Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 312 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s August 04 - 04:46pm EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Slander Sander? A reply to ATI

Re: Slander Sander? A reply to ATI 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4
Mikkel Markussen Oct 06, 2005, 09:07am EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: Re: Slander Sander? A reply to ATI
On the contrary, Blue, my initial remark was to your bullying post, and the subsequent edit was to your libel/slander post. I really can't see why I have to explain my post to you, but it is apparent that it's necessary.

You were saying that ATi is "bullying" him by being cut out of the loop after he failed to take them up on their offers, and I explained to you that there are many other dedicated journalists who could cover the things that Mr. Sassen had to turn down due to private reason.

I do hope you understand now, as I am not going to explain it again.

As for this incredibly tedious discussion on libel and slander, Mr. Sassen started his article with

"Andrzej,

Thanks for taking this issue to a global stage."

We can clearly see here that this is a response to a written statement, more specifically the post on Beyond3D that Mr. Bania made. Unless you're going to tell me that Mr. Bania personally called up every single person having read about this affair, then we're talking about libel here, not slander. I have not at any point attempted to sound like a "smartass", and I find it highly hypocritical that you of all people accuse me of this, especially considering the last paragraph in your post. The comment was merely a friendly one, in case he wanted to correct the error. Why you have to take it to this ridiculous level is beyond me.

Now, do you have anything relevant to the discussion, or am I to assume that I do not need to worry about you posting something that would be in my interest to respond to?

Edit: As for me supposedly having "harassed" Mr. Sassen, I would like you to point out where precisely I have done this.

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
guru Shane Oct 06, 2005, 09:58am EDT Report Abuse
"The comment was merely a friendly one, in case he wanted to correct the error."

You can pretend as though you were just joking all you want. We all know how many posts you have made and we can tell by your posts exactly what your intentions are here. As for libel or slander, you weren't in the loop and you have no clue whatsoever if things were being "spoken" or not. All you see is the written part, but that by no means guarantees that nothing has been spoken.

"On the contrary, Blue, my initial remark was to your bullying post"

If that was in response to my first post, it appears that you have avoided the primary message that I was trying to get across. If that is the case, then the error is on your part and not mine. Had you been straight-forward and on topic about the matter, everyone would see this clearly without you having to explain yourself.

"I have not at any point attempted to sound like a "smartass", and I find it highly hypocritical that you of all people accuse me of this, especially considering the last paragraph in your post."

First of all, I have every right to call you a smartass as I am so good at being one, I can recognize it when someone else does the same. Second of all, you saying that you never attempted to sound like that is either a blatant lie, or you obviously don't have a full understanding of the words you are "speaking"... err writing... Since this is more of a chat than a publication, would this be considered libel or slander? ;) Here's another scenario. If someone uses software to change their speech to text, is that libel or slander? Haha, would that render it both? Better yet, how could you possibly know if the text was created from speech, if you were not there to hear it? Since, at this point, it would take a committee of English professors to make that decision, that leaves you without a hope of being able to make that conclusion. Since you are not on any such committe, you have no ground to stand on. The fact that it would take a committee of English professors to decide on which exactly it would be, that leaves you looking ignorant for even trying use that as an attack. I'll bet that you are regretting your stupid libel/slander comment, which is exactly my purpose for this line of debate. :)

Have a nice day.

Mikkel Markussen Oct 06, 2005, 10:25am EDT Report Abuse
Blue, you need to read my posts carefully. I was not joking about saying that it was libel, and not slander. I was quite serious about it, and I pointed it out in a friendly manner so that he could correct if he was bothered by it. You're saying "We" an awful lot there, and I sincerely doubt that more than just a few other people could arrive at the same conclusion as you when guessing about my intentions here. If you had bothered to read my posts, you would have seen that I twice confirmed that things have been spoken, but that it is completely irrelevant as the written reply was to a written statement, and frankly, I'm not going to be bothred with discussing something this trivial with you anymore, as all you seem to do is try to find a new argument related to it that would somehow make you correct in your statements. It is not going to happen. I will no longer reply to you in regards to whether or not it is libel or slander, as trying to explain it to you is an obvious dead end.

You say that I avoided what you were trying to say, when I infact responded to all of it. I told you before, when I explained it the first time around, that I wouldn't bother myself with having to explain it to you once again, as it is obvious to almost anyone, and I am going to stick to that and just not bother with it.

