Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 511 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s September 29 - 12:43am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Motherboards /

FSB or CPU Freq, what is better to Overclock? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, Next >>
ROY G Mar 17, 2003, 02:02am EST Report Abuse
>> Re: FSB or CPU Freq, what is better to Overclock?
Ray what kind of OS do you have?

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Brian Reid Mar 17, 2003, 02:05am EST Report Abuse
Have an extra hard drive?? If so, set the extra one to master and the one with your music, etc. on it to slave. Reformat your extra hard drive and install your OS. Then you can go ahead and retrieve all the files you need off of it and temporarily store it on the extra drive. Once you have all your files saved, switch the problem drive back to master and reformat then reinstall your OS. Install the extra drive as a slave and retrieve the files you salvaged before you reformatted.

ROY G Mar 17, 2003, 02:41am EST Report Abuse
He has a good idea Ray,you should try the we can work on the problem, do you have xp or xp-pro??

ray Stephens Mar 17, 2003, 02:52am EST Report Abuse
I don't have an extra hard drive. How can I retrieve the files if I can't find them? I have XP-PRO.

ROY G Mar 17, 2003, 02:54am EST Report Abuse
Ok then we can probably fix them are you ready and do you have a xp-pro disk ?

ROY G Mar 17, 2003, 03:12am EST Report Abuse
No reply and its getting late Ihave to get up at 7:00am see you later Ray

Brian Reid Mar 17, 2003, 03:14am EST Report Abuse
I know DOS is kind of a lost art, but when Windows can't find files, you can sometimes find them in DOS. Go to command prompt in your start menu. Not sure if you know the DOS commands so I'll tell them to you. When the prompt opens, type cd\ and hit enter. That should take you to c:/ Once there type dir/p which lists all the directories the hard drive has page by page. Just hit any key to scroll to the next page. Find the directory you know your files were in. To access that directory just type in the location. Example: If your music files were in your documents folder type cd\documents and settings\all users\documents and hit enter. If they're still on your hard drive, you can find them this way. then you can copy them to a different directory such as your desktop so you can find them when you exit command prompt.

If you can't find them this way, you MAY be able to re-install XP over your existing install and get the lost files back but I wouldn't hold my breath.

angryhippy Mar 17, 2003, 03:33am EST Report Abuse
a

Get Hippied out!
http://www.angryhippy.net
Me at work: http://tinyurl.com/3nvncb3
My rig! A Blah blah.With a blah blah! SWEET! http://tinyurl.com/4yujmff
Da Beast! http://tinyurl.com/3sapr2b
i5 3570K 4.6GHz http://snipurl.com/26r3cot
Win7-8 Pro 64bit
ray Stephens Mar 17, 2003, 07:28am EST Report Abuse
still can't find them, is there anyway to get rid of them. I don't mind re-downloading them, I just want the space back is all.

ray Stephens Mar 17, 2003, 07:35am EST Report Abuse
re-install xp, how would that get my files back. If i could, I'd rather get them back. But if that is impossible, I want them cleared from my disk. The thing I don't want to do is frmat my disk because I already have a lot of software that still works on it.

Wyatt Hatfield Mar 17, 2003, 07:58am EST Report Abuse
It would be kinda hard to get them back. I would just format and reinstall and download files. U should back them up on a cd more often Or make more partitions and back them up there or get another Harddrive. Oh and about the post earlier with the thoroughbred vs Palimino vs barton. thoroughbred run Cooler Palimino run hotter than thoroughbred and Barton are newsest so far.

The Older Thoroughbred and Palimino Have 384K total. 128 on L1 Cache and 256k on L2. THe Bartons have 512K of cache so it improves performance.

http://www.whphotog.com
ROY G Mar 17, 2003, 11:14am EST Report Abuse
Ray you can do a repair ,but not the way most people try to .I`ve done it and it works >Let me know what you want to do.

ray Stephens Mar 17, 2003, 01:16pm EST Report Abuse
Let be be clearer. The only thing wrong is that I am missing my old "My Documents" folder. It was replaced by CHKDSK, therfore so were the files that direct me to my olf files. So what I think will work is putting in the XP disk and doing a repair. But I don't know if it will work since there is a new "My Documents" folder. It may not see any problem. The only other idea I have is to use Linux to find the files. What do you think?

Jarret M. Mar 17, 2003, 02:47pm EST Report Abuse
Just a thought but I don't think the Barton core will be much of an overclocker.. With the core being almost twice the size and with the many more transistors I bet she will be a hot one to run as it is! What do you guys think? Has anyone seen one running yet?

Wyatt Hatfield Mar 17, 2003, 03:57pm EST Report Abuse
Im actaully not sure about that. It would be interesting. I havent Heard any temperatures about it. Maybe I will check it out.

http://www.whphotog.com
ROY G Mar 17, 2003, 05:59pm EST Report Abuse
I see what you mean now Ray,I thought you had lost your staetup and boot files. And needed to get into windows to recover them.

ray Stephens Mar 17, 2003, 06:22pm EST Report Abuse
If I can somehow find a way to get back my old "My Documents" Link, I will be able to access my files. I just don't know how to get it back.

ROY G Mar 17, 2003, 06:26pm EST Report Abuse
Can`t you access them in DOS ? Ithought you could access anything in dos.If this is true you could ask for a dir in dos and find them that way could you not ??

ray Stephens Mar 17, 2003, 06:42pm EST Report Abuse
I don't know how how to search on DOS, do you?

ROY G Mar 17, 2003, 06:49pm EST Report Abuse
Ray once you get in doss type dir==ATTRIB
BATCH-BOOTCFG-CD-CHDIR-CHKDSK-CLS-COPY-DEL-DELETE-DIR-DISABLE-DISKPART-ENABLE-EXIT-EXPAND-FIXBOOT-FIXMBR-FORMAT-HELP-LISTCUC-LOGON-MAP-MD-MKDIR-MORE-NET-RD-REN-RENAME-RMDIR-SYSTEMBOOT-SET-TYPE-
You might see what you are looking for in these ??

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, Next >>

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.