Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 485 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s May 08 - 05:42am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Projects /

Need to setup up a Security type system...Help? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
Bill Parsons May 25, 2006, 12:40am EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: Need to setup up a Security type system...Help?
Just to clarify, when I recommended not using "wireless" I was referring to the 2.4gHz and 900mHz transmitters and receivers, not the wireless cameras that have 802.11 built in. Those seem to work well after a bit of finagling, however, it seemed to me that they were a bit too pricy for what you were thinking of. They're too bulky to fit in a lamp-post, and you still need to wire power to them, but if you have an enclosed location that will fit the bill-- and about $350 for just the camera alone-- they might well do the job. Note that weatherproof models will run a lot more $$$.

Best of luck. -BC-

Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Gerritt May 25, 2006, 01:10am EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: Need to setup up a Security type system...Help?
Wilson,
Bummer that you have to move back to that, even if it is temporary.
Both Greg and Bill have pointed out some good solutions, but neither of them are good for a temporary installation. The money and installation required to do it right isn't worth it for now.
The "fake" monitors with flashing LEDs, along with signs and stickers are available all over the place for your temporary location. These coupled with a shotgun with modified shells that have no pellets and a discharge or two, will most likely resolve the issue (though I'd have some with pellets available).
A couple of bangs may be all that is necessary, triggered by a motion sensored external lighting system.
I'd not invest alot in finding out who, as the local law enforcement will probably not like you for making them procecute what they may believe to be a nuicence (sp?).
Best to you from a redneck town that actually supports the pelleted response!

Gerritt

Ad Astra Per Aspera
(A rough road leads to the Stars)
We all know what we know, and everyone else knows we are wrong.
System Specifications in BIO

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.