Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1057 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s January 24 - 07:56pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / General Technology /

Asus SUCKS!! 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, Next >>
Ken Nate Oct 20, 2008, 12:45pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: Asus SUCKS!!
As far as this thread being 3 years old.... People that still buy their products should know what's in store for them.

As far as the fool that bought the mother board and is so F'in happy.

Good luck to you, ENJOY

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Meats_Of_Evil Oct 20, 2008, 03:05pm EDT Report Abuse
Every company has it's bad moments. IF only Evga would make Intel based chipset motherboards the world will be a happier place. ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
Ken Nate Oct 20, 2008, 03:44pm EDT Report Abuse
No worries mate, glad you are happy with your mobo.

Good luck to you, ENJOY

mothow Oct 20, 2008, 06:00pm EDT Report Abuse
Asus in no way sucks but they are expensive.WTF would you bump a 3 year old thread?

ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 / i7 4790K / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer DDR3 1600 / 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black / 240GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD / 2x Evga GTX 670 FTW 2GB in SLI / Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty / Corsair HX1000w
Andrew S Oct 20, 2008, 07:49pm EDT Report Abuse
I no longer buy Asus boards, and I totally agree that their web site is pathetic.
I have had disappointing personal experiance of their after sales service with an older board - a P4C800ED. It went belly up 3 months after purchase so I took it back to the reseller as an RMA. 8 weeks later I got back the same model board but a different one to the one I originally bought.

This one was also faulty but with different problems, so again an RMA. Got it back fixed properly 9 weeks later.
2 years after all this it broke down again so I returned it under the 3 year International warranty. It came back 6 months later not fixed. At that point I gave up on Asus.

Over the years my whole thinking has slowly changed. I am more particular where I buy my parts from and sometimes they wont be the cheapest, but I am sure that I will get reasonable after sales service.

I also research the warranty very carefully and I dont always buy my first choice because I simply cant rely on the manufacturers commitment to customers.

I also have found it much easier to deal direct with the manufacturer direct (wherever possible) rather than go through the time consuming chain of retailer > distributor > factory.

None of us expects trouble but occasionally it happens, and when it does its very satisfying to remember why we chose that particular reseller or product in the first place.

.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abit IP35 Pro - Q6600 - Coolermaster Hyper TX2 - 850 Antec Quattro
3 x Raptors Raid 0 - 8800GT - 4Gb Team Dark PC 8500 - Logitech G9
A_Pickle Oct 20, 2008, 08:12pm EDT Report Abuse
Andrew S
I no longer buy Asus boards, and I totally agree that their web site is pathetic.

Nos**t? Have you ever been to, I dunno, every other Taiwanese mainboard maker's website?

They all suck. Like, mad hardcore. ASUS's site is easily one of the better ones. Seriously, I just went to DFI's website to see if the world had gotten better -- it hasn't. A "Super Pi Board!" flash advertisement was flashing at me (with the symbol for pi, not the word) after I clicked "Product," since, apparently, they only have one product. That doesn't bring up the load times, either.

Sean Costello Oct 20, 2008, 10:39pm EDT Report Abuse
agreed, DFI's website blows. but they make one hell of a product

______
Story of My Life- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c764JWVt5Fw
Ken Nate Oct 21, 2008, 08:35am EDT Report Abuse
Having a lousy website is a problem that can be dealt with... It's a bit slow and poorly organized...but it sort of works. The real problem is their support after the sale. That problem we shouldn't have to deal with and it's an issue now just like it was 3 years ago. That's "WTF" I bumped a 3 year old thread. If they had improved on their support I would agree, why bring it up again. But if anything it's gotten worse and potential buyers that may not be aware of the, after the sale problems with ASUS, should be informed.

Michael C Oct 21, 2008, 02:43pm EDT Report Abuse
I don't mind the Asus website at all, what's bad about it? I find it very professional.

Suspended User Oct 21, 2008, 02:45pm EDT Report Abuse
A_Pickle said:
after I clicked "Product," since, apparently, they only have one product. That doesn't bring up the load times, either.

LMAO

I would say MSI has the best website for a Taiwanese company. Except, they only have one graphics card, one motherboard and one certificate

Edit: On looking at the P45 Platinum motherboard......"Limited time offer! Offer good while supply last"

Supreet Virdi Oct 21, 2008, 03:03pm EDT Report Abuse
I don't know, I used to be Asus hater. In the end I don't care what I'm buying, but I only want to be 'satisfied'. Asus works for some, it had worked, but it hasn't for some too.

To be honest, I'm sick. I'm sick of computers and this world, may be I need some change, and I'm changing. I need a wife to begin with who doesn't care about computers. I drink now, and I'm drunk and I will be, as long as I want to be.

Biggest asset is money. Think.

A_Pickle Oct 21, 2008, 04:57pm EDT Report Abuse
Great Skill in Memory World!!!

Vadim Rapp Nov 02, 2008, 08:38am EST Report Abuse
Purchased P5QL PRO on Asus dealer zipzoomfly.com. When it arrived, found that it was misrepresented to have onboard RAID which I do need and which it does not have. P5QL-E has it. RMA. They sent P5QL E. Does not power up. Researched on internet, found that on this MB, Asus forgets to put in one jumper for USB power. Found jumper, put in. Success, it powered up. While putting it together, noticed that one condenser looks like leaking - there are spots on it like from dried liquid. Contacted tech support (by chat; there are three ways: email - they never respond to any; phone - not toll-free, and 40 minutes on hold; and chat - after about 3-4 timeouts, it may work) "Yes, you need to replace the mb". RMA. They sent another, of course I have to pay for shipping. Another does not power up at all, all jumpers in place. RMA.on RMA. Now waiting.

