Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 381 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s November 30 - 04:35am EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Engineering /

Computer restarts for no apparent reason 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, Next >>
Dave Kosnik Jun 29, 2006, 08:00pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: Computer restarts for no apparent reason
I think I've narrowed down my problem a little. I believe the problem stems with a driver and XP. Thing is I can't get to which it might be. My printer/scanner/DVD burner or external HD. Anyone know of a program I could run to find out which it is?

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
K Shah Jul 21, 2006, 02:41pm EDT Report Abuse
Hey Guys,

Just jumping in discussion but I have similar problem. My computer was restarting for no reason and this happened for couple of days. Having no more patience, I recently installed XP Professional. Still problem exist however pattern is changed. Now it starts only when I open DVD writer and put some CD(Software installation CD but not bootable). It seems that computer tries to read the CD and immediately restarts.

Any idea what it could be? I went to some computer store for report and he assumed to have problem with Hard Drive. Is there anyway I can check if HD is corrupted or toasted out?

KingBlood Jul 27, 2006, 01:39pm EDT Report Abuse
i had the same problem.but sean,i had a 250 watt psu,the piece ofs**trebooted randomly as well.got me a 400 watt,problem solved.also,it could be that the motherboard screwed up as well

All our knowledge merely helps us to die a more painful death than animals that know nothing.
Brendan Falvey Jul 27, 2006, 06:34pm EDT Report Abuse
While HD is possible it would be low on my list of properties to worry about. If the HD is IDE you may wish to check the ribbon cable. PSU would be more likely but back to the drivers etc. Either boot to safe mode but this is not really useful in this case since the effect is random.

Is it truely random try to remember exactly what you were doing just prior to the crashes a pattern may emerge.

Now to the drivers assuming you have the latest available check the motherboard drivers also.

CD drives etc can be a source of problems. Many load up the drivers in particular on the fly read/write utilities. I would stop these from loading automatically and see if the problem goes away. Does it come back when you load the utility later. Is the "random" failure linked to a CD access etc?

K Shah Aug 02, 2006, 10:21am EDT Report Abuse
I previously reported issue with copulter restarting for no reason however mainly when I load CD into DVD burner.

The problem was with PSU. My old PSU was of 250 watts and was dying. When installed new 450W PSU, problem is fixed.

Thanks to all who replied to my question.

Richard Breiten Aug 16, 2006, 12:23am EDT Report Abuse
I have been having the same problem for about five months, also. About a year ago, a brownout occurred in my area which caused my computer to continually restart. According to my insurance policy, I took it to a registered comp technician, but I knew more about the technology than he did. I've already ruled out the drivers (as someone keeps pointing out) because I am currently operating on a clean install of WinXP Pro with the SPII streamlined in. I'm not actively connected to the internet on the computer because I don't live in an area with any high speed coverage. I've tested through the RAM and swapped banks since I've got four banks. My temps aren't a problem because I'm sitting at 40C under high load from Prime95. The only thing I can think of is either a mobo problem or a PSU problem (possibly a RAM problem, but that'd be my last thing to try). I'm looking at replacing my PSU regardless because I have a generic 350 that came with my case when I bought it. I'll keep you updated on the progress, but I'm only throwing in my 2 cents worth.

Current hardware profile:
Intel Prescott LGA775 3.2 GHz
Intel 915 chipset LGA775 mobo
Kingston 2x512MB DDR2 PC2 4300
ATI 9550 Pro PCI-X x16
Artic Freezer 7 CPU HSF
Generic 350W PSU
Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet

Michael A. Aug 16, 2006, 09:55am EDT Report Abuse
I have been having the same problem for about five months, also. About a year ago, a brownout occurred in my area which caused my computer to continually restart. According to my insurance policy, I took it to a registered comp technician, but I knew more about the technology than he did. I've already ruled out the drivers (as someone keeps pointing out) because I am currently operating on a clean install of WinXP Pro with the SPII streamlined in. I'm not actively connected to the internet on the computer because I don't live in an area with any high speed coverage. I've tested through the RAM and swapped banks since I've got four banks. My temps aren't a problem because I'm sitting at 40C under high load from Prime95. The only thing I can think of is either a mobo problem or a PSU problem (possibly a RAM problem, but that'd be my last thing to try). I'm looking at replacing my PSU regardless because I have a generic 350 that came with my case when I bought it. I'll keep you updated on the progress, but I'm only throwing in my 2 cents worth.

