I have a Sony Vaio S series. It is my second problem within the past 2 months, both of which the laptop does not boot up. My last issue was the laptop wouldn't boot up consistenly after I travelled with it, at the end I had to replace the board, that cost about $300 USD.
I just got the laptop back and two weeks later, the laptop just all of a sudden shut off and will not boot again. It almost seems like it just dropped dead. The weird thing is I kept on getting shocks from the laptop throughout the day when I touch it, which I have never experienced before. Right before the laptop decided to shut down, I once again was shocked. The exact sequence of event was .... shock ... computer shut down. I am in a very dry envonrment, but I didn't think that was static, or can it be? Can static kill a laptop? On a curious note, how does laptop deal with static?
Does anyone have any insight on what the potential issue might be? Do you think it has anything to do with the previous board replacemebt? I'm travelling in Asia and I'm in a different city than where I had my board replaced, so I want to understand the issue before I decide whether to ship it back to get it fixed.
The more I read this forum, the more I think that Sony purposely make all the problems occur after the warranty period.
Anyway, any advice or insight will be appreicated.