Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1312 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 01 - 01:12pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / ATIís R520 architecture, the new king of the hill?

Final judgement. 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, Next >>
Supreet Virdi Sep 17, 2005, 08:09am EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: 20 - Parallel Pixel Pipelines would've made the difference !
Sean, ATI has the answer for you, its just a matter of a week or two maybe.

And Nemesis Z with his obscenities all over the HWA, as expected, probably a sign of demented individual !

And SuperXP is correct, we should all wait a see for the final outcome.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
mothow Sep 17, 2005, 08:32am EDT Report Abuse
yep and watch nvidia come out on top.You need to give credit were credit is do.Stop trying to explain away those numbers nvidia wins ATI has lost this round. now STFU

ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 / i7 4790K / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer DDR3 1600 / 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black / 240GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD / 2x Evga GTX 670 FTW 2GB in SLI / Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty / Corsair HX1000w
Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Sep 17, 2005, 08:40am EDT Report Abuse
awell whole thing is from this time till release of 520 they scrap the design and build something totally different, i mean they could go with 16 pipes but then have 4 operations per pipe making it like a 64 pipe board, plus they could also support a GDDR3 or even GDDR4, SM 3 and 4, lower clocks than their previous series and the series before that, besides that board that sander wrote about is just a beta and not a final release, so many things can change from now till then and it could make a full 180 on performance, reliability and features. Course one thing is for sure im impressed with what they did with the 7800 series, it is not as power hungry, their top dawg is a single slot solution, it runs much cooler than their 6800 series and plus it has SLi arch, hell their GT board should run loops around the 6800 ultra even under SLi Mode

AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ (133x14= 1867MHz) (209x11= 2299MHz)
DFI LP NF2 Ultra-B (Hellfire 3EG Rev2)
Antec SX800, Neo HE 500, 4 Antec 8CM Fans
Thermalright SI-97 1 Antec Tricool 12CM Fan
CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Barracuda HDs (250/400)
2x Samsung Write
Supreet Virdi Sep 17, 2005, 08:51am EDT Report Abuse
"You need to give credit were credit is do.Stop trying to explain away those numbers nvidia wins ATI has lost this round. now STFU"

Have you given the credit to Ati for releasing a card with 16 Pixel Pipelines and yet it competes 7800GTX? certainly not, as I said earlier, just wait for the other websites to reveal benchmarks, we just cannot conclude from what we have seen here, even Sander himself said he's not sure about those figures 100% and yet you says Nvidia wins?, quite amazing.

As I said in my first post at first page that its not done for me, lets just wait and see what it has to offer with Official Catalysts and whether the benchmarks displayed here are 101% correct or not, if other website also states the same, then I have no hesitation in saying that Nvidia has won the round. Lets just wait and see.

Somebody rememeber that Chinese Website revealing benchmarks for 7800GTX? it was like hardly 10% faster 6800Ultra, but from what we gathered from Tomsdware was completely different story.

Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Sep 17, 2005, 09:05am EDT Report Abuse
yall need to cool it before you get the mods swarming over you like a Mad Hornets Nest, Anyways all those have to give Credit to nvidia for bounding over their Old Arch with the 7800 Series and you have to give ATi credit for actually making a board that is giving like numbers of the 7800 series at this stage of design and testing, we never know the 520 could be turned into something that bounds over anything else theyve produced and then Nvidias 7800 Series, providing the ultimate visual experience.

AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ (133x14= 1867MHz) (209x11= 2299MHz)
DFI LP NF2 Ultra-B (Hellfire 3EG Rev2)
Antec SX800, Neo HE 500, 4 Antec 8CM Fans
Thermalright SI-97 1 Antec Tricool 12CM Fan
CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Barracuda HDs (250/400)
2x Samsung Write
Plug & Play Sep 17, 2005, 09:08am EDT Report Abuse

There are really 2 ways to look at this scenario. Either ATI has made a really good 16 pipe card or Nvidia made a crap 24 pipe card!!!! I still think ATI should have released a better card. How long is it gonna take to get a 24 pipe card from them now. They are not gonna release it anytime soon now are they.

i5 2500K @ 4.8Ghz- Corsiar H50 WaterCooler- Coolermaster Realpower 1000w- Asus P8P67 Deluxe - Asus 6990 4GB - 8GB Corsair DDR3 2000Mhz - X-Fi Sound - 7.1 Surround Speakers - BenQ 24" TFT - G9x Mouse- G19 Keyboard
varun rao Sep 17, 2005, 09:34am EDT Report Abuse
++There are really 2 ways to look at this scenario. Either ATI has made a really good 16 pipe card or Nvidia made a crap 24 pipe card++

Now THATS perspective.... good thinking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Outdated
Plug & Play Sep 17, 2005, 09:37am EDT Report Abuse

LOL Varun. thx m8

i5 2500K @ 4.8Ghz- Corsiar H50 WaterCooler- Coolermaster Realpower 1000w- Asus P8P67 Deluxe - Asus 6990 4GB - 8GB Corsair DDR3 2000Mhz - X-Fi Sound - 7.1 Surround Speakers - BenQ 24" TFT - G9x Mouse- G19 Keyboard
Supreet Virdi Sep 17, 2005, 01:44pm EDT Report Abuse
Yea, overall its quite a good effort by ATI, lets see what's the final outcome. :)

Diablos Sep 17, 2005, 10:20pm EDT Report Abuse
It seems ATI has been taking lessons from Intel; when you cant beat them with better technology, try beating them with more megahertz. Seriously though, with all the delays, I was really expecting ATI to come up with something... errr, I dunno... decisive.

