Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 738 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 01 - 07:57pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / General Technology /

Asus SUCKS!! 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4
Gerritt Oct 16, 2009, 06:28pm EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: Asus SUCKS!!
OK, gents,
My last two personal builds have been on ASUS boards.
I started out the first buld with a Gigabyte board, but it would not support the waterblocks I needed because of poor PCI-E slot configurtions. I went for an A8N-SLI-Premium with a AMDx2 4400+, ended up sending the whole kit an kabootle back to Newegg as I couldn't get a post. I don't know if it was a MB issue or one of the other new components.
Second try on the A8N worked very well, for about 5 years, if not more. The MB/CPU/MEM still work, but were getting too long in the tooth speed wise so I descided to upgrade.

I went with an ASUS RAMPAGE II Extreme MB. Search the HWA Boards for that way beyond crazy experience! ASUS did an advance RMA on the damaged MB, and I had the board by second day air, though it did take more than a week to clear up the RMA acceptance process in which they initially claimed that I'd sent them a board that was not qualified (evidently a auto response, like those of insurance companies), but after review was accepted. The new board has been kicking for about a year now (see BIO).

Insofar as QC, I've had worse luck with MSI than ASUS for MANY years, starting in the mid-90s. On workstations I think that Gibabyte and ASUS give very good bang for the buck, and Tyan can compete (I've only sent back less than 0.5% of all tyan boards) in workstation and server environments, and SuperMicro good as well in workstations and Servers.

Ad Astra Per Aspera
(A rough road leads to the Stars)
We all know what we know, and everyone else knows we are wrong.
System Specifications in BIO
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
L A Sep 09, 2010, 08:58pm EDT Report Abuse
Asus SUCKS! I freaking had to write this and sign up ands**t..can i just ask WHY the stupid scroll GOES FREAKING SPASTIC everytime I try to scroll?????????? I didnt even bother trying to fix it because im angry its even a setting in the first place!!!!!!! RAAAAAARRRR I HATE THIS LAPTOP. MAC LAPTOPS ARE SUPERIOR. THEIR THE FREAKING KING AND THIS IS JUST A HUGE PIECE OFs**t. I hope the guy who invented this p**s poor attempt at a laptop reads this and goes and jumps off a huge stack of asus laptops. THANK YOU.

Dr. Peaceful Sep 10, 2010, 12:41am EDT Report Abuse
Dude, this whole thread is about Asus desktop motherboards, not about Asus laptops. If you're talking about the scroll function of the trackpad, you can turn it off from the trackpad settings (under mouse settings).

BTW, ironically, it was the guys who made your Apple boards who jumped...

Dave Sep 10, 2010, 07:58pm EDT Report Abuse
L A said:
I didnt even bother trying to fix it because im angry its even a setting in the first place!!!!!!!

......?

Michael C Sep 10, 2010, 08:08pm EDT Report Abuse
These guys are all on drugs of some sort, Asus is one of the best brands today and the most reliable at that.

Nathan Daniels Sep 10, 2010, 08:09pm EDT Report Abuse
L A said:
Asus SUCKS! I freaking had to write this and sign up ands**t..can i just ask WHY the stupid scroll GOES FREAKING SPASTIC everytime I try to scroll?????????? I didnt even bother trying to fix it because im angry its even a setting in the first place!!!!!!! RAAAAAARRRR I HATE THIS LAPTOP. MAC LAPTOPS ARE SUPERIOR. THEIR THE FREAKING KING AND THIS IS JUST A HUGE PIECE OFs**t. I hope the guy who invented this p**s poor attempt at a laptop reads this and goes and jumps off a huge stack of asus laptops. THANK YOU.

Judging by the amount of thought you put into that post, a Mac seem to be a perfect match for you.

--------
"The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war."
-Patton
Kathleen p Sep 11, 2010, 12:23am EDT Report Abuse
Adam Kolak said:
I have been telling most people to stay away from these boards, and ive been telling many people to get one of the MSI SLI boards, and more advanced users to get a DFI sli board.

Thanks for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.