Current hardware profile:
Intel Prescott LGA775 3.2 GHz
Intel 915 chipset LGA775 mobo
Kingston 2x512MB DDR2 PC2 4300
ATI 9550 Pro PCI-X x16
Artic Freezer 7 CPU HSF
Generic 350W PSU
Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet

Looking at the PSU above, I have to recommend that you try a replacement. Generic PSUs often just aren't up-to-par. On the bright side, even if getting a better PSU does not fix your reboot issues, at least you can eliminate it as the cause of the problem while cutting down on the likelihood of future PSU-related complications.

Michael A.
bahlola b.` Sep 07, 2006, 08:09am EDT Report Abuse
i'm experiencing the same problem here which is restarting of the computer, if first hanged while i was operating the real player besides a .pdf file, the sound begins to be interrupted or get broken then hanged, when restarted it loads slowly and restart by itself in random times, but whenever it restarts it appears a dialog box telling me windows has encountered a serious problem, will the problem be from windows??

Andy De Weirdt Dec 30, 2006, 08:18am EST Report Abuse
Hi,

I had the same problem on my PC: randomly restarting at any time. I start having this a few weeks ago with some restarts once a few days. It just got worse in the last 3 days when it didn't ven give a chance for winXP to start up. After reading this thread I just removed one of my two 256mb RAM sticks and it al works fine now. Strangely enough I added that 2nd RAM about 2 years ago and had no problem untill now. Now I got stuck with only 256Mb of RAM. The pc is about 5 years old now and the technology doesn't stand still, so I think of using it as backup now and buy a new PC to replace the older one. I'm not going to take the risk of buying more RAM to see that it doens't match with the older one even though it has the same specs.

Jack Schappell Apr 15, 2007, 02:45pm EDT Report Abuse

I read almost 100 different fourms about this issue, one thing I noticed that non of these fourms mention intel CPU.........so far I have seen AMD cpus.....I am not a computer geek, trying to learn using internet forum like this.........any suggestion............

Look no further. I've had EVERY single problem described in this thread so far with my computer when it was running either Windows XP or Windows Vista on seperate drives and I have an Intel CPU. :P
Specs:
Dell Dimension 3000/Xoxide X-Ventilator Hybrid
Intel Pentium 4 Socket 478 @ 2.8GHz (No HT Technology)
Windows XP x86 Home W/ SP2 (Dell OEM), Windows Vista x86 Ultimate W/ Aero Running (Full/Retail)
Samsung SP0802N ATA/IDE 80 GB HDD (XP HDD) - OEM - OLD
Samsung HD300LD ATA/IDE 300GB HDD (Vista HDD) - RETAIL - NEW
Dell-Modified, Intel (Chip-Style Unknown) Standard Motherboard for Dell Dimension 3000 (Mid To Late 2005)
HDA/Auzentech X-Plosion Dolby DTS/Digital/Live! 7.1 Surround Sound PCI Card
VisionTek/ATI Radeon X1300 PCI Edition Video/Graphics Card
Dell Standard 350W? PSU
Dell Standard 2 Sticks of 256MB RAM @ 333MHz, Adds up to 512MB RAM in both, (total of 2), slots.
ATI TV Wonder 650 PCI TV Tuner Card
Zalman Reserator Version 1 Revision 2 External Liquid Cooling System With Attached Zalman Reserator Fan Add-On and various fans, temperature monitors, plus other random modifications which should not affect the computer too much, if at all...

Although overheating is one of my major issues, I have ruled it out for this particular situation that I am having.

Problem: Last night the computer randomly restarted while I was sleeping.
No problem, right? It happens to the best of us...well that's what I thought until about 30 minutes ago when I booted it up and left it idle at the Windows Vista login screen for a few minutes while I was using my old Mac, (this computer). Suddenly it just restarts! No BSOD, nothing. Just flat out restarts.
This seems to be a growing issue with my friends as well. Although most likely unrelated, I had a friend the other day who I sent a link in a MySpace message to, and when she clicked the link after reading the message her computer just shut off. No restart, no BSOD, no error, no nothing. Just shut off. She pressed the power button and it came back on fine...
Another friend of mine was reading his email the other day. He opened a message from his friend. There was nothing attached to it and it was not infected. His computer shut off for no reason at all. Didn't overheat, no BSOD, same crap as usual. His computer was not infected with any form of malware before or after the incident.