I'm afraid that I don't find you particularly good at being a smartass, as you pretty much stand out to me as someone seeking a little too much attention with a little too little to offer, and it does in no way faze me. How you can arrive at the conclusion that I am one is something that I don't understand. I have been forthcoming, I have answered every question calmly, and I have explained myself when required, even in the face of petty and unmotivated insults, and senseless bickering about details.

As for your criticism and failed accusations of responding selectively, I find it rather amusing that you delicately avoided pointing out to me where the supposed "harassement" had taken place.

I'm afraid that I don't see this going anywhere, Blue, and I quite frankly have more pressing issues to attend to. Feel free to respond, but you will not get a reply, as I have concluded my business here.

Mr. Sassen, DublinGunner, it has been a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Good bye.

Shadow_Ops_Airman1 Oct 06, 2005, 10:30am EDT Report Abuse
the topic name is a eye catcher, has rythm to it.

AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ (133x14= 1867MHz) (209x11= 2299MHz)
DFI LP NF2 Ultra-B (Hellfire 3EG Rev2)
Antec SX800, Neo HE 500, 4 Antec 8CM Fans
Thermalright SI-97 1 Antec Tricool 12CM Fan
CL SB XFi Xtreme Music
2x Barracuda HDs (250/400)
2x Samsung Write
guru Shane Oct 06, 2005, 10:41am EDT Report Abuse
It's convenient that you are saying one last time that you are correct and nothing is going to change that. I have proven you wrong over and over again. If you have nothing to offer in your own defense other than it is right because you say it is and you are tired of explaining it, then you very well should shut up. I'm tired of seeing your pointless additions to this thread.

As far as it being a written reply to a written statement, you're not thinking. You are going so far off of the point that it is becoming ridiculous. Let's look at it closely, since you are such as stubborn animal. "Slander Sander? A reply to ATI." Ok, stop right there. He is questioning why there has been slander about him. He is stating that he is writing a reply to ATI in response to the things that have been written. He never said ANYWHERE that what ATI WROTE was slander. I almost feel embarrassed for you that I would have to explain it.

Oh, and since you can't figure it out, pointing out someone's mistakes in public is harassment. Too bad for you that it wasn't a mistake and now you are getting slapped in the face for daring to even try to point a mistake in public.

It's been a pleasure making you eat your own words. :)

Rooin Oct 06, 2005, 12:53pm EDT Report Abuse
Far as I know this post was setup to discuss the reply Mr. Sassen gave to ATI, and not to attack and flame eachother. I think Mr. Sassen has made it clear, these forums are not ment for that. I think both of you have drifted far enough off topic, that if you feel the need to continue to use PMs to continue the discussion. It gets real boring reading over your posts an seeing the same thing over and over again.

an Yes I do see that you are discussing ideas of the matter, but your both trying your hardest to be the one who is 'right'. You both can hold you views, Do either of you think draggin it out anymore is going to change anything? Probably not.

================================================================
"Even Satan wouldn't use customer service as a form of punishment." - Lucas http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com
Charles M. Dawson Oct 06, 2005, 11:21pm EDT Report Abuse
I've got a suggestion:

To Sander, ATI, and forum members; GET OVER IT!

Charles

AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 (2.6 Ghz) (200X13)
DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra D - N4D510-2 Bios
EVGA 6800 Ultra 256 Meg PCI-e Video (Auto OC)
OCZ PC3200 EL Platinum 2 Gig (2X1024) DIMMs (2-3-5-2,1T)
USB to DB9 RS-232 Adapter (Kenwood TS-2000 Computer Control)
SoundBlaster Audio/Modem (Ham Radio Digital Signal Processor)
2X Western Digital 74 Gig Raptor SATA Drives (Boot, RAID 0)
AEA PK232MBX (Dedicated Packet Radio TNC) on Serial Port
Seagate 100 Gig Barracuda IDE Drive (DATA)
Seagate 200 Gig Barracuda IDE Drive (DATA)
Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Case (Black)
Thermaltake Silent Boost Cooler (Copper)
Thermaltake Silent Power 680 Watt PSU
2X Ultra 1000 VA 600 Watt AVR UPS
Windows XP Pro - XP Home - SP2
NEC DVD+/-RW DL ND-3520A
Samsung 900DF CRT Monitor
Asus CD-S480/AH CDROM
Asus 3.5 In. FDD
2X USB HDDs

guru Shane Oct 07, 2005, 05:16pm EDT Report Abuse
Wow Charles, nice rig. Oh, did you write something else? LOL

Gerritt Oct 07, 2005, 07:36pm EDT Report Abuse
Not to be libelous here, but it appears that Mikkel is a lawer/solicitor.

