Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 471 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s June 29 - 02:15am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Other Hardware /

No Operating System -- Unable to reload -- Never fix a sy...e I did not follow 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
Joe Nov 26, 2005, 04:21pm EST Report Abuse
>> Re: No Operating System -- Unable to reload -- Never fix a system that works! - Advice I did not fol
Well, my friends, I have come to the conclusion that the problems with my computer are far beyond me. It create problems faster than I can fix them. This morning it is now unable to read from a floppy drive, any of four floppies I tried.

Today's new messages:

205 memory failed configuration
206 memory conflict

So, I'm thinking by the end of this day, to box it up, put it on the closet shelf until I can either take it to someone with alot smarts than me OR just get another Socket 370 board and build a new one. I have learned some worth-knowing stuff from all of you, and I have, without a doubt learned: "Don't fix a system that works!

Thank you all so very much for hanging in with me. Now I'll take my seat and continue to learn and read and when I can help--make comments---upon this superb site. Happy Holidays!

Idle pinkies are the Devil's workshop!
Never fix a system that works.
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
FordGT90Concept Nov 26, 2005, 07:48pm EST Report Abuse
>> Re: No Operating System -- Unable to reload -- Never fix a system that works! - Advice I did not fol
You will probably have to purchase a new copy of Windows XP as I stated before.

XP Home:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837102151

XP Pro:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837102062

You either have an upgrade version of Windows XP or you have a restore CD which uses a back up image on one of the drives -- both of which do not allow you to reinstall the OS cleanly. Both of the products linked above will allow you to install the OS on a clean drive.

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.