So I ask you, is this isolated or does the power issue seem to becoming a growing problem? First those laptop batteries and chargers were exploding and spontaneously combusting, and now we've got PSU's and random hardware going bad just in the right way that BSOD's and random restarts are becoming a bigger issue than viruses and trojan horses were to computers a few years ago...
Something isn't right here...I know this is a common issue that just happens with bad parts and can easily go undetected, but I'm not stupid either. There's got to be some common connection in this somewhere that's causing all these problems...
Look it up - hardware-related issues are at an all time high with NEW or somewhat new computers running the software they were meant to. I don't know about you but this is complete BS and I'm sick of it...

Jeremy Patton Apr 18, 2007, 12:57am EDT Report Abuse
Custom built PC:
Intell pent D duo core, ATI Raedon 9550 vid card, 2X 1024 ram kingston (came in a set)
Seagate 160gb HD, P4M800 pro - M V 2.0 MOBO, all parts bought at a PC store. Took the pc in to get diagnosed for the restarting problem. "I couldnt get your problem to happen but i stress tested it and the only thing I could find was video card/AGP slot on MOBO failed stress tests." Ok so i use my warranty to replace the MOBO and returned a diff vid card then i have listed above... install my games start to play BAM restart WTF!! The only thing that i havnt replaced in my PC recently was the DVD ROM and RW drives, but im under the impression those wouldnt cause my problem anyway. I bought a fresh copy of XP when i replaced the HD as well. I tried the "disable restart on failure" option that doesnt work either still restarts. I am very far from knowing didly about PC's but have many friends that are very competent and noone can seem to give me any advice... I have read thru this entire post and dont know where to go next other than returning all the things i bought on store credit and buying a prebuilt one... /sigh any other suggestions?

Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Apr 18, 2007, 01:07am EDT Report Abuse
turn off automatic restarts. Run Memtest 86 on the ram. try reseating everything, clean your stuff. Try booting in safe mode or running chkdsk. Try a known good powersupply. Depending on the HD you have there are disk checking utilities that can be burned to a bootable floppy or CD.

AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ (133x14= 1867MHz) (209x11= 2299MHz)
DFI LP NF2 Ultra-B (Hellfire 3EG Rev2)
Antec SX800, Neo HE 500, 4 Antec 8CM Fans
Thermalright SI-97 1 Antec Tricool 12CM Fan
CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Barracuda HDs (250/400)
2x Samsung Write
Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Apr 18, 2007, 01:15am EDT Report Abuse
reading your post, there is a possibility those Drives could be causing problems, one way to determine that is to unplug them from the Motherboard and power supply, for all we know is it could be those drives, the powersupply lead being crappy or the data cable being bad. I would assume your a gamer. Usually building your own machine is a better bet as you know what your getting when you pick out the parts. Most parts in a system have a 3 year warranty, Prebuilt systems have 1 year warranty and then try to sell you a extended warranty to get more cash out of you. Considering your having so many head/heartaches, you probably are better off getting prebuilt, but make sure you have some sort of intervention in the building process. example, what amt of ram you want, video card, HDs, I cant promise you the Ram will be of the highest quality, but you could probably go for a prebuild gaming system from Falcon Northwest, Voodoo, and the many others out there, Im not absolutely sure about Alienware, Or Dell. Just Set yourself a budget so you dont spend too much, but allow for future expansion/maxing out, as a side note many prebuild machines except the ones from Falcon and Voodoo are very limited in expansion as of powersupplies and Ram, some even the video card support. Another warning all machines that i know of that are prebuilt all come with some flavor of vista, Vista is not really ready as of mainstream implementation, ya it came out earlier this year but has alot of bugs to be ironed out, if it was possible id have 4 gigs of ram for Vista.

AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ (133x14= 1867MHz) (209x11= 2299MHz)
DFI LP NF2 Ultra-B (Hellfire 3EG Rev2)
Antec SX800, Neo HE 500, 4 Antec 8CM Fans
Thermalright SI-97 1 Antec Tricool 12CM Fan
CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Barracuda HDs (250/400)
2x Samsung Write
Jeremy Patton Apr 19, 2007, 12:43am EDT Report Abuse
So I ended up going back to the PC store... upgraded my MOBO and VID card after the advice of the Tech (one who actually knew what he was doing) and bam no restarting. Thanks for the tips and good luck to the rest of you out there.

jeff pasel May 30, 2007, 05:32pm EDT Report Abuse
i have also been having the restart problem for quite a while now, in fact i cant exactly tell you when it started, i have tried most things mentioned (clean heatsink/fans, case open, overheating, format/reinstall/drivers/windows, update chipset's/bios), i never knew about the auto restart, i will be looking into that,

i found my problem happened most often online either in game or surfing, sometimes just when the comp is idle i will come into the room and see that it has restarted (however i dont know if any spyware or virus scans were going on at the time so the comp might not have been exactly idle)

i have also recently replaced my case (solving a grounding issue, which also took my ram with it) so i have brand knew ram

the one thing i did notice and i am not sure who posted it and i just tried it is the network card drivers .. i have 2 network cards installed and am only using 1 so i h ave pulled the other card out which got rid of the hidden icon telling me that i constanly had a network cable unpluged but could still get online .. so fingers crossed and hoping that it was a problem with the other network card

also i will be trying the make sure i only have 1 power cable running to my boot drive

will keep you posted over the next few weeks let you all know if the things i am trying/tried are working or not .. hopefully some of what i have to say will be helpful

oh i am running a P4 2.4 128 Radeon 9600 xt, 2x WD 120 gig 7200 drives, 1 gig (2-512 strips) kinston PC something or other outrageous :) my new UPS is an antec 420 watt
mobd is an asus p4c800 series

kausik kumaar Oct 13, 2007, 11:18am EDT Report Abuse
Please help me!!
I had an old motherboard which died due to wrong flash of bios. I have
Pentium 4 Northwood 2.4 Hyperthreading 800Mhz FSB processor, and
DDR 400 512 MB Transcend RAM.
Now I bought a new motherboard

Zebronics 865G

which has no jumpers or any type of temperature sensors. The problem is it resets itself at some point of time (which is not completely random) as if i had pressed the reset button. No software problem,virus or hard disk problem since it restarted when running Linux from live CD.
Also the restarts(resets) are immediate while running 3D or 2D graphics for 10 minutes.

Otherwise it would restart after 1 hour or 4 hours even. I tried changing the power supply to 450 Watt INTEX and this problem will be motherboard( I guess) but will it be overheating of any components like North bridge or The processor.

It has an integrated graphics.

My old system ran fine and stable with this processor. Any body knows idea please reply.

K. L Nov 01, 2007, 11:30pm EDT Report Abuse
okay my computer is doing the samething it restart randomly

The specs WERE:

Asus EN8600GT
Asus P5k-SE S775 Motherboard
Intel E6750 Core2Duo
CoolerMaster Centurion - case + psu
Corsair 1gb 667mhz x 2
Seagate Sataii 320gb

Now i tought it was the psu at first beacuse it doesnt even want to turn on and than i changed the psu it works. however it start to restart randomly. everytime im playing dota online. or a few minute of watching video online sometimes can be a few hours when im watching video online. i dont run hardcore application. only msn or wmp or Skype nothing hardcore on the background. and just use firefox. I tought it was the OS but it wasnt. running XP than.

THAN after a few weeks of annoyingness i warrantied the mobo and the hdd. thought it was the problem. they didnt have the Seagate in stock so they gave me Western 320gb. now running Vista

at first it was okay but it keep doing the same stuff! it kept restarting on me. and randomly and the weird thing is that when i take it to the shop it never restart on them! i tought it was my power plug. so i changed that too. but it never work! i dont have many usb plugged in only for my wireless adapter, logitech wireless mouse+keyboard, ocassionaly webcam and printer. it should comprehand it.

it is p**sing me off. what is wrong??

is it my RAM or CPU?? beacuse this is a brand new motherboard and HDD couldnt be that.

help me please.

