle who died in the WTC attacks. It hurt me a lot, we had big plans together in the stock market, we even made a joint account. If he died from a tsunami, he would have died from a natural cause, from the will of God, therefore I would not have been p**sed. But when some terrorists do it, it really p**ses me off, and I'm not going to let you feed me BS by saying that Bush should have "popped a champaigne cork." I don't know if your drinking green tea and getting head 24/7, but that's just not life. Oh, and as for your comment "Bush multiplied his own by 10...but jeez hes outpledged everyone else ....." what are you trying to imply? That Bush shouldn't have donated that huge sum of money? The reason why he multiplied it by 10 is not because he suddenly found out we had an extra $350 million lying around, but rather, that so many people were complaining and whining to him, people like you. He did it out of the goodness out of his heart, to help those who need help.

Owner of:
PSP3D.com
MyGamingSpace.com
GoogleUsers.org
Thermalfreak Jan 01, 2005, 11:20am EST Report Abuse
For gods sake the reason why you think everyones not helping is because you keep on taking what people say and turn it around.....Predisent bush launched a missile against iraq when he first entered office,....im not talking about the war on iraq im talking bout him getting sworn in.......I dont know whats wrong with you....youre arguring against yourselves now....I garee with one american and now another is giving flak for all the wrong reaons.....Bush pledges 350 million, i just find that very stupidly kind of him....the other countries who dont give 'enough' help is because we are fed up with the way america asks for trouble....everything was going ok in the middle east without a skeak out of saddam hussein and then he alunches a single random missile at iraq.....your government was asking for it so dont be surprised we dont wanna fight your invasions for you....

and B.T.W since im "from" singapore i guess that means that the p**sed off americans over here dont count? Singapore has an international community that im part of (thats right im not from singapore)... and yes we decided to include americans in that too btw....and the general agreement is that yes the war on terror is fine...countries are helping...but dont expect us all to jump in and join some phony 'coalition' to get shot at when our own countries were smart enough to have security before 3000 people die....Im trying to stop an american from complaining about how little the rest of the world helps but instead he wants to argue....well be my guest....

P.S. Japan pledged 600 million so i guess that amkes them bad in my book then huh?

Ive snapped:
The Real Robert Jones Jan 01, 2005, 11:39am EST Report Abuse
Woah, your countries were smart enough to prevent 3,000 people from dying? Over 100,000 died just a few days ago, what a coincidence. It's more because Saddam Hussien and Bin Laden don't give a s-h-i-t about Singapore because all you f-a-t-a-s-s-e-s just sit and make fun of the whole world, including the US's president, and think your on top of the world. And now your making fun of America's idea and plans? Yeah, it might not be a 'coalition' but people are dying for freedom, and your just sitting at your computer making fun of America's 'coalition' while people are getting beheaded for nothing. One day something will happen to your 'international community of Singapore' and then maybe you'll start moving your lazy ass and stop complaining about other countries.

Owner of:
PSP3D.com
MyGamingSpace.com
GoogleUsers.org
Wildwood Jan 01, 2005, 01:17pm EST Report Abuse
Dear Mr. Jones,

Thermalfreak is just another US hater. Nothing you or I say will change that. Why waste your time on irrational people who have obviously been brainwashed by some type of anti-American cultural propaganda. Don't waste your time and energy. Go back and read his posts again with a cool head. You'll see what I'm saying. Just leave it alone.

Brendan Falvey Jan 01, 2005, 05:38pm EST Report Abuse
Iw ould have hoped as a world community that we could have worked constructively together on the results of this catastrophe. I did express the hope that it would create greater cooperation on a wider scale.

But now the forum has descended into a typical human screaming match. I can just see the images of chipanzees now. reminiscent of 2001 a space odessy. If you all care so much about the world try a little less bile and vitiol to put your argument and those you are trying to influence might just listen. As Thermal freak indicated there are alot of americans who dissagree with the iraqi situation.

My experience with americans while a little dated is that americans who have travelled have a reasonable appreciation of the world. however if they have not travelled they do not understand the wider world until their thirties because their "world" and news focus is on the US. Just look at the history of world campion axe men over the past 30-40 years. An american objected to an australian claim to world champion and to his credit came to accept the chalenge laid down. In the uS they cut softwoods here we used to cut hardwood and there was the difference I believe there was a change in america to what I think is called the tasmanian axe. Eventually he was able to be competetive but he had to travel before he could accept that there were better axemen in the world than him at the time

So all you young bucks sit back cool off and try to see the world as others see it. It may be right or wrong but that is no differnet to your view. Getting your dander up suggests guilt or embarrasment but people will listen to a cool argument long after they would have left a screaming match.

Thermalfreak Jan 01, 2005, 11:28pm EST Report Abuse
What so im a US hater now? Next time ill think twice about standing in front of your carriers with a rifle and standing guard......maybe ill just ask the terrorist to pass me a couple of bucks and let him blow it up the americans who laze around inside it all day....

So lemme see you think that bin laden and saddam ar to blame for the 100,000 deaths recently? Pathetic...

I was defending the 'world' against your unfair and outrageous accusations that we should join your freedom force and die for your cause....when we wernt the one who claim responsibility in the first place....theres a reason countres stay neutral....its to stop conflict in the first place....

Ive snapped:
Carter Sudeith Jan 02, 2005, 02:53am EST Report Abuse
Thermalfreak isn't an America-hater.

He's a hater of IGNORANCE. I can't blame him --- lots of hypocrisy disguised as Conservativism going around.

Wolfen Jan 02, 2005, 05:58pm EST Report Abuse

Thermalfreak Jan 03, 2005, 02:45am EST Report Abuse
"I thought I might write about Singapore vs. USA giving but why beat a dead horse, eh?"

well considering how much it sucks up to you guys and keeps on doing stuff for you despite being 25 km across......i dont see why youd want to compare USA to singapore in the first place....

Ive snapped:
Carter Sudeith Jan 03, 2005, 06:25pm EST Report Abuse
It's our 51st state anyway --- it would be like Rhode Island vs Texas

Michael A. Jan 03, 2005, 09:18pm EST Report Abuse
Thermalfreak, Robert: No flamming back and forth please. For any reason.

Michael A.
The Real Robert Jones Jan 03, 2005, 09:26pm EST Report Abuse
Sorry Micheal, I got over-enthusiastic anyways ;)!

Owner of:
PSP3D.com
MyGamingSpace.com
GoogleUsers.org
t@kis ! Jan 03, 2005, 09:44pm EST Report Abuse
back on topic:
i feel sorry for em, i really do.
but when a yearly flood hits India and kills 80,000 and "displaces" so many more, why doesnt anyone care?

t@kis
2.6 p4 HT; gigabyte 8KNXP; 1GB corsair PC3200;Seagate Barracuda sata 120gb; ATI 9800pro AIW; Audigy 2ex; Antec true blue 350; lots of bling

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.