Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 1645 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s December 01 - 01:22pm EST 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Off Topic /

Teenage Bill of Rights!?!?! WTF!!! 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
Dublin_Gunner Aug 03, 2006, 11:55am EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: Teenage Bill of Rights!?!?! WTF!!!
Its funny how you hear people go on about liberals & conservatives, republican& democrats, when runing the US has very little to do with politics...........

Lancool PC K62
Phenom II x3 @ 3.5Ghz
4GB DDR2-800
ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
Josh Aug 03, 2006, 11:57am EDT Report Abuse
Dublin, you're obviously not from the US ;)

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
AMD Phenom 9850 || DFI Lanparty 790FX-M2RS || 8GB OCZ Platinum || XFX 7900GS XT ||
Check eBay computerman_89
A_Pickle Aug 03, 2006, 11:58am EDT Report Abuse
I don't think it's funny, I think it's f**king dumb. People are crazy, you have the far right claiming that America is on the teetering edge of Communism and then you have the far left claiming the Bush Administration executed 9/11 and that they're trying to secretly convert this country into a Fascism.

I don't think there's been a point in history where people have so vigorously avoided the act of agreeing to disagree.

Dublin_Gunner Aug 03, 2006, 12:06pm EDT Report Abuse
Josh, ho'd you guess??? ;-)

Although my posts were not meant to be anti-american at all, just anti-current administration maybe...........

I'm waiting to see Darkslayers comments, we regularly discuss world affairs and US politics and conspiracy theory's via e-mail..................

Lancool PC K62
Phenom II x3 @ 3.5Ghz
4GB DDR2-800
ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II
Josh Aug 03, 2006, 12:58pm EDT Report Abuse
lol
I didn't take it as anti-american. In fact, the running of the US shouldn't have much to do with politics, but unfortunately it does. And it isn't just republicans that cause it (like you suggest). In fact, the best recent administration for keeping the government away from too much politics was probably when Reagan was in office (a republican).

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
AMD Phenom 9850 || DFI Lanparty 790FX-M2RS || 8GB OCZ Platinum || XFX 7900GS XT ||
.:Mindful:. Aug 03, 2006, 02:55pm EDT Report Abuse
Well.

As not only a Christian and a teenager...

I disagree with this theory in general. Aren't the religious supposed to have morals? You know, respect your family, respect everyone? What happened to that? What point in time does religion have to become corrupt by greed and the "American Rights". Pffft.

Sometimes I wish I was treated like I wasn't some idiotic minor. Which, inturn, I don't act like. But thats simply respect. People will respect you if you are a good example in front of them. Sure, they stereotype at first... but someone who lives on stereotypes alone or doesn't know you long enough to see otherwise... who needs them and what signifigance do they have in your life?

I am a religious person. A Christian. I don't go to church and the nearest church isn't a 5 million dollar one. I would go to church but I don't have a ride and I don't have a job. Well, I work at my father's computer store but money has been tight lately so I don't get paid.

Well, I am glad that I was granted the ability to voice my opinion and not get punished for it. Now that, is the American way.

Miles

Beavis Khan Aug 03, 2006, 03:04pm EDT Report Abuse
Now that, is the American way.

Amen to that.

____
"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong."

- H.L. Mencken
leastcmplicated Aug 03, 2006, 04:39pm EDT Report Abuse
Obviously not understanding what I said...

lemme restate. The posters that said "its conservative" quoted the God references. Josh quoted obeying parents and then said something like "liberals dont believe in that? no wonder i'm conservative" Everyone should obey their parents and respect authority AS LONG AS THEY ARE RESPECTING YOU. If your parent said go kill your dog because hes barking and I'm tired of it, you'd say "okay" because you are obeying them. bull. yes, if they say clean your room, or you're not going out because i dont like where you are going or the kids you are hanging out with, fine. See the posters were only calling the God parts conservative because normally liberals would take into account those that dont believe in God and leave it out of the "bill of rights" completely. Maybe they should rename it to the Religious Teenage Bill of Rights instead of thinking that every teenager believes in god. Josh took the opportunity to quote a decent "law" and say oh liberals dont believe in that? please. Since you're 16 i'm sure you are starting to think for yourself, how about not harboring hatred for the helluvit? try tolerance.

Dublin_Gunner Aug 04, 2006, 09:32am EDT Report Abuse
Gotta luv ya least, almost exactly my opinion on it too.......

Lancool PC K62
Phenom II x3 @ 3.5Ghz
4GB DDR2-800
ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II
Meats_Of_Evil Aug 04, 2006, 10:58pm EDT Report Abuse
They're jjust using religion so they don't have to do chores anymore. Hmmm it reminds me of that movie... oh yes V for vendetta :D

Here is the bill of right that all teenagers should OBEY!!!

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/Meats_Of_Evil/Warning2JPEGformat.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I write is Sarcasm.
Josh Aug 05, 2006, 12:19am EDT Report Abuse
least -
First of all, I'm 17 (B-day was a couple weeks ago). Now that we have that settled..... ;)

I agree, there are times that you shouldn't do what is instructed to you to do. God gave you a conscience for a reason. And ultimately, if you were told to do something by an authority, and you do it even though it's wrong, the authority that told you to do it will be held as much, if not more, accountable to God as you are.

A_Pickle Aug 05, 2006, 12:45am EDT Report Abuse
Assuming you believe in God... what about the more pressing matters, such as how accountable you'd be held to... say... law enforcement or some similar worldly entity?

Josh Aug 05, 2006, 01:06am EDT Report Abuse
Yes, we need to follow them, too.
Or is that not what you're asking?

A_Pickle Aug 05, 2006, 01:42am EDT Report Abuse
Well, my point is that authority should not be blindly followed. Nuremburg comes to mind.

Josh Aug 05, 2006, 02:36pm EDT Report Abuse
Exactly. That's why we have a conscience. For example, I'm not going to tell people that they should follow what Saddam Hussein said when he was in Iraq. But, being a leader, he had a huge responsibility. Because, if people did follow what he ordered, and did something wrong, he would be held accountable.

Dublin_Gunner Aug 06, 2006, 07:29am EDT Report Abuse
Pickle, most of the people tried and convicted in Nurembourg were not just 'blindly' folowing orders, but actually believed in Hitler and what they were doing, strange as it may seem, but they shared his belief, not blindly followed it.

And for the few who did not believe in what they were doing, they were held under duress, I mean, what are you gonna do, follow orders or be shot?

Lancool PC K62
Phenom II x3 @ 3.5Ghz
4GB DDR2-800
ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II
A_Pickle Aug 06, 2006, 08:30am EDT Report Abuse
Yeah, I understand that, but it was at Nuremburg where the concept of innocence via "I was just following orders" was deemed unacceptable, especially in terms of human rights.

Dublin_Gunner Aug 06, 2006, 10:25am EDT Report Abuse
Ah I know, I do agree with your points though

Lancool PC K62
Phenom II x3 @ 3.5Ghz
4GB DDR2-800
ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.