K. L Nov 01, 2007, 11:33pm EDT Report Abuse
exactly same with mine.

wtf is wrong wif thiss**t.

okay my computer is doing the samething it restart randomly

The specs WERE:

Asus EN8600GT
Asus P5k-SE S775 Motherboard
Intel E6750 Core2Duo
CoolerMaster Centurion - case + psu
Corsair 1gb 667mhz x 2
Seagate Sataii 320gb

Now i tought it was the psu at first beacuse it doesnt even want to turn on and than i changed the psu it works. however it start to restart randomly. everytime im playing dota online. or a few minute of watching video online sometimes can be a few hours when im watching video online. i dont run hardcore application. only msn or wmp or Skype nothing hardcore on the background. and just use firefox. I tought it was the OS but it wasnt. running XP than.

THAN after a few weeks of annoyingness i warrantied the mobo and the hdd. thought it was the problem. they didnt have the Seagate in stock so they gave me Western 320gb. now running Vista

at first it was okay but it keep doing the same stuff! it kept restarting on me. and randomly and the weird thing is that when i take it to the shop it never restart on them! i tought it was my power plug. so i changed that too. but it never work! i dont have many usb plugged in only for my wireless adapter, logitech wireless mouse+keyboard, ocassionaly webcam and printer. it should comprehand it.

it is p**sing me off. what is wrong??

is it my RAM or CPU?? beacuse this is a brand new motherboard and HDD couldnt be that.

help me please.

Vince Michaels Nov 16, 2007, 09:21am EST Report Abuse
Hi, i got just about the same problem, although mine doesnt start randomly.
Whenever i try to play ragnarok online, my system reboots and windows gives me a warning saying windows just recovered from a serious problem or somthing like that. Oddly enough I can play other private servers just fine, but certain servers does this to my computer.

Also when i try those certain servers that crash on my computer on another computer it works just fine. Both computers are on XP and both are well above the minimum requirements.

My thoughts are: can't be overheating, cant be any hardware malfunctions (cause i can play on other RO servers just fine), problem is definitely in my computer (software maybe? incompatibilities?)

Here's my hijack log:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 4:05:35 AM, on 11/15/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16512)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
C:\Program Files\D-Link\DGE-530T\dlnetst.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Folder Lock\Folder Lock.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\DAP\DAP.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Ty\Local Settings\Temp\wz910c\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.ca/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\GRA8E1~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Encarta Web Companion Helper Object - {955BE0B8-BC85-4CAF-856E-8E0D8B610560} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Web Companion\ENCWCBAR.DLL
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Encarta Web Companion - {147D6308-0614-4112-89B1-31402F9B82C4} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Web Companion\ENCWCBAR.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Windows Live Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SBDrvDet] C:\Program Files\Creative\SB Drive Det\SBDrvDet.exe /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zBrowser Launcher] C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLink System Tray] C:\Program Files\D-Link\DGE-530T\dlnetst.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [STYLEXP] C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXP.exe -Hide
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Clean Traces - C:\Program Files\DAP\Privacy Package\dapcleanerie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with &DAP - C:\Program Files\DAP\dapextie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Windows Live Search - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll/search.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Append to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download &all with DAP - C:\Program Files\DAP\dapextie2.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {B205A35E-1FC4-4CE3-818B-899DBBB3388C} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Search Bar\ENCSBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O16 - DPF: {88D969C0-F192-11D4-A65F-0040963251E5} (XML DOM Document 4.0) - file://C:\Documents and Settings\Ty\Local Settings\Temp\EI40_\msxml4.cab
O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\GR99D3~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: ms-help - {314111C7-A502-11D2-BBCA-00C04F8EC294} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help\hxds.dll
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Filter hijack: text/xml - {807563E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll

Anyway if you got any ideas please help me out, i've been trying to figure this out for weeks

Thanks.

-Vince

Cody Childers Nov 16, 2007, 07:34pm EST Report Abuse
uh...yea...I'm just 15 years old no computer training at all....and i personally think that it is the power supply in the computer or it is just your house...I don't remember where but I think I remember reading that someone said their computer worked at another place other then their house.....personally I have no idea, but I think that that is the reason why on most of your computers.
O ya it happens to me to when I try to play "Runescape":angry:

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.