Mikkel, you made detrimental statements against the founder of this site, then stated you didn't want to debate him on his responses....weak. You continue to post, and then bail out; again weak.

I think that there were mistakes made on both sides of the HWA/Sander and ATI sides of the fence.
I see nothing that Sander said as being slanderous or libelous.
He stated his opinion with disclamers as to the origin or validity of the findings.
He also stated the rational behind having to submit possibly invalid benchmarks.
ATI (or their representative) chose to cut him and HWA out of the process due to mis-understandings.

I don't think that Sander or ATI (through their representitives) are without fault, but to sign up on a site just to point blame at the owner, then bailing out is....weak.
I hope you enjoy your ATI card, whatever generation it may be.

If you wish to continue to discuss the differences between libel or slander, please go to a web site specific to this determination and your country's laws.

If you wish to discuss the viability and capability of the new ATI X1K architecture or firmware or software, please continue to post; we all look forward to a new voice, but try to have one before you post.

Gerritt

Ad Astra Per Aspera
(A rough road leads to the Stars)
We all know what we know, and everyone else knows we are wrong.
System Specifications in BIO
guru Shane Oct 07, 2005, 10:23pm EDT Report Abuse
"Not to be libelous here, but it appears that Mikkel is a lawer/solicitor."

I really doubt that anyone coming in to gripe about an article made in rebuttal to ATI's childish actions of posting e-mails across the Internet is a lawyer. This is just another case of some idiotic fan boy that hasn't read all of the facts coming in the forum with the specific intentions of throwing stones. That, in my opinion, is childish.

Josh Butler Oct 09, 2005, 03:58pm EDT Report Abuse
I haven't been around for about a year but ever since I registerred for this site Sander has been nothing but nice to myself, and the community in general. Its sad that ati dragged his name through the mud because of something as meaningless as this.

*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*
ABIT KN8-SLI
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.8GHz
2GB G.Skill PC4000 RAM
PNY nVIDIA GeForce 7900GS
250GB 16MB Cache SATA Western Digital
more in-depth specs in profile
Tom Davies Oct 11, 2005, 08:02am EDT Report Abuse

Sander Sassen Oct 11, 2005, 08:06am EDT Report Abuse
Tom,

If people didn't keep bringing this up every time, over and over again we'd already forgotten about it.

Regards,

Sander Sassen
Editor in Chief - Hardware Analysis
ssassen@hardwareanalysis.com
Dublin_Gunner Oct 11, 2005, 08:08am EDT Report Abuse
Sander can we close this thread now.

As far as I'm concerned this happened a long time ago now, and we dont need people posting like it happened yesterday.

Lancool PC K62
Phenom II x3 @ 3.5Ghz
4GB DDR2-800
ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II
Rooin Oct 11, 2005, 12:29pm EDT Report Abuse
2nd that. Lock the thread :P

================================================================
"Even Satan wouldn't use customer service as a form of punishment." - Lucas http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com
4Qman Oct 11, 2005, 12:35pm EDT Report Abuse
I back that, LOCK IT......

Josh Butler Oct 11, 2005, 12:54pm EDT Report Abuse
It happened yesterday to me, I've been out of the loop for a year on what happens on the intraweb.

*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*
ABIT KN8-SLI
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.8GHz
2GB G.Skill PC4000 RAM
PNY nVIDIA GeForce 7900GS
250GB 16MB Cache SATA Western Digital
more in-depth specs in profile
guru Shane Oct 11, 2005, 01:02pm EDT Report Abuse
It might as well get locked, otherwise someone will find it on Google on a few months and it will go right back into the latest topics section. lol

Marcus Wells Dec 19, 2005, 05:23pm EST Report Abuse
Andrzej Bania is a beezy and so is ATI <<<<what a freakin baby

Josh Dec 19, 2005, 05:28pm EST Report Abuse
lol Blue, you were right.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
AMD Phenom 9850 || DFI Lanparty 790FX-M2RS || 8GB OCZ Platinum || XFX 7900GS XT ||
Check eBay computerman_89

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.