Meanwhile, "enjoyed" their software. There's something called AI Suite. Once launched, it does not show up at all. Tech support. "Have you upgraded your system?" - yes. "then it won't work, it works only on clean system". - but why every other of my hundred or so apps on this box is working w/o a problem? "this one will not, we recommend that you reformat hard drive and install fresh". I indeed tried this on spare HD, and it indeed worked. I'm programmer and I have no idea how is it possible to make a program that only works on fresh system, but they apparently accomplished it.
Further... among the software they offer, there's another one called "six engine" which seems to be mutually explusive with AI Suite - SixEngine won't run if AI is running. Of course, no Help whatsoever.

Their BIOS Updater offer the choice of different FTP sites, and on each site you find different BIOS. Then after you found it, it does not work anyways - meaning, it does not update form Internet. You can download BIOS from their website and then update from HD.

During all this mess, it's really funny every time to watch their flashy ads how great and unparalleled they are; and during 40 minutes on phone hold for their rep, listen about 80 times about their exciting offers and how I should buy more from them.

pickboy87 Nov 04, 2008, 09:30am EST Report Abuse
I'm currently running an ASUS motherboard and haven't had any trouble with it. I haven't had to deal with their customer service, so I couldn't tell you how bad it is. I've used Gigabyte motherboards and DFI and both seem to be alright.

My order as of right now would go:

MSI - Haven't tried it, but only heard good things.
ASUS - Haven't had problems, but then again, haven't bothered too much to OC.
DFI - Bro uses it, works well and has a TON of features in the BIOS.
Gigabyte - Comes rolling in last for me. I've used a couple of their boards and had them either die after an hour, or start losing USB ports or other devices stop working after a while in it. Maybe just bad luck, but so far I'll stay away from them.

My girlfriend is using an ASRock motherboard, and so far so good. Was curious about Abit myself.

Michael C Nov 04, 2008, 10:17am EST Report Abuse
I've had all Abit boards up until this Asus. I loved the Abit ones, but Asus has way more overclocking settings and just settings in general for their BIOS. I think I may have just picked a good board.

Joanne Maalouf Sep 18, 2009, 08:58am EDT Report Abuse
It is a 50/50 chance. Every time you buy Asus pray for it not to have a problem.
I bought my compute july 2008 one year and 2 month later I already sent it back 6 times for repair.
A friend bougth a motherboard and it lasted 3 weeks. He didn't even bother calling customer service knowing the waist of time it is....

Meats_Of_Evil Sep 18, 2009, 09:17am EDT Report Abuse
Ouch! that's some luck you've had. I've never had an Asus, only Gigabyte and evga and they've both worked flawlessly and Evga has pretty good customer support.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
Chad Mcaulay Oct 15, 2009, 09:49am EDT Report Abuse
Yikes! Well, that definitely makes me shy away from ASUS boards. I've had good luck with my Abit KN8 Ultra. The only bug I've had was that LAN activity would bring it out of sleep mode, even after turning off that feature in the BIOS. A BIOS update fixed the problem.

I have a couple of friends who swear by ASUS. I'll stick with Gigabyte, Abit and MSI for now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Build: Outdated
Michael C Oct 15, 2009, 09:53am EDT Report Abuse
Chad Mcaculay said:
Yikes! Well, that definitely makes me shy away from ASUS boards. I've had good luck with my Abit KN8 Ultra. The only bug I've had was that LAN activity would bring it out of sleep mode, even after turning off that feature in the BIOS. A BIOS update fixed the problem.

I have a couple of friends who swear by ASUS. I'll stick with Gigabyte, Abit and MSI for now.

This is all bullshit Chad. Asus makes the same or better quality boards as every other manufacturer. My Asus board is going on a year and it's the best god damn thing I've ever seen. My friend has the same board and it's also kicking ass. If anything I'm shying away from every other brand BUT Asus. If you get a dud, that's not Asus' fault.

Chad Mcaulay Oct 15, 2009, 10:36am EDT Report Abuse
Michael C said:
Chad Mcaculay said:

This is all bullshit Chad. Asus makes the same or better quality boards as every other manufacturer. My Asus board is going on a year and it's the best god damn thing I've ever seen. My friend has the same board and it's also kicking ass. If anything I'm shying away from every other brand BUT Asus. If you get a dud, that's not Asus' fault.

I never said I got a "dud" from ASUS, Michael. I was simply stating that I'm gonna stick with what has always worked for me. Also, I never stated that anything was ASUS's fault and never once did I say anything about the quality of ASUS. Just because I said that I'm gonna shy away from a brand doesn't come out and state, "I think ASUS is JUNK."

Also, I stated, "I'll stick with Abit, Gigabyte and MSI for now." Note I said, "for now." I may go with ASUS in the future, since I also stated that I have friends who swear by ASUS boards. I wasn't trying to insult you or your motherboard, Michael. I apologize if you read it that way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Build: Outdated

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.