Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1768 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s October 27 - 02:47pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / ATI's MultiVPU solution, don't get caught in the c...

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3
Frank Di Gioia Jun 22, 2005, 01:51pm EDT Report Abuse
>> 
well as far as the heat of the board is concerned, I think its time for a simple physics lesson. the board in itself , does not produce any heat , beyond the ambient heat produced by outside factors. just because electricity flows through the board, does not mean it produces heat. heat is a waste product of production. an example of this is when you excercise , your body produces heat , which is why when it is cold outside and you go for a jog after a while you no longer feel the cold. and being as such the pcb board does not actually utilize the current running through it. places where heat builds up is where the current is actually being used. for instance you processor each transistor is like a light switch flipping on and off a billion times producing heat as it does it. heat is just a waste product of use. but heat can be spread ambiently , so unless your case is in a vacuum of at least 1.0*10-4 atmospheres, heat will spread throughout the system. so if the electricity is just passing through like on a pcb board then there is no heat produced. i hope this helps explain a little about the heat you might be feeling on the pcb board. oh yeah im an nvidia fan because crossfire would be worthless too me . I use a creative labs dxr3 decoder board which already has an external dongle , how could i hook multiple dongles up too it .

regards
Frank Di Gioia
integrated circuit design engineer

athlon 64 3200+
abit an8-v
1 gigabyte geil pc4000 ultra
4 maxtor 250gb ata133 harddrives (raid 0,1)
cooling 1 ehiem aquarium pump, 1 25 gallon aquarium, 1 1 horsepower aquarium chiller.
oh the overclocking i have done!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
OCGW Jun 22, 2005, 08:06pm EDT Report Abuse
>> 
Congats, I think you are the first poster her w/ a terrabyte of storage

Is that RAID0, + RAID1, or is that RAID0+1

750GB, or 500GB actual storage copacity?

You record, or store a lot of video?

Terrabyte, I like how that sounds LOL

OCGW

PEACE

Frank Di Gioia Jun 23, 2005, 08:15am EDT Report Abuse
>> 
500 gb

OCGW Jun 23, 2005, 11:51am EDT Report Abuse
>> 
Cool

OC

PEACE

Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Jun 26, 2005, 06:50am EDT Report Abuse
>> 
how about petabyte or exabyte

AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ (133x14= 1867MHz) (209x11= 2299MHz)
DFI LP NF2 Ultra-B (Hellfire 3EG Rev2)
Antec SX800, Neo HE 500, 4 Antec 8CM Fans
Thermalright SI-97 1 Antec Tricool 12CM Fan
CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Barracuda HDs (250/400)
2x Samsung Write
Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Jun 26, 2005, 07:21am EDT Report Abuse
>> 
the reason i think ATI did their system the way they did is so ur getting maximum potential out of it instead of having the bridging go from one board to the other board and using the top DVI connection(how the Nvidia system is setup it seems to slow it down a little cause of the longer path it takes for output data of the secondboard to go thru the first board.

AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ (133x14= 1867MHz) (209x11= 2299MHz)
DFI LP NF2 Ultra-B (Hellfire 3EG Rev2)
Antec SX800, Neo HE 500, 4 Antec 8CM Fans
Thermalright SI-97 1 Antec Tricool 12CM Fan
CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Barracuda HDs (250/400)
2x Samsung Write
jake Jun 26, 2005, 02:41pm EDT Report Abuse
>> 
ocgw, you of all people should know that 4*250 is 1000 which is 24Gb shy of a terrabyte,
and as far as the ati mutli gpu, does anyone know when its to be released?

Error 34:
There was no error
SuPeR Xp Oct 26, 2005, 09:03am EDT Report Abuse
>> 
Yes, Crossfire is looking better everyday ;)

-------------------------------------------------
Custom AMD HAF 932 Red Dragon GAMING MOD!!!
http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/2442.html

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.