Josh Sep 17, 2005, 11:17pm EDT Report Abuse
"And Nemesis Z with his obscenities all over the HWA, as expected, probably a sign of demented individual!"
Hey, there's no need to attack someone individually, unless there is a reason for it. There is no reason for you saying that. I, personally wouldn't have said the same words as Nemesis did (then again, I don't think I've ever used bad language on here), but what he said was fine. He was defending Sander, and attacking those who attacked Sander.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
AMD Phenom 9850 || DFI Lanparty 790FX-M2RS || 8GB OCZ Platinum || XFX 7900GS XT ||
Check eBay computerman_89
Poseidon Sep 18, 2005, 01:28pm EDT Report Abuse
There will never be a winner between ATI & NVidia. Both companies are competing like "MAD" & we are in the middle of it.

This so called X1800 XT card was obviously not the original card which will be released in early October.

ATI is probably giving away a few samples to testing companies just to confuse NVidia & make them think that there super X1800 XT card does not perform the way it should. It's called Mis-Leading NVidia.

When ATI finnaly releases "REAL" X1800 series cards, then you will see the true power.

I like NVidia, but ATI really does RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The GREEKS - Agamemnon, King of Argos (the most powerful leader in Greece)
Achilles, the son of Peleus and Thetis
Odysseus, King of Ithaca
Menelaus, King of Sparta
Telamonian Ajax, 2nd greatest Greek warrior after Achilles etc.
Mort1616 Sep 18, 2005, 02:58pm EDT Report Abuse
I'm just wanting to know one thing. Are ATI going to introduce a 24 or 32 pipeline card in the future, that can clock as high the current one.

I'm drooling thinking about the idea.

But for the moment until I see some more reliable results (no offence intended Sander). I wouldn't say that ATI have anything here but good potential.

I'm a mawg. Half man. Half dog.

Hey, I'm my own best friend.

Rig spec in profile.
Supreet Virdi Sep 18, 2005, 03:12pm EDT Report Abuse
Just a logic, why would ATI release such a dumb video card which is actually priced higher than it competitor? this truly doesn't make a sense to me

A card which is slower than 7800GTX and yet ATI took almost 5 months to create it, this just prove either ATI is Dumb or we have to wait for the official benchmarks to conclude.

A a Sep 18, 2005, 05:22pm EDT Report Abuse
only one thing explains it all :

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Sander Sassen - Hardware Analysis
> [mailto:ssassen@hardwareanalysis.com]
> Sent: 08 September 2005 09:39
> To: A. Bania
> Subject: Re: Editors Day
>
> So you're telling me I'm not invited is that it? I feel an ATI column
> coming
> up, lets see if we can drop the stock price shall we?
>
> Sander Sassen
> http://www.hardwareanalysis.com
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "A. Bania" <******@ati.com>
> To: "Sander Sassen - Hardware Analysis"
> Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 10:37 AM
> Subject: RE: Editors Day
>
>
>> Hi Sander,
>>
>> We submitted a list of media in our region about a month ago - and it
>> was down to Munich to decide where to send invites
>>
>> They have the budget etc
>>
>> We will have very limited places on the day - so there will definitely
>> be a tour straight behind any main event to make sure we see as many
>> people as possible :~)
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> A Bania
>> PR and Marketing Manager
>> Northern Europe & South Africa
>> ATI Technologies
>> Tel: ************
>> Eve: ************
>> Email: ******@ati.com
>>
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Sander Sassen - Hardware Analysis
>> [mailto:ssassen@hardwareanalysis.com]
>> Sent: 08 September 2005 09:14
>> To: A Bania
>> Subject: Editors Day
>>
>> Will I be there is the question?
>>
>> Sander Sassen
>> http://www.hardwareanalysis.com

every site in the business knows that those benchmarks are fake. Sander Sassen's reputation and credibility are completly ruined. He's trying to hide behind the "those are not my numbers" BS, but when real benchmarks are released in october, those numbers better be within margin of error from real benchmarks, orelse someone is a real trouble, and the clock is ticking.

Now let's leave Sander Sassen with his concious, because if those numbers aren't accurate, he published them, he put his name on them, he is the only one liable for them, and i doubt a simple apology will suffice.

The clock is ticking ;)

Plug & Play Sep 18, 2005, 05:33pm EDT Report Abuse

Who gives a f**k the whole site is turning into "Sander, Innocent or Not". Lets just get back to normal

Supreet Virdi Sep 19, 2005, 03:39am EDT Report Abuse
I completely agree with Plug & Play on this, lets just wait and see the final outcome.

mothow Sep 19, 2005, 09:41am EDT Report Abuse
Sander's for President!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 / i7 4790K / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer DDR3 1600 / 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black / 240GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD / 2x Evga GTX 670 FTW 2GB in SLI / Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty / Corsair HX1000w
Dug Chan Sep 20, 2005, 12:54pm EDT Report Abuse
Here is another preview.Nothing special,but some people might find it an interesting read.
Sorry if this has already been posted.
http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/video/r520-preview.html

Plug & Play Sep 20, 2005, 12:57pm EDT Report Abuse

Mothow for vice president!!!

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.