Please register or login. There are 0 registered and 713 anonymous users currently online. Current bandwidth usage: 326.30 kbit/s May 08 - 06:07am EDT 
Hardware Analysis

Forums Product Prices
  Contents 

Latest Topics 

More >>

You Are Here: 

/ Forums / Mobile Phones / Providers /

Is razor the best overall phone? 

Author 
 Date Written 
 Tools 
Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2
Bitmap Aug 29, 2006, 01:37am EDT Report Abuse
>> Re: Is razor the best overall phone?
I've got the LG VX9800, no complaints, plenty of features. Reads miniSD cards, and with the USB cable, it can (duh) connect to a computer to put media on it.

http://www.cartoys.com/cartoy/images/WirelessImages/vx9800-lg.jpg

It's about a $400 phone, so it really depends on your budget. :)

________
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. YOU'RE locked up in here with ME." - Walter Kovacs, A.K.A. Rorschach.
Want to enjoy less advertisements and more features? Click here to become a Hardware Analysis registered user.
john albrich Aug 29, 2006, 05:42am EDT Report Abuse
Ref post by AQD Aug 28, 2006, 01:48 PM

Many newer Moto phones in fact do not REQUIRE the "Motorola Phone Tools" software to do a lot of things. If you want to backup your contacts list (the part that's stroed on the phone) yeah...you'll need either MPT or P2Ktools. (and MPT can be found for as little as US$10)

However, for just loading songs, videos, wallpapers, ringtones, etc. you do NOT need ANY special Motorola software.

Using the USB port you just store them on the removable memory card. It looks just like a regular disk drive to the computer. (BTW, that's a main reason I only get phones that can use a memory card)

Check out howardforums.com, motomodders.net, forums.afterdawn.com, forums.mobiledia.com, and others for more info.

edited for typo and add one qualifier

Scumbag Blues Aug 29, 2006, 08:35am EDT Report Abuse
Razr is probably one of the worst phones ever manufactured. My friend got the mother's day edition and after about two weeks, it "crashed". The second one she got, the LCD died and by the time the third came around, the battery couldn't hold a charge... A rather strange fiasco, but she's still p**sed.

~

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz | Gigabyte P67A-UD4 | G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 4GB | XFX Radeon HD 6950
Liquid Shadow Aug 29, 2006, 10:27am EDT Report Abuse
I almost went for the LG VX9800, but it was too expensive so I got the Samsung A930 instead, and I don't regret it at all. It looks so much better than the LG, probably one of the best looking phones IMO. I have always liked Samsung phones.

--------------------------------------------------------------
ADK 1Q AR Laptop
Core i5 520M | 4GB RAM | ATI HD4570
Jumping moron Aug 29, 2006, 10:49am EDT Report Abuse
right now i have the nokia 6680, symbian smartphone.
with tom tom mobile 5.

thats realy a great piece of software.
i also have a stand alone navigation, a navman ICN310,
but i like the tom tom on my mobile much better.

Post Count +1 :)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo 6750 @ 3,66ghz,
Asus P5N SLI Nforce 650i.
6Gb DDR800 Kingston hyper X.
2X Geforce 9600 GT's in SLI.
Club 3d Theatron agrippa soundcard.

Continue Reading on Page: 1, 2

Topic Tools 

RSS UpdatesRSS Updates

Related Articles 

Newsletter 

A weekly newsletter featuring an editorial and a roundup of the latest articles, news and other interesting topics.

Please enter your email address below and click